3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: No Bow Prejudice! Who's With Me?  (Read 891 times)

Offline Got2strum

• Trad Bowhunter
No Bow Prejudice! Who's With Me?
« on: July 28, 2011, 07:28:00 AM »
Are there any others out there who can't hold fast to just a single bow or even a single style bow ?
I love my classic "D" American longbow, a 69" John Strunk "Thumper". It is dead quiet and has such classic,elegant lines. Plus it is a joy to carry with its light mass weight. Whenever I am feeling nostalgic this is the bow I grab.
This past winter I acquired a beautiful Schafer Silvertip 3 piece recurve. I probably shoot it better than any bow I have shot yet. It has a solid feel during and after the shot. The draw is among the smoothest I have experienced. Although I have not managed to get it as quiet as my others, it is still plenty quiet for hunting purposes and it shoots an arrow with authority.
 And finally, Tuesday night I picked up a new "longbow" if you would call it that. A 56" Leon Stewart Lil' Slammer. It is extremely maneuverable, deadly quiet, and flat out smokes an arrow. I don't shoot it as well as my Schafer yet but after just two days I am quickly getting attached to this little guy. I can't wait to really get a chance to run it through the paces.
 Anyone else show no bow prejudice   :D  

Offline Hard Times

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: No Bow Prejudice! Who's With Me?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2011, 07:44:00 AM »
I'm right there with you, I have a Heritage "Rocky Miller" Longbow,and I recently picked up a Schafer Silvertip 3pc recurve, and a Big Jim TC. All have their place on the rack.

Offline Lamey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2011, 07:45:00 AM »
yeah im with you too,   i lik'em all.

Online Ben Maher

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2011, 08:02:00 AM »
Hey Mate !
I ain't got no prejudice as long as its a Hill style longbow ..... haha

Then my tack driving ILF rig with short stab and 4 pin sight reminds me that there is bunch or room on my bow rack for ' archery equipment ' coz its all good !
" All that is gold does not glitter , not all those who wander are lost "
J.R.R TOLKIEN

Offline Dave Thaxton

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2011, 08:18:00 AM »
I'm with ya....check out my sig line. I shoot em all, without prejudice  :bigsmyl:
64"55@28 Kohannah Flatbow
60"53@28 Robertson Peregrine
68"45@28 Howard Hill Redman

Offline Night Wing

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2011, 08:24:00 AM »
I like to look at recurves and longbows, but I can't shoot a longbow worth a flying flip because of the straight style grip of a longbow. This is why I don't own any longbows and only own and shoot recurves.
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 42# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 10.02
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 37# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 11.37

Offline Got2strum

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2011, 08:56:00 AM »
Haha! "As long as its a hill style" How's it goin Ben?  I figured I'd start a thread just for fun and maybe get some eye candy of others collections too.
Nightwing, I shoot the D style longbows quite well, or so I thought until I shot the Schafer. Your right though, I just like looking at pretty bows too.

Online Hermon

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2011, 08:58:00 AM »
That is a nice stable of bows.  I am mainly a longbow guy, but have a couple recurves that I like to take out every now and then.

Offline Troy Breeding

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2011, 09:11:00 AM »
Welcome to the world of Trad archery. You never will be 100% satisfied. If nothing else your interest in something different will always lurk in the back of your mind..  :-)  :-)

Troy

Offline BradLantz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2011, 09:18:00 AM »
I've become a Zipper lover the past 3 years or so ... sold all others and am currently courting a Zipper Extreme and an SXT ... not sure which I'll marry yet  :)

Online cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2011, 09:21:00 AM »
I love them all me too and I hate to sell my bows.I like the elegant lines of the longbow but I am not as good with them as I am with the recurves,so I stick with them.Custom and vintage.
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline BowMIke

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2011, 09:26:00 AM »
I am prejudiced towards Morrison longbows, but I have a couple of Centuars I like, A couple Eaglewings(longbow and recurve), Black Widow,Dale dyes, and a few others.
Therefore I am prejudiced, but still have a wandering eye for other nice bows!

Offline Breakfast Boy

• Corporate Sponsor
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2011, 09:27:00 AM »
I envy you guys.  I had Jerry Brumm make me a Great Northern Critter Gitter earlier this year and it is my soul mate as far as bows are concerned.  I have two other bows...an old, camo painted Bear recurve that I use for bowfishing and a Thunderstick Mag that I have listed here on the classifieds (someone please go buy it, you NEED another bow for your collection...Lol).  I just don't have any want or need to own more than two bows.  And if I didn't want an old beat up bow for bowfishing, I would probably sell it too.  Lol!

My dad is just the opposite.  He's got a good 30 traditional bows hanging in his den right now.  He'll shoot a different one each time he goes out in the yard to shoot and just picks the bow that strikes his fancy that day.

I personally think it's a sickness, although a rather cool one.

:knothead:    :laughing:
-Jameson

Membership Secretary
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

www.comptontraditionalbowhunters.com

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2011, 09:28:00 AM »
I've always been in love with a Blacktail recurve. So easy to shoot and they are beautiful wood creations. I have bought other bows to try out...sold most of them. Still wanting to have a longbow on the rack I had pursued them. Like Night Wing I just never could shoot one well enough to keep one around. Then I acquired a Blacktail LB. It has some history having been a friends. I shoot it good too. Then came the 64" Toelke Whip that I shoot well. Then the Allen Boice Contender made it's way to my hand. Love that Contender! So, I guess good things come in three's sometimes!
The Blacktail recurve is still my "go to" bow...but the others are hot on it's heals...haha
Isaiah 49:2...he made me a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

Offline scedvm

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2011, 10:15:00 AM »
Always been a recurve guy but the last couple years have started playing more with the longbow.  Been thinking that the hybrid might be the way to go for me but haven't found the one that fits me yet.  Still trying though!

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2011, 11:29:00 AM »
Just look at my bow rack and your question will be answered, 2 Holm, Morrison ILF, Toelke, Spirit, RER, 2 Bears, Green Mt., Zipper with 2 set of limbs, Apex Pred., Silvertip, Mikuta, Dywer and a few others and some self bows I made. I and I have recently sold about 10 bows. I like bows and I will always like bows. I'm just a bit more fussy now than I was. I still want to get another Hill. Me prejudice....I think not!!!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline LongStick64

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2011, 11:50:00 AM »
How could you be prejudiced with the amazing talent we have to pick from. Yes I prefer to shoot a longbow, but please don't tell me not to shoot my Dale Dye.
Primitive Bowhunting.....the experience of a lifetime

Offline sticksnstones

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2011, 12:21:00 PM »
That's funny, looks almost exactly like my bow rack.
60" 3pc Quinn Longhorn Classic recurve
70" Howard Hill Big Five longbow
64" Maddog MUTT longbow

Offline Ragnarok Forge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2011, 01:13:00 PM »
I shoot Wallace royals and nothing else. I love shooting my buddies bows at shoots and the club, but my bow rack has 5 royals and Tricia is looking at adding #6.
Clay Walker
Skill is not born into anyone.  It is earned thru hard work and perseverance.

« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2011, 02:33:00 PM »
I don't have any  prejudice at all, except I hate how much straight limbed longbow weight it takes to shoot a faster arrow than my wife's little Lost Creek NAT.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©