3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Beman/Easton  (Read 1021 times)

Online The Whittler

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Beman/Easton
« on: January 13, 2007, 08:40:00 AM »
I have not tried these skinny carbons with the HIT inserts so I was wondering why are they inside. I have heard when you hit something hard the points will split the ends of the shaft. Also they offer a washer to put on between the point and shaft so the arrow will be less likely to split. My question is why not just use a regular insert, and can or would you use a regular insert. Sorry for being so long winded. Thanks for any ansewers. Alan

Offline James on laptop

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Beman/Easton
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2007, 09:03:00 AM »
You only use the ring for replacable blade broadheads.You can not use regular inserts with them.They are plenty tough.

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2007, 09:15:00 AM »
Many of us that use them "foot" them with a short piece of aluminum shafting. This makes them bomproof and eliminates the problem you describe. To  me they are the best hunting shaft I've ever shot in over half century of shooting. Adding the aluminum sleeve is no big deal  to me.

The reason for the "hidden" insert is to maximize mounting screw in bhs in terms of being mounted straight. i have yet to mount a bh that did not spin true unless there was a problem with the head itself

Each year my wife and I go to Portage, Me. to hunt bear. Where are you up there?
The best things in life....aren't things!

Offline Ray Lyon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2007, 10:45:00 AM »
I don't foot mine and I've not had any problem with splitting. I agree with Bill, the alignment of broadheads is a non-issue (I use Razorcaps and have yet to screw one in that hasn't spun perfectly true).  Make sure you use the chamfering stone prior to inserting points for the first time.

These are the best carbon arrows that I've used (including Arrow Dynamics Traditionals, Grizzly Stick, Blackhawk Vapor Carbons and Carbonwoods). I've not used Goldtips or Carbon Express products.
Tradgang Charter Member #35

Offline LazerRay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2007, 01:30:00 PM »
Same here I don't need to foot them; they will hold up to the toughest carbons out there. What I like about them is every proshop carries them and most don't have trad gear. So these excellent arrows help me contribute to the archery shops around here besides using there lanes.
Contempt prior to investigation leads to everlasting ignorance!
William James

Online The Whittler

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2007, 04:23:00 PM »
Sounds like I'll have to give them a try, thanks guys.

When you foot them do they pull out of the targets hard, and do you glue the whole foot to the carbon arrows?

Bill, you must hunt up there with Eldon. If you come up the turn pike you go by my get off place first. Then drive 2hr maybe a shade more to get to Portage. Mount Kartahdin is my back stop, I get to look at her every day. Alan

Offline 6 POINT

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2007, 05:43:00 PM »
Everything said above plus I found that if the point end of the shaft isn't perfectly square it can put too much pressure on a high spot when shot into something hard and start the shaft to splintering.I use an ASD (arrow squaring device) that I think I got from Kustom King. I also use the broadhead adapter rings from Easton and my arrow splitting is now zero. I do have a concrete block that I have hit 4-5 times on a long down hill shot at a 3D Ram, BIG chunks out of it. I don't know what will win the block or my arrow.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©