3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Not just another 3 piece longbow. Prototype will be at Denton  (Read 505 times)

Offline zipper bowss

• Trad Bowhunter
I will have the prototype for our new 3 piece longbow at Denton Hill. Stop by and sling some arrows through it if you would like. I am looking for any and all input on this new bow.
This bow was designed to be converted into a 1 and 2 piece longbow. However, I like the 3 piece versions so much we are going to offer it as well.
The bow pictured is a 60" version.This new bow  will be available in a 60" 62" and 64".

Offline heydeerman

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Not just another 3 piece longbow. Prototype will be at Denton
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2011, 08:08:00 AM »
Will you be at the OSTA State Shoot? I won't be able to make Denton Hill.

Offline Troy Breeding

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2011, 08:25:00 AM »
I hope you can make the OSTA State shoot. I'd really like to see that puppy.

Troy

Offline LongStick64

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2011, 08:47:00 AM »
Looks like a winner already !!!
Primitive Bowhunting.....the experience of a lifetime

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2011, 08:59:00 AM »
Guys, Lowebow and I were up to see Bill about a month ago when he said "I'd like you guys to try something for me". We ran quit a few arrows through this new bow. Let me tell you, it is very, very nice. The bow was unfinished and didn't even have tip overlays on it yet and I was more than impressed. If you have ever shot a Morrison Shawnee with long bow limbs this bow was right there in that category. It is very stable and fast with a buttery smooth draw. Bill was worried about if it was quiet enough. Mike and I would have both hunted with it as is but Bill just wasn't happy with it and he now tells me after a few alterations it is absolutely dead quiet.

This bow is going to be a another Zipper winner.

TJ
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2011, 09:03:00 AM »
I think I must be lost...lol

Please help me understand how a bow can be all 3,... a 1 piece, a two piece, and a 3 piece bow?

Thanks in advance!

God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2011, 09:38:00 AM »
Mudd, as I understand it Bill made a form for a one piece model that he will be introducing sometime soon. He liked the lines of it so he reworked his 3 piece riser to fit the angle of these limbs creating this new 3 piece just for kicks and giggles to see how it shot and really liked it so he is now offering it.

Correct me if I am wrong Bill.
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Offline Warren Cowen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2011, 09:46:00 AM »
A Nice Longbow...
Warren Cowen

Offline JJ1956

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2011, 10:10:00 AM »
Bill will you have a lefthanded one ?

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2011, 10:19:00 AM »
Taking it to the next level! Bill doesn't wait for it to happen, he makes it happen. As much as I love my Zipper recurves, I can't wait to try the one piece longbow when he has it ready. I hear the handle will be slightly more forward than the handle on the takedown. I hear the numbers on this prototype are impressive and it doesn't have ALL the goodies in it yet!
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline BWD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2011, 10:38:00 AM »
Originally posted by Mudd:
I think I must be lost...lol

Please help me understand how a bow can be all 3,... a 1 piece, a two piece, and a 3 piece bow?

Thanks in advance!

God bless,Mudd
It's a unique process. Yep, this bow has got it all.  

I'll give you a little hint. If you use red or green lock-tite on the limb bolts...it becomes a one piece.  :biglaugh:
"If I had tried a little harder and practiced a little more, by now I could have been average"...Me

Offline zipper bowss

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2011, 11:53:00 AM »
Your real close, Tom. This bow was designed to work out the angle and limb shape of our 1 piece longbow.It is alot easier for me to make changes to a 3 piece with detachable limbs than it is to build a completly new 1 piece form every time I want to make a change.Once I got the angles sorted out and limbs designed.I started putting some shape to the dummy riser I was using.Well,in the end I realy liked the 3 peice version.So I decided to offer it as well.I am planning to have the 1 piece for Kalamazoo.

For the 1 piece if you can imagine connecting the wedges of these limbs and then build your handle aroud that.That will atleast give you an idea of what it will look like.On the 1 piece,I am planning to offer both a traditional style longbow grip or a grip similar to the one on this 3 piece.You choose which grip suits you best.

Offline Troy Breeding

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2011, 11:56:00 AM »
Barry!!!! red or green lock-tite????

Now thats about the funniest think I've heard in a long time!!!!!

Troy

Offline zipper bowss

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2011, 12:00:00 PM »
I'm not 100% sure if I will make it to the OSTA shoot or not.I will try.

We are leaving for Denton tuesday morning.I'm not sure if there will be time to get a lefty roughed out but I will try.

This is a completely new bow for us.These limbs can not be used on an SXT riser.
Bill

I think red locktite would go better with the bubinga in this riser.  :bigsmyl:

Offline Gen273

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2011, 01:36:00 PM »
I like it, Good job Bill!!
Jesus Saves (ROM 10:13)

Offline Jwilliam

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2011, 02:07:00 PM »
I always enjoy trying out Bill's new stuff. Can't wait to get to Denton Hill to shoot this one.

Bill

Offline featherhorn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2011, 02:37:00 PM »
I tell you what guys Me and another tradganger (tnbuckskinner) shot it at the ibo worlds last weekend and no joke the first 3 arrows i had ever shot thru it and the first time i had ever shot a Zipper where all touching at 20 yards and for tnbuckskinner He also did the same thing he turned around and handed the bow back to Bill and said I better quit before I buy another bow    :biglaugh:   even Bill Himself could shoot it very good under pressure  :laughing:   And it was a 53@28 bow and with a 610gn arrow it shot it with authority I was very impressed I am just waitting on him to get me a 85# to try LOL.
Guys better get on the list now before he goes to denton or more guys get to shoot the bow cause his list is going to get loooong! after this new Proto
Keep up the good work Bill

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2011, 04:50:00 PM »
Do you have any numbers as far as fps to post with the new design Bill?
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline LimBender

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2011, 05:56:00 PM »
I believe Bill does have some impressive numbers on the protoype!  Can't wait to see how it all shakes out with the 1 and 2 piece.
>>>---TGMM Family of the Bow--->

Shoot some Zippers and a Bear.

Offline zipper bowss

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2011, 06:21:00 PM »
I did not post the numbers because it was not exactly 9 grains per pound and I do not yet have a set of limbs with carbon in them to compare. However I have done some chrono and shooting machine testing.The numbers shake out like this.
52# drawn to 28" with 9.2 grains per pound,this is with cat wiskers  and a brass nock set on the string and 3 4" feathers on the arrow.Ready to hunt.It was shooting 196 or 197 I can not remember which right now.This is with foam cores only.NO CARBON.I have it all wrote down somewhere but we are trying to get things sorted out and loaded up to head to Denton.After we get back I will do some more testing at 9 grains.I expect it to be over 200 with carbon @ 9 grains per pound.
Now the best part is this bow is absolutely quiet!!Nothing but the sound of the string in the air.
BIll

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©