3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Woodsman vs Snuffer  (Read 467 times)

Offline Ken Taylor

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Woodsman vs Snuffer
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2011, 07:04:00 PM »
I have killed a pile of stuff with the 160 Snuffers.

I have also killed stuff with the woodsman as well as with the woodsman elite. I will be trying VPAs this fall for moose.

The 160 Snuffer is still my favorite so far for black bears.

They are all very good for different setups for different game.

Unless you are shooting a really lightweight bow and you want the slimmest three blade, it's hard to go wrong with any of those quality broadheads.
May your next adventure lighten your heart, test your spirit, and nourish your soul.

Offline Lynch Mob

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2011, 09:28:00 PM »
I was down at Roger's last year with my wife visting and we went with him on the tour of the property. Showed me one of his spots where he arrowed a huge buck, probably live weight like 260 if memory serves me well. The deer only went about 40 to 50 yards a typical Rothhaar shot, then he told me because of a shoulder injury he was shootting like 42 lbs. I looked at him and said holy cow thats incredible, then I got that typical Rothhaar grin....yea I get it another hits the dirt.

I swear the man is magical.

George
Hang'em Low
Lynch Mob

Offline Rik

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2011, 10:03:00 PM »
Smaller broadheads for smaller bows.

Larger broadheads for larger bows.

It's as simple as that.

Just match your broadhead to your equipment, that's the recipe for success.

Now, about the lethality of strong three-blade broadheads, this was just one of five or so of these I found between where my strong three-blade broadhead struck and where the bull piled up a few seconds later. . .

The weight of my bow or my broadheads doesn't matter---only the results. If you want great results, match your equipment well. After that, the fun begins!

Offline Steve O

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2011, 11:31:00 PM »
 You won't wreck the 160's
Even if you are trying...

I was really tring to see how tough the FMJ shafts were along with my JB Weld, but the first shot split the Judo, then I screwed on the Snuffer and again shot the steel plate at 10 yards from my 55# recurve.  Then I picked that arrow up off the ground and shot it into one of our 20 yard sand pits...perfect flight even with the broadhead mushed up as it was.

I've not had any issues with Woodsmen either, but have not shot any of them into the plate!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©