3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Big Jims waiting list?  (Read 462 times)

Offline babs

• Trad Bowhunter
Big Jims waiting list?
« on: August 01, 2011, 12:49:00 PM »
I was wondering if anybody knows the wait time on one of his bows, I shoot a thunderchild at denton and I need to order one. I shoot one in the 46 pound range and a 2pc and was wondering if anybody knew what size grip it had I forgot to ask big jim it had horn on the tips I believe too thanks
Border tempest hex 7
Border tempest 25 hex 6.5
L.H.A Hayestani Combo 47lbs @28
Bob Lee camo dipped 47lbs @ 29
Bob Lee Heavyweight 50@29
Stewart 3pc Slammer. 45@28
Hoyt GMX & RCX 1000 limbs

Offline Friend

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Big Jims waiting list?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 01:29:00 PM »
Was 6 t 7 months. Would believe after his never ending crowd at the IBO World and my speculated great participation at Denton Hill, his lead time is up.

Best to contact Big Jim. He is both a wonderful gentleman and gifted bowyer.
>>----> Friend <----<<

My Lands… Are Where My Dead Lie Buried.......Crazy Horse

Offline huntin_sparty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 01:35:00 PM »
Just got on the list last week and was 7 months.
More bows than I should have!
Michigan Traditional Bowhunters

Offline jamesh76

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 01:52:00 PM »
dont forget to keep an eye out on the classifieds. they are on there often.
-------------------------------
James Haney
Spring Hill, KS
_ _ _ _ _ ______ _  _  _  _  _
USMC Infantry 1996-2001
1st Marine Division
-------------------------------

Offline Dirtybird

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2011, 02:31:00 PM »
A friend ordered one 8 months ago and still no bow, I think he's getting anxious

Offline buckster

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2011, 05:04:00 PM »
I ordered mine 1/1 and was told 3 or 4 weeks ago that I was to be in the next batch.  I think Big Jim quoted me around a 7 month build time.
"Carpe Carp" ... Seize the fish.

Online pdk25

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2011, 07:34:00 PM »
I ordered mine 9 months ago (11/1/2010) with a projected wait time of 6 months, hoping to get lucky and get it before turkey season was over.  I got a call from Big Jim a few days before ATAR, which would have been something before 6/16/11, and was told that I was in the next batch. I haven't heard back since. With the popularity of these bows, you may be looking a little longer than you think.

Offline LookMomNoSights

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2011, 07:43:00 PM »
I talked with Big Jim Saturday at ETAR for a little while.....shot a Thunderchild.....ordered one.....he said 7 to 8 months.  I loved the bow,  so it'll seem like 7 to 8 years I have a feeling!   Man,  nice guy to talk to.....down to earth and just easy to talk to and ask questions.   That alone will make me a repeat customer.   We dont even have to talk about how beautiful those bows are!  Ugh,   7 to 8 months!

Offline Ryman Cat

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2011, 10:35:00 PM »
Jim told me 7 months at Denton. I would like a Thunderchild gloss built for me in the next year. I am having trouble deciding if I want it to match my Buffalo or choose other woods.

My Buffalo is beautiful and shoots well with no noise at all its like a Ghost and it shoots all arrows. Wood,Alum,carbon its a 3 peace tiger myrtel with Ram horns tips and face with buff grip.

Order now will be dead a winter when she's ready just in time.

I shoot woods out of mine.

Offline kibok&ko

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2011, 03:01:00 AM »
I ve no doubts about big jim is a fantastic guy and about the quality of the bow he is making ... unfortunatly for us  i'm not alone to think the same about the JB Bow !

so far i 've some friends waiting since 9 / 10 months now ... France is too far away probably ... Here in the alps area,  general hunting opening time is very close now , only 15 days for wild boars and one month for everything  ... i hope for my friends they will get their bow to go to hunt with before ...

they will probably forgot the waiting time when they will get the "T Child' in their hands !!!"

Crossed fingers !
save a cow eat a vegetarian !

Offline centaur

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2011, 10:49:00 AM »
Yes, the wait time is long, but it is well worth it! You will have a premium bow that seconds as a work of art if you can get through the months of waiting. They shoot as good as they look, and that is fantastic!
If you don't like cops, next time you need help, call Al Sharpton

Offline kibok&ko

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2011, 12:10:00 PM »
Originally posted by centaur:
Yes, the wait time is long, but it is well worth it! You will have a premium bow that seconds as a work of art if you can get through the months of waiting. They shoot as good as they look, and that is fantastic!
of course ; i ordered a Schaffer , i pay it monthly and i know i will wait for it loooong time !

what can be disturbing a bit for my 3 french friends is to prepare mentaly to wait 5 months and to be still waiting after 10 ...

but i'sure to you are right,  when you get it in your hand you forgot every thing !
save a cow eat a vegetarian !

Offline babs

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2011, 12:33:00 AM »
thanks guys for your help
Border tempest hex 7
Border tempest 25 hex 6.5
L.H.A Hayestani Combo 47lbs @28
Bob Lee camo dipped 47lbs @ 29
Bob Lee Heavyweight 50@29
Stewart 3pc Slammer. 45@28
Hoyt GMX & RCX 1000 limbs

Offline BigJim

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2011, 08:06:00 AM »
Yep- I have missed a lot of delivery dates. For that, all I can do is appologise. I have not ever given an "exact" time frame and always an estimate that I truly believed.  Unfortunately, the last 3 years, especially this year have been riddled with ups and downs and quite a few bumps and bruises (the archery buisness however has been spectacular).

I want to assure anybody reading that I spend no less than 80 hours 7 days a week in the bow shop unless I'm gone to archery events. I am not rushing bows out for anyone only to regret the quality.

I want to be proud of every bow I build and want all my customers to feel how much effort I put in to every build. I offer refusal of bows that miss weight by as little as one pound (not too many take me up on a one pound miss, but several have for a two pound miss).

My new response will be 10 months wait on custom bows for those who order from here on out. Maybe this will allow me a little time to hunt without guilt.
For everyone else who is currently on the waiting list, I will continue to build just as always. I hope that you will have patience with me and believe that I'm doing my best. I am catching up some on delivery dates, but it will be a couple of months before I get back on track and start delivering within estimated time.

If you are not happy with me and would like to cancel your order, please contact me via phone or email.
Thanks, bigjim
http://www.bigjimsbowcompany.com/      
I just try to live my life in a way that would have made my father proud.

Offline saumensch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2011, 08:26:00 AM »
Too many companies ruined their products by trying to produce faster and more.

Even though im waiting a few month longer then expected, ill be perfectly happy with it when the bow has the high standards BigJim sets for himself.
    :thumbsup:
And sometimes our dreams they float like anchors in hopeless waters oh way down here
Sometimes it seems that all that matters most are all the things that you can't keep
(William Elliot Whitmore)

Offline REM

• Trad Bowhunter
  • Rick's Traditional Bowstrings
    • Rick's Traditional Bowstrings
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2011, 09:16:00 AM »
Thanks Big Jim for a very nice bow, it was worth the wait.  Big Jim also has outstanding quivers and arm guards.

Offline LONGSTYKES

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2011, 09:25:00 AM »
Ordered mine mid Feb. this year, should be up soon. I know she will be worth the wait.
" The History of the Bow and Arrow is the History of Mankind " Fred Bear

TGMM Family of The Bow
Compton Traditional Bowhunters

Online pdk25

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2011, 12:45:00 PM »
I doubt that many will consider 10 months too long to order such a nice bow.

Offline Mike Manassa

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2011, 02:18:00 PM »
I got on the list in February of this year and am not concerned about the wait time...They are beautiful bows and shoot excellent!!! Mike

Offline Frenchymanny

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2011, 03:42:00 PM »
I am on the list since 2009
I will be delivered in 2012...my third BigJim bow, a Thunder Child.

What really counts is I will receive a bow that pass Big Jim's standards, and that is what is important to me, plus a life time access to the Gentle Giant wealth of archery knowledge

F-Manny
Coureur des Bois
Big Jim: Buffalo Bows 62" 60@27 & 65@27 ThunderChilds 56" 62@27 & 62@27 Desert BigHorn 59@27
ML, Shrew &TC Knives
With a sturdy bow, a true shaft, and a stout heart, we journey forth in
search of adventure.

Dr. Saxton Pope

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©