3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: ->>>>----- 2011 OHIO TRADITIONAL DEER HUNT (The curse continues)--->  (Read 4217 times)

Offline CAT22

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: ->>>>----- 2011 OHIO TRADITIONAL DEER HUNT (The curse continues)--->
« Reply #100 on: August 31, 2011, 12:27:00 AM »
Drummer, I see you are from my neck of the woods. I assume you locals shoot at geauga bowmens. New here and trad, been meaning to get out there to a meeting and join up. Got a nice invite from paolo.  New addition to the family put the brakes on that for now. Went to school in muskingum county, love SE OH. Im gonna make an attempt to make it down there for a day or two and see what you fellas got goin on down there. Sounds fun.
CAT22

Offline Drummer@Home

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #101 on: August 31, 2011, 08:32:00 PM »
Connon, yes I go to Geauga bowmen when I can (not as much as I would like). Come on down and hunt with us if you can. We always have a good time!!     :campfire:
Zen without realization of the body is empty speculation. If I could only stop dropping the BOW!!!!!!

Offline celticknot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #102 on: August 31, 2011, 09:34:00 PM »
Hey drummer get denny's butt down here this year,
Ohio Society of Traditional Archers #830

Tracey "TREE" Trickett 2 Pricly curves 3pc & pricly ash longbow won @ Great Ohio Rabbit Hunt

Offline Drummer@Home

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #103 on: September 01, 2011, 06:49:00 PM »
Yea, well Denny is more of a ghost then I am. I'll try but he is not a fan of growds or hunting on public land (from what i can tell).pure speculation on my part but I think he had experience at some point, ????
Zen without realization of the body is empty speculation. If I could only stop dropping the BOW!!!!!!

Offline bowmofo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #104 on: September 01, 2011, 10:22:00 PM »
We got him to come to the GOS H
KEEP IT SIMPLE!

Offline longstiks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #105 on: September 02, 2011, 04:07:00 AM »
The elusive ghost has a torn rotator cuff and probably won't even be able to hunt this year  :( , and will be working 6 days a week up into Nov. without a chance of escape. Hope you guys all have a great time and best of luck!!! Irish did I read wife in a sentence you wrote??????
Denny

Offline bowmofo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #106 on: September 02, 2011, 09:28:00 PM »
I hoped it would be healed up by now! any progress?
KEEP IT SIMPLE!

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #107 on: September 03, 2011, 09:24:00 AM »
Yeah, Irish got hitched!

Offline longstiks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #108 on: September 04, 2011, 04:55:00 AM »
Yeah, it's improving but not something that just goes away without surgery.
Denny

Offline Drummer@Home

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #109 on: September 04, 2011, 06:28:00 PM »
Denny, I'm sorry to hear it's bothering you still. I knew you hurt it good but I didnt think it would still be keeping you from archery. I may know someone who mite have a crossbow you could borrow this season. I dont wanna hear any crap about it, thats what those things are for! I hate to think of you in the living room and not the woods this fall.

Offline CAT22

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #110 on: September 05, 2011, 12:25:00 PM »
Fellas, I'm gonna come down for a day or two. Looking forward to it! I gotta warn you, tho. I'm new to trad this year. I'm hoping there will be a few daylight hours in camp where I can pick your brains and get some pointers. I do promise, however, not to be the annoying new guy in camp. Ive checked out the maps. The earth map doesn't match up to well with the AEP map on the site. I can't find the camp site on the google earth map and would like to do some scouting. Any big landmarks I could find to get me in the neighborhood?
CAT22

Offline GingivitisKahn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #111 on: September 05, 2011, 01:47:00 PM »
Originally posted by CAT22:
Fellas, I'm gonna come down for a day or two. Looking forward to it! I gotta warn you, tho. I'm new to trad this year. I'm hoping there will be a few daylight hours in camp where I can pick your brains and get some pointers. I do promise, however, not to be the annoying new guy in camp. Ive checked out the maps. The earth map doesn't match up to well with the AEP map on the site. I can't find the camp site on the google earth map and would like to do some scouting. Any big landmarks I could find to get me in the neighborhood?
With Google Maps search for this...

ohio power pond nb-43, oh

I was trying to get you gps coordinates or lat/long but apparently I'm dumber than the internet today.  The camp site is just east of that pond.

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #112 on: September 05, 2011, 04:30:00 PM »
Look at Google maps in the road map version and look for the pond Kahn said. Easier to find that way.

I just typed it straight into google and it came right up.

Offline VTer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #113 on: September 05, 2011, 04:56:00 PM »
Charlie, i thought you were going to try and get deeper into that campground? There's some good spots down there at the end of the pond. i know i'd have a stand there this year if i was going
Schafer Silvertip 66#-"In memory", Green Mountain Longbow 60#, Hill Country Harvest Master TD 59#

"Some of the world's greatest feats were accomplished by people not smart enough to know they were impossible."
    - Doug Lawson.

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #114 on: September 05, 2011, 07:49:00 PM »
I just meant we would go further back at that site for now. We did have a look around and some things might be a little different next year. There are some better camp areas with a huge pavillion to use as well in them. With the new 20,000 acreas they just opened there are deer that haven't even been hunted yet in years. World class bucks and old fat does! I never even hunted AEP before 5 years ago. There are areas I haven't even seen yet. Let's hope there are plenty more years to learn and hunt out there. It is truely an untapped resource. This year should be eventful!

Offline celticknot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #115 on: September 06, 2011, 03:37:00 PM »
Yep denny I got hitched in june.Going pretty well, not that it matters, I'm stuck for life. Lol. Hope your shoulder starts feeling better. I got a motorcycle a few weeks ago so I'll probably be at more geauga bow shoots next summer. My computer crashed so I can only get on from my phone. I hope we get a chance to talk again soon.

Tracey "TREE" Trickett 2 Pricly curves 3pc & pricly ash longbow won @ Great Ohio Rabbit Hunt

Offline bowmofo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #116 on: September 06, 2011, 10:37:00 PM »
Irish what kind of scooter? I bought my three piece bow after I got my bike,     :thumbsup:   LOL
KEEP IT SIMPLE!

Offline celticknot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #117 on: September 07, 2011, 06:42:00 AM »
Its a Suzuki DR650 dual sport. Gonna be using it at the hunt and probably at the squirrel hunt.

Offline buckeye_hunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #118 on: September 07, 2011, 04:49:00 PM »
Irish,

What are you going to sleep in?

Offline celticknot

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #119 on: September 08, 2011, 06:45:00 AM »
May need a place to crash for the squirrel hunt but I'm gonna trailer it down to the deer hunt. I may need a place to crash during the squirrel hunt. Lol

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©