3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: holm- made bows  (Read 358 times)

Offline jelepley

• Trad Bowhunter
holm- made bows
« on: August 01, 2011, 12:33:00 PM »
i had the pleasure of meeting chad holms and to shoot his bows at denton this weekend. i was very impressed.top-notch bows from a top-notch guy.his workmanship and attention to detail are outstanding.one of the nicest shooting bows and one of the most comfortable grips i've shot.and at about half the cost of some of the bows there,a very good bargain also

Offline rraming

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: holm- made bows
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 02:03:00 PM »
Chad makes a nice bow, I own an Osprey, he is an honest guy and does nice work. They are a bargain!

Offline PICKNGRIN

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 03:25:00 PM »
I had Chad make me a River Runner about a year ago.  Chad's bows perform great!!  I also own one of his Ospreys.  You won't meet a better guy to deal with!

Offline giff

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 05:35:00 PM »
yep, I talked to him and shot both the rive runner and osprey and I think I'm going to order a river runner.

Offline Bob Abeln

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2011, 05:41:00 PM »
Great shooters. I have a Osprey. It smokes an arrow. Super smooth and quiet bows.

Offline Lamey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2011, 06:38:00 PM »
Ive not owned or shot one,  but some folks I respect very much like them a ton!

Offline SkottyBoy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2011, 08:12:00 PM »
I have one of his 58" River Runners (I do believe it is pictured on his site).  Beautiful and preforms with any bow I have owned.  You can not go wrong with a Holm-Made.
>>>------Scott------->

Offline pitbull

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2011, 08:32:00 PM »
I sat around the campfire a few times with Chad and you won't find a better guy. A few friends and I have killed a pile of deer with his bows. Top notch all the way. Best bang for the buck out there.

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2011, 08:44:00 PM »
One of my big regrets from the Denton Hill weekend was missing the chance to shoot one of the most beautiful one piece longbows I have ever seen.  Cocobolo riser, with stunning grey glass limbs.  The combo was gorgeous, but I was tied up in my booth all weekend and never got the chance to take a test drive.  Then Tippit walked back into camp carrying that very same bow and the regret really set in!  
Great looking work, and a fine man to deal with.  :thumbsup:
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline Hooper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2011, 08:45:00 PM »
Two years ago at Denton Hill I was test shooting someone's bow and this guy next to me was shooting a Osprey and he said hey you ever hear of a Holm's bow and he insisted that I test shoot it. Well, I never forgot that and was vary impressed with his long bow's. So finally this year at Denton I ordered a Osprey. Chad is a great guy and was vary patient and helpful in taking my order. This will be my first long bow and I can't wait.
Black Widow PSA III - 59#@31
Black Widow PSR III - 53#@30 1/2
Holm Osprey 62"- 55#@30"

Offline Dave Paradowski

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2011, 11:06:00 AM »
I bought an Osprey, [60", 44# at 28"] last year at Denton Hill. Extremely pleased and satisfied with the performance and workmanship of the bow.
DaveP

Offline buckster

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2011, 02:00:00 PM »
I recently received my bow-bolt Osprey from Chad and couldn't be happier!
"Carpe Carp" ... Seize the fish.

Offline Gray Buffalo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2011, 05:28:00 PM »
I love my Osprey. It shoots a heavy arrow real well. I like 650gr Arrows. That is one bow I'll
Have when I go to the Big Hunt in the sky.
I try not to let my mind wander...It is too small and fragile to be out by itself.

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him; better take a closer look at the American Indian." Henry Ford

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2011, 05:45:00 PM »
Spent some time chatting with Chad at Denton. I was picking his brain about the next one he will build for me. I have a River Runner and an Osprey, both are my go to bows. The longbow is going on my first Elk hunt in 3 weeks, my next one will be a 2 piece at about the same poundage....50# @ 29, and I think I will go 64" for the next one. Great guy and a fine craftsman..........   :thumbsup:
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline zipper bowss

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2011, 06:01:00 PM »
Hey Chad,What did you call that prototype bow I shot??It sure was sweet!
Bill

Offline Holm-Made

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2011, 08:09:00 PM »
Thanks for the nice words guys.  I appreciate it.

Bill, that was my Osprey with the prototype composite sleeve TD.  

Chad

Offline zipper bowss

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2011, 08:40:00 PM »
Osprey, Nothing wrong with that one!!  :thumbsup:  
Bill

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2011, 08:51:00 PM »
Chad you hold'n out on me...........composite sleeve ????? What composite sleeve?
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline flint kemper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2011, 08:58:00 PM »
I would like to see some pictures of the grey limbed bow and the prototype bow as well. Chad do you have any pictures of both of them?

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2011, 09:22:00 PM »
That gray Osprey was really nice.........

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©