3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: who converts long Bows to T/D?  (Read 335 times)

Offline Tajue17

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: who converts long Bows to T/D?
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2011, 09:15:00 AM »
thanks again for the tips and info on who installs these,,,I am still looking into this because I don't really use this bow too much but it would be cool to leave behind my truck seat broken down and a good spare,,  I have a treadway on its way for me to try too thanks to one of you which I'm looking forward to shooting and a few other people have something forsale on the back burner that fits what I am looking for in a 2-piece T/D..
"Us vs Them"

Offline Missouri Sherpa

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: who converts long Bows to T/D?
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2011, 06:18:00 PM »
I have a pair of super shrews that have been converted to take downs with the connexion hinge.  I bought one used with the hinge installed and did the other one myself.  I have been using these bows for several years until I upgraded to bow bolt takedowns on some new bows 2 years ago.  My son shoots them now.  

I did a trial run on a real cheap bow I picked up on the auction site and I am glad I did.  I tried to countersink the hinge into the handle for a more sleek and aesthetically appealing look.  It looked great, right up until it blew up/exploded in my hands at full draw.  You cannot violate the back of the bow.  The hinge needs to be installed on top of the glass to be safe.  The shrew grip/riser is not as big as many other bows but still big enough to make into a takedown if you are careful.  Good luck.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©