3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Clue me in on the HH bug Thread  (Read 559 times)

Offline Caleb the bow breaker

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Clue me in on the HH bug Thread
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2011, 05:46:00 PM »
man,

Looks like I might have started another fire.

C
Oh squeaky treestand, how I hate thee!

Offline shoothathang

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2011, 06:42:00 PM »
dragonheart-shooting a Hill bow is definately on my to do list:)

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2011, 06:48:00 PM »
It ain`t for everybody. For me I shoot one because I enjoy shooting it more than any other bow I have. I see no drawbacks in shooting one and Good Lord Willing will be sporting pics of it laying across deer in about 7 weeks are so....RC

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2011, 07:17:00 PM »
I am having fun with the thread and learning a bunch at the same time.

Old dogs can learn new tricks!

It didn't take me as long as I thought it might to morph my shooting style over to that displayed in the John Shulz video "Hittem like Howard.

God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Online Ben Maher

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2011, 07:55:00 PM »
It isn't really for following ... just for jumping in chatting about Hills and Hill style bows .
It may look intimidating because of its size but its about as relaxed as a thread can get ... with eye candy to boot !

Have you also noticed , that compared to other threads , what an articluate and handsome bunch the Hill enthusiats are ?
Jus Sayin ......
" All that is gold does not glitter , not all those who wander are lost "
J.R.R TOLKIEN

« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2011, 09:05:00 PM »
This morning it was hot, muggy and not a breath of a breeze. I loaded up my quivers left and right handed with the appropriate arrows, several trips later all of longbows were under my apple tree out back and went out to shoot 50 arrows out of each one of my hill style bows, trying to decide which one was going to be my prime hunter for the year. That is 650 arrows shot, it is a toss up between my whip ended 68" 58 pound yew/bamboo or my 66" 64 pound Schulz Legend.  You Hill shooters are nuts in the head, NOT AS NUTS AS ME!!!, but still nuts. And to think that I gave away about half of my bows last year and I still miss them.  Just kidding, it is hard to know when one has too many longbows.

Offline arrow flynn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2011, 10:09:00 PM »
my intro to hill bows was when iwent to bob wesleys bow camp for some expert instruction he didnt care much for my rd longbow i got to shoot some of his bows and quickly became adicted to the hill style one reality though is a state of the art hybrid bow will at 10 lbs less wt willbe up to 20 ft per second faster with the same arrow
Arrow_Flynn

Online Walt Francis

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2011, 11:50:00 PM »
Well...if'n I was still a youngster in college, I think there might be a way to turn that thread into a Master thesis.   :laughing:    :laughing:    :laughing:
The broadhead used, regardless of how sharp, is nowhere as important as being able to place it in the correct spot.

Walt Francis

Regular Member of the Professional Bowhunters Society

Offline GRINCH

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2011, 02:20:00 AM »
:laughing:    :laughing:    :laughing:
TGMM Family of The Bow,
USN 1973-1995

Offline Benny Nganabbarru

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2011, 03:57:00 AM »
The American Longbow: The Element of Style!
TGMM - Family of the Bow

Offline michaelschwister

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2011, 06:07:00 AM »
With all the recent ILF and carbon / foam/ nano hype, this backlash is natural and expected.  I for one am looking to see a major resurgance of the Great Northern Critter Gitter; IMHO the greatest meat maker ever.  Although I hope not as I recently picked one up for $260!!
"The best thing to give to your enemy is forgiveness; to a friend, your heart; to your child, a good example; to a father, deference; to your mother, conduct that will make her proud of you; to yourself, respect" - Benjamin Franklin

Offline GingivitisKahn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2011, 06:58:00 AM »
I love that there is a Hill Bug thread closing in on 300 pages and a Hill Bug Discussion thread already at three pages.  I feel this weird urge to start a Hill Bug Discussion Meta thread.

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2011, 08:29:00 AM »
For we who are less than computer literate, please explain (a Hill Bug Discussion Meta thread)

Thank you!

God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2011, 08:44:00 AM »
Originally posted by Dick in Seattle:
Speaking of the thread, not the subject matter, which is dear to my heart, I just find it unworkable.   I followed for awhile, but it's too difficult to follow specific lines of interest.  A post you're interested in quickly gets buried, and tracking just responses on that subject becomes too burdensome.  I drop in from time to time, but I don't have time to track the solid info vs. the just comments.   Great place to see Hill style eye candy, though.
dick, that's the reason for the quick search page.  i refresh it several times a month.  it takes those hundreds of pages of text and images, and compresses it all into one web browser page that can be individual word/phrase searched and buzzed through every single post and image real fast.

the link for the hhbug quick search page is always located in the very first post of that thread.

ditto's for the american flat longbow slide show, which is now updated almost daily.
IAM ~ The only government I trust is my .45-70 ... and my 1911.

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2011, 08:55:00 AM »
I have not been following after the first 80 pages...but I did go to the update and found the slide show just fantastic..........
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline bownutts

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: July 27, 2011, 02:23:00 PM »
sweet  shooting bows

Offline Benny Nganabbarru

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: July 27, 2011, 05:35:00 PM »
I sure don't follow or read the whole thing either, I just peruse it and scan it for things of interest to me, and I enjoy being a small part of it.
TGMM - Family of the Bow

Offline Okie man

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: July 27, 2011, 06:44:00 PM »
I never miss a post.  I have seen some beautiful scenery and bows on the HH thread as well as some valuable shooting tips with the Hill style bow.  I check the thread at least 10 times per day.  If I was a better hunter that lived in a prettier area and was more adept with a digital camera, I could contribute more. As it stands, I am living vicariously through you guys. I will do my best to post pics when my new bow gets here though.  I hope that next year I will get out of state to hunt elk.  Those are some awesome animals.
When the moment of truth arrives, the time for preparation has passed

Offline GingivitisKahn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2011, 07:05:00 AM »
Originally posted by Mudd:
For we who are less than computer literate, please explain (a Hill Bug Discussion Meta thread)

Thank you!

God bless,Mudd
That would just be another thread about this one.  Well that and a smart alec remark by me.   :D

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: July 28, 2011, 12:14:00 PM »
we're all crazy in some fashion  ;)    :D
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<