3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Toelke's Classic Whip ??  (Read 238 times)

Offline AdamH

• Trad Bowhunter
Toelke's Classic Whip ??
« on: July 29, 2011, 05:11:00 PM »
I had a Wonderful conversation the other evening with Dan Toelke, the mans obviously on Top of his game with Bow building and a world of knowledge, We talked about what I want and my style & man would I like to try a Classic Whip in 66'' so anyone shootin Dans Classic Whip ?? Thanks Much ...

Offline Dan Adair

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Toelke's Classic Whip ??
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2011, 06:04:00 PM »
I'm in the Flathead...  yeah, I've shot a pile of them.

If I ever went Longbow, I'd drop a grand at Dan's and never look back.

Thats the local consensus too.  He's a great guy, and you're right, he builds a helluva longbow.

Offline Suty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2011, 06:47:00 PM »
I second that, and third it too. I own 3 Toelke Recurves, and I am looking at. T/D Whip and a T/D Chinook:) So, do I like his Bows , yeah think.... Tu Compadre, Sutty
Dryad Orion ACS Recurve 53#

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle."  Edmund Burke

Offline LongStick64

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2011, 06:53:00 PM »
I have the Classic, it is a very smooth longbow a real pleasure to shoot. I use it as my practice bow because it never works against me. As for performance I prefer my Toelke D bow, I feel it has a bit more oomph.
Primitive Bowhunting.....the experience of a lifetime

Offline dot 1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2011, 06:59:00 PM »
i live in the flathead also, and have shot dans bows a couple times and visited with him at shoots, very nice guy. i dont think you would be disapointed with a whip. one of the guys i shoot with has one and he loves it and its very accurate.

Offline AdamH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2011, 07:11:00 PM »
LongStick64, thanks much, so the straight D bow has more performance than the Whip limb in the Classic ?? This is interesting ... Thanks ,, Pound for Pound of course ...

Offline LongStick64

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2011, 07:18:00 PM »
The Classic for me is smoother on the draw, The D a little stiffer. Basically true of every R/D compared to a D. But I really feel Dan's D Bow adds some punch I don't get out my Hill Cheetah for comparison.

Offline Lamey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2011, 07:33:00 PM »
nahhh.... the Whip has a definite speed advantage over the Super D,  not much but its there.  

There all great bows,   would be hard to pick one over the other.

Offline LongStick64

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2011, 08:52:00 PM »
I guess I'm so used to my other D's being on the slower side, but the Toelke D is the quickest D for me.

While I've had two Whips, I prefer the Classic, I like the squared grip.

Offline Lamey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2011, 09:01:00 PM »
yeah i will agree with you there,  the Toelke D is definitely a fast, flat shooting "D" type.  

Dan made some changes to the later "locator" grips on the Super D, I really like that grip a ton.

Of the entire line up I like his Classic Whip and Super D,  really great bows, cant go wrong with either.

Online Jim Wright

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2011, 09:20:00 PM »
Dan has made a few of both the standard Whips and D bows for me and pound for pound the Whip is slightly faster. My 62" Whip shoots an 11.4 grains per pound draw weight arrow the same as my 64" Super Ds shoot 11 to 1. The Super D is an exceptional Hill style bow however and has actually become my favorite, I would guess I shoot them 70-80% of the time. Like all Dan's bows there is nothing not to like and they are RIDICULOUSLY quiet.

Offline AdamH

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2011, 09:23:00 PM »
Thank You All !!

Offline El gran J

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2011, 12:45:00 AM »
I started shooting Mr. Toelke's bows after I shot a friends Whip longbow.  If I had known about his bows, I'd have bought one of his instead of my Black Widow PL V longbow.  I just recently purchased a Lynx 3 piece recurve from him.  I have the same thoughts.  His bows are so incredibly quiet!!!  Even the skittish pigs on our ranch have given me second and on one occasion a third chance at another shot.  Excellent bows, and the guy is a pleasure to talk to!
Be Kind, Be Courteous, But always have a plan......

Offline Green

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2011, 05:41:00 AM »
I bought my first Whip about 4 months ago via the classifieds here.  There will be more.  Dan's a great guy to talk to.....and a wealth of knowledge in the shooting arena.  To say the Whip is an impressive bow to shoot is an understatement.
ASL's, Selfbows, and Wood Arra's
Just because you are passionate about something, doesn't mean you don't suck at it.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©