3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: how to measure for a glove  (Read 188 times)

Offline b44mag

• Trad Bowhunter
how to measure for a glove
« on: August 01, 2011, 02:17:00 PM »
i was wanting to order a kustom king deerskin glove but not sure how to measure for one let me know thanks

Offline McDave

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: how to measure for a glove
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 02:23:00 PM »
Generally I like my shooting gloves to fit a little snug after they're broken in, which means they might feel a little too snug for the first hundred shots or so.  If you feel like you might be in between sizes, I would go with the smaller size.  They will probably let you exchange it for the next size up if it's so tight you don't think it will stretch into shape after you shoot with it for a while.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Technology....the knack of arranging the world so that we don't have to experience it.

Offline wtpops

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 02:33:00 PM »
Like McDave i like mine snug after break in. I order one size to small (medium) then i soke it in warm water then put it on and work in on (strech it out) untill if fits and is mostly dry, it then conforms to my hand and does not strech much after that.

As far as knowing what size for you to order  :dunno:  but most venders here have a good exchange program.
TGMM Family of the Bow
"OVERTHINKING" The art of creating problems that weren't even there!

Offline b44mag

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 03:37:00 PM »
thanks guys heres my measurments
from tip of middle finger to wrist is 8 1/8
wrap around my knuckles is 8 3/4
you guys think large or medium
i hate to return things so want to get the right thing first

Offline McDave

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2011, 03:51:00 PM »
Probably you should call the company that sells them and ask what they think, because different brands of gloves do fit differently.

Other than that, you might want to go to some store that sells general purpose gloves and try some on.  I find that a size medium general purpose glove fits a little tight on my hand, so I would probably buy a large.  I can get the medium on, but it fits a little tight, but that is how I want a new shooting glove to fit, so I would buy a medium in a shooting glove.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Technology....the knack of arranging the world so that we don't have to experience it.

Offline b44mag

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2011, 04:19:00 PM »
well after talking to the nice lady at kk i ordered a large and she said if it dont fit send it back for a medium i told her my measurements and she thought a large but who knows ill find out when it gets here thanks for the replys guys and i hope the large is right like i said i hate to return stuff she said order the same size as a winter glove so i hope its right

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©