3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: 2011 Southern Indiana Bowhunt  (Read 3417 times)

Offline americanhunter7

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: 2011 Southern Indiana Bowhunt
« Reply #220 on: October 02, 2011, 06:39:00 PM »
Billy,

If you are talking about Pyoca (church camp), there's really no crops around it until you get north of it which is corn, and a small field of beans. If you are talking about the Million Dollar Lake a.k.a. Lake and Forest it looks to be mostly corn.

John  :campfire:
John         :campfire:        

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline tecum-tha

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #221 on: October 02, 2011, 08:27:00 PM »
The 70-75 my be good for my 56" Morrison.
Bring them and we'll see...

Offline Stiks-n-Strings

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #222 on: October 03, 2011, 03:55:00 PM »
I am really hoping to be able to be in wednesday but I got to do a brake job on the truck and still have to dig out all my crap LOL. I came to the conclusion today that I really need to thin down on some stuff that has been gathered over the years.

It's really got bad since I got into trad Got sticks and staves and leather and skins laying everywhere and it seems like I have aquired enough camping gear for a small army.

Probably end up coming in Thursday morning and setting up camp and laying around and being lazy for the day.
Striker stinger 58" 55# @ 28
any wood bow I pick off the rack.
 2 Cor. 10:4
 TGMM Family of The Bow
 MK, LLC Shareholder
Proud Member of the Twister Twelve

Offline b.glass

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #223 on: October 04, 2011, 07:26:00 AM »
Just finished my last night of work. I'm now off for the next 7 nights.

I have a long to-do list. Making squirrel arrows. Painting them florecs... flourese... bright pink. With 2, 3/8" hex nuts on them they wieght a little more than my deer arrows.

I hear what you're saying about the stuff piling up Kris. 3, 5 gallon buckets of arrows and shafts, staves, tools, camo....holy cow!

I'm trying for Wednesday. If I make it that early I will probably do some hunt/scouting.
B.Glass, aka Mom, aka Longbowwoman
Gregory R. Glass Feb. 14th, 1989-April 1st, 2007; Forever 18.
TGMM Family of The Bow
Mark 5:36 "Don't be afraid, just believe".

Offline John Scifres

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #224 on: October 04, 2011, 09:03:00 AM »
Gonna be a little hot after noon.  South and east winds.  Might be a good time to sit close to water.  Those hills drain quick and there's not much water up high.  There are a couple lakes and small streams in the area.  Put that in your plans.

Bad news from Darren, he's not going to be able to make it.  Work and a couple weeks of lost income from the elk hunt have gotten in the way.  Someone else is going to have to shoot the "Last of the Mohican Doe" this year.

I'm bringing my leafy suit and a pair of shorts to hunt in.  For the newbies, here's a pic of te campsite.

It's self explanatory I think but let me know if you have questions.  Remember that they do not allow you to bring in your own firewood unless it is lumber or debarked.  You can buy wood for $4 or $5 and also you can collect dead and laying stuff.  There should be enough considering we won't need it to stay warm  :)   Or dry ourselves out  :)    :)    :)

See you all Friday.  Email me and I'll get you my cell number although the only service you'll get at the campground is likely Verizon.  You can hike up the hill and get AT&T also.  I have T-Mobile and don't know about that yet.  There is also a decent Mexican restaurant in town that has adequate food and cold Negro Modelos!
Take a kid hunting!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Troy Breeding

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #225 on: October 04, 2011, 01:16:00 PM »
Yesterday I desided I was going to leave this morning. It would give me another day to hunt. I had hoped to be there by noon today. However, that got kicked in the head this morning when I woke up to a fridge that died sometime in the night. When I looked in the freezer part to get something out I found that my ice cream was more cream than ice and the ice cube bucket was nothng but a bucket of water. Went to town and bought another one that will be delievered late this evening. So it looks like I'll be there about noonish tomarrow.

Troy

Offline Hackbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #226 on: October 04, 2011, 01:27:00 PM »
Well, I'm bummed. As John said, I won't be able to make it this year. I work as a contractor and the weather out here pushed a job back a couple days. This is the first one of these hunts I'll have missed. Definitely will miss seeing the regulars and getting to meet all the new folks. Best of luck to everyone. Not sure if son John (laxbowman) will still come down or not.

Darren

Offline Stiks-n-Strings

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #227 on: October 04, 2011, 02:17:00 PM »
Hate to hear it Darren, was looking forward to seeing you.

Stiks
 TGMM Family of The Bow
 MK, LLC Shareholder

Offline Hackbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #228 on: October 04, 2011, 06:35:00 PM »
I know Kris, me too. Heck, my mouth was already waterin' over whatever you were plannin' to cook. Besides missing out on everyone's company, I'll miss seeing the Fall colors there. Year after year that area has some of the prettiest to be found.

Offline sgrogg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #229 on: October 04, 2011, 08:17:00 PM »
Sure sounds like a good time.  I'm almost recovered from this years' elk hunt so I might be able to get down there.  John, I sent you an e-mail.  Thanks, Steve

Offline tecum-tha

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #230 on: October 04, 2011, 11:28:00 PM »
I will bring some moose burger to camp as well...

Offline Billy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #231 on: October 05, 2011, 09:12:00 AM »
Thank you, AH7.
Bona, I had not forgotten....
Deliver an 88k pound, 12 wide excavator, this a.m. and head for the house.....be there mid-afternoon (Brent and I)..good Lord willing and creeks don't rise...
TGMM Family of the Bow

Taker of the Founders Red Pill

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #232 on: October 05, 2011, 09:15:00 AM »
Good Luck Fellars  :thumbsup:
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline John Scifres

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #233 on: October 05, 2011, 10:45:00 AM »
I was going through the freezer and came upon a boneless rear quarter from the button buck I killed last year.  Got a dry rub on it right now and will slow roast it tonight for some camp meat.  Should make for some great afternoon sandwiches.  MMMMMmmmmmmm.
Take a kid hunting!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Stiks-n-Strings

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #234 on: October 05, 2011, 01:06:00 PM »
Fixing to leave the house as soon as the mail runs, Hoping my Bama twister shows up today.

I'll keep the lantern on LOL
 TGMM Family of The Bow
 MK, LLC Shareholder

Offline Rob W.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #235 on: October 05, 2011, 01:45:00 PM »
I will hopefully roll in about noon tommorrow. Still can't beleive I have 4 days to myself!

Rob
This stuff ain't no rocket surgery science!

Offline John Scifres

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #236 on: October 05, 2011, 02:59:00 PM »
Well first Darren bails on me and now my brother dumps me.  Starting to see a pattern!  Guess I'll drive the Corolla and pack light now.  I don't need them sums-a-beeches anyhow.  I got real friends coming gawsh dangit.

Seriously though, I'm gonna pack really light and make this as simple as possible now.  Might just bum a spot in one of y'all's camp if there is space.  See ya all in a couple days.
Take a kid hunting!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline b.glass

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #237 on: October 05, 2011, 04:57:00 PM »
I will leave in the am as soon as I get my son to school. Should be there late morning. No teepee, just couldn't work it out. My sister and her husband will be there Fri. evening or Sat. am.
TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline b.glass

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #238 on: October 05, 2011, 05:02:00 PM »
Oh ya! I got one of John Rook's arrows to hunt with this season. It came today and flies really well out of my Steve Russell selfbow. No modifications needed!

Can anyone tell me if a blunt will take down a grouse? I'm hoping to get a shot at one during the hunt.

I made a dozen squirrel/grouse arrows but I don't want to shoot broadheads into the air on public grounds.
TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline americanhunter7

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #239 on: October 05, 2011, 06:18:00 PM »
John S.

I'm gonna try and get out there tomorrow morning and set up a tent and other items. I was gonna leave my tent up till Sunday and won't be there to use it Saturday if you wanna bunk with me Thursday and Friday and use it Saturday and Sunday...I'll warn you though I sometimes sounds like a really big chainsaw....LOL!! I'm gonna drive out while here at work and see who is all out there tonight.

John  :campfire:
John         :campfire:        

TGMM Family of the Bow

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©