3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Dale Dye Bows  (Read 388 times)

Offline BrownA5

• Trad Bowhunter
Dale Dye Bows
« on: August 03, 2011, 12:26:00 PM »
I was looking to find out more about Dale Dye bows.  Does he have a website?  I have not been able to find one.  From pictures on tradgang they are exceptional?  Can anyone share their thoughts on his bows?  Thanks!

Offline duncan idaho

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Dale Dye Bows
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 01:18:00 PM »
Dale does not have a website, I have a Dye recurve, one piece, 71@29. It was my first custom bow and his bows are works of art, with a grip that cannot be sweeter. His bows are truely the best. I have added about 6 recurves over the years, But, Dale's is still first with me. you will never go wrong with a Dale Dye bow, a true craftsman.

the only downside, i have ever heard, is the wait time. Good Luck
" If wishes were fishes, we would all cast nets".

Offline BrownA5

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2011, 01:30:00 PM »
Bill, thanks for your input.  I do custom wood work and I am very impressed with what I see!  Have a great day and I hope the upcoming season is a successful one for you!

Offline thunder1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2011, 01:52:00 PM »
Dale makes some of the best bows out there. I have had several of them. Here's his # 406-363-2983. Give him a call. David
No man ever stood so tall as when he stooped to help a child

David

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2011, 02:12:00 PM »
Wonderful bows in both looks and performance.  Yes, love those grips.  I have noticed that not too many show up for sale with even more Silvertips making the classifieds lately.

I've had a few and all were great with still one keeper on the rack right now.
Lon Scott

Offline Dirtybird

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2011, 02:23:00 PM »
Yep, David is right very smooth and dead quiet in the hand.  The wait time last I heard was 18 months.  But if you ask me well worth the wait.

Offline BrownA5

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2011, 03:13:00 PM »
Appreciate all the feedback.  I will give him a call this afternoon.  Of particular interest is hid Medicine Man takedown.

Offline LongStick64

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2011, 03:47:00 PM »
Awesome bows. Some people consider Bear bows collectors items. I think in the future Dale's bows will be right up there. They are fantastically (if that's a word) made, Made by one man, and amazing performers. I would put up a Dale Dye up against any Bear. and I mean that with complete reverance for Fred Bear.
Primitive Bowhunting.....the experience of a lifetime

Offline Easykeeper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2011, 04:57:00 PM »
I got lucky and picked up a Dye "Snake Oil" TD of the classifieds and to say it's beautiful and a great shooter is an understatement.  It's one of the few bows I've had that I don't see myself ever selling.  Like someone said before, Mr. Dye will stop making them someday and they are bound to be collector material.  

Worth the wait IMO.

Offline bozara

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2011, 06:00:00 PM »
Medicine Point

Some of my Dye's

Great bows and an even better man...
65# @ 27" Dale Dye one piece recurve
62# @ 27" Dale Dye TD recurve
58# @ 27" Dale Dye Medicine Point RC
65# Montana Bow Works long bow

Offline Dirtybird

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2011, 06:36:00 PM »
Yep I have a couple of medicine point bows and they are good medicine as Dale would say.

Offline Chumster

• BOEUF 2019
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2011, 06:59:00 PM »
I had ordered a Dale Dye and in the mean time was offered a Widow at a price too good to refuse. Knowing the Dye was on order I purchased the Widow anyway. Upon receiving my new Dye and shooting it the widow will set.
Never wait too long!

Offline BrownA5

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2011, 07:15:00 PM »
All of this input has been invaluable!  I have especially enjoyed the pictures.  Absolutely gorgeous bows!!! Thanks everyone... If there are others that want to contribute to this thread keep it coming!!!!

Offline Warden609

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2011, 09:24:00 PM »
I had a great Dye that I sold in a moment of weakness  :dunno: . I wish I had that one back. Great bows!!!

Offline Dave Pagel

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2011, 06:57:00 AM »
I am with Warden609.  I sold a Dale Dye a few years ago and have not been able to find another LH Dye anywhere.  I may have to order another, but I was hoping to avoid the wait.

Dave

Offline Dave Pagel

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2011, 06:58:00 AM »
I am with Warden609.  I sold a Dale Dye a few years ago and have not been able to find another LH Dye anywhere.  I may have to order another, but I was hoping to avoid the wait.

Dave

Offline BrownA5

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2011, 08:32:00 AM »
After all the comments and pictures I may find myself on the phone ordering a Medicine Point by weeks end!

Offline cacciatore

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2011, 02:37:00 PM »
Dave do you remember anything about it? I bought my first one here on the Classified.
Then my second from Dale.They have one of the best grip around and are really accurate and forgiving.Fast enough and quiet.You can't go wrong with them,plus they are some works of art expecially the Medicine points.
1993 PBS Regular
Compton
CBA
CSTAS

Offline BrownA5

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2011, 08:28:00 AM »
Thanks Feliciano.  This thread has actually been a great one.  One of our fellow Tradgangers called me and is thinking about selling his Medicine Point so hopefully a deal will come together!

Offline RLA

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2011, 02:30:00 AM »
My Wife shoots her Dye Medicine point, great shootin bows, & not hard to look at either!

60" bow, 30" arrow, she pulls over 29" I'm jealous of that, with my whoppin 28"?

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©