3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Clue me in on the HH bug Thread  (Read 558 times)

Offline Caleb the bow breaker

• Trad Bowhunter
Clue me in on the HH bug Thread
« on: July 26, 2011, 09:42:00 AM »
LOL,

Can somebody give the the Cliff's notes on the HH Bug thread.  I just dont think I have the dedication to read 250 some odd pages of posts.

C
Oh squeaky treestand, how I hate thee!

Offline khardrunner

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Clue me in on the HH bug Thread
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 11:17:00 AM »
Read the quick load version linked on the first page...it makes it a lot faster and you can search for specific info
I Corinthians 9 24-25
...run in such a way so as to obtain the prize!

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, 11:21:00 AM »
Caleb...yeah...those type threads you need to be here when they start...and keep up with the story and bi-lines daily.  

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to keep up with it myself....too busy with too little time.    :(
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline shoothathang

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2011, 11:21:00 AM »
I've only read a few pages of that thread myself,but apparently there's a lot of people here that get a warm fuzzy feeling over their Hill bows

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2011, 11:30:00 AM »
I really like Hill style bows but it has gone to far for me to keep up. If I found a good deal on one tomorrow I'd grab it, but that has gone to far for me   :thumbsup:
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2011, 12:29:00 PM »
There's a Silver Tip thread like that one also...and I'm pretty sure its LONGER than the HH thread.
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline K. Mogensen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2011, 12:34:00 PM »
The HH Bug thread is full of great info. It's not just people with a "warm fuzzy feeling over their Hill bows." There's info on how to shoot them so you don't get the handshock so many complain about. How to shoot them accurately. Info on choosing the right bow length, weight, grip, etc. The list goes on and on. Rob D. did an awesome little slide show too showcasing Hills.

The searchable thread is awesome!

Offline Jon Stewart

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2011, 01:04:00 PM »
I haven't read it either and was wondering the same thing.  They sure get a good return on the used ones.  Been looking for one in a lighter weight and can't find one.  The only one I did find was goiong for $400.00.

Offline stabow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2011, 01:08:00 PM »
It has made finding a used one at a really good price harder.LOL.....stabow
The best thing about owning a dog is that someone is happy when you come home.

Offline bownutts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2011, 01:40:00 PM »
bow now coming back home too me

Offline fireball31

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2011, 01:44:00 PM »
IMHO, that thread is going to lead to a whole bunch of used ones within the next year. LOL.  I love Hill's but there are a lot of individuals who it is not the right bow for, and I think a lot of them are picking them up to fit in.

Offline Looper

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2011, 01:52:00 PM »
That thread is basically like a bunch of guys sitting around a campfire, talking about Hill-style bows and shooting them, showing pictures of their bows and hunts, and generally just having a conversation.  Like any conversation, the specific topics vary, but, in general, the theme has remained focused around the Hill-style bow.

The participants are of varied skill and knowledge, and many are excellent bowyers, which provides some useful insight.  It is by no means a closed group, and anyone is welcomed to join in.  I don't think you have to read the whole thread to contribute, as most of the current conversations are pretty recent, maybe only a page or two old. Just make sure to use the search function to make sure any new question hasn't already been answered.

Offline bownutts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2011, 01:59:00 PM »
I guess if you didnt grow up with a Hill well

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2011, 02:26:00 PM »
In the end it has to be about how a bow shoots for you and not just the pretty wood.  I agree that there will be lots of used ones. I know it may be against the grain, but if you want to enjoy shooting a Hill style bow, shoot it like Hill would shoot it. Not saying that reinventing a wheel of your shape will not work, but from 40 years of shooting Hill style bows and teaching others, 9 out of 10 are better off starting with shooting them Hill style first and then perhaps allowing the form to have ones own slight variations to it, which is natural and expected.  I wonder what the going price will be for them used in the future if there is going to be a flood of them available.

Offline Overspined

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2011, 02:33:00 PM »
It is like playing the stock market w bows! Lol. Hill bows get bought up pretty quick. I know I pick up the 40-50#'s regularly. They don't get old to me

Offline Bill Turner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2011, 03:46:00 PM »
One thing I'll say about the Hill's. Craig has done a great job keeping the price down. If you avoid all the bells and whistles you can get a very servicable bow, brand new, for $650 or less. Add all the bells and whistles and your looking at less than a grand shipped, and you'll have it in short order. Compared to most thats a bargain.

Offline Ric O'Shay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2011, 03:55:00 PM »
Hmmm, is this going to be another HH bug thread? Maybe......   :saywhat:
I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just.   - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Dick in Seattle

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2011, 04:02:00 PM »
Speaking of the thread, not the subject matter, which is dear to my heart, I just find it unworkable.   I followed for awhile, but it's too difficult to follow specific lines of interest.  A post you're interested in quickly gets buried, and tracking just responses on that subject becomes too burdensome.  I drop in from time to time, but I don't have time to track the solid info vs. the just comments.   Great place to see Hill style eye candy, though.
Dick in Seattle

"It ain't how well the bow you shoot shoots, it's how well you shoot the bow you shoot."

Offline shoothathang

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2011, 04:26:00 PM »
I'm wasn't dissin' Hill bows with my last post.I've never shot one.Some folks mention handshock or the grip doesn't fit.But I never heard they don't shoot straight.Just sayin' people that love 'em,well...love 'em.thus the warm fuzzy comment(in case anyone misunderstood my meanin')

Offline dragonheart

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2011, 05:30:00 PM »
If you have to ask, well...

You need to shoot a Hill!  LOL!
Longbows & Short Shots

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©