3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Carbon Arrow Help  (Read 123 times)

Offline neuse

• Trad Bowhunter
Carbon Arrow Help
« on: August 03, 2011, 05:59:00 PM »
I am shooting a Cascade Whitetail Hunter, 52" 53lbs. at 28". I draw about 27 1/2 to 28.

A guy gave me some PSE Carbon Force Dominator 100, with uninocks. They fly great but only weigh 355. Cut to 28"

I want to go to about 480grns with an index knock.

Any ideas?

Also I usually shoot wood at 28" and 11 to 12 grns. per pound with this bow.

Offline sweet old bill

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Carbon Arrow Help
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 06:10:00 PM »
I use the bemen 500 shaft and I am drawing 50 lb at 29 inch and my actual draw is 29 inch. I also wanted to add point weight, but am cheap and did not want to pay $12 for brass inserts.  I got from a buddy 25 .243 85 grain copper bullets. I took the old point / insert out of the shaft, I then put the .243 in , but glued it with 24 hour epoxy. I then put the normal point insert in with the 125 gr point. I then pulleed the nock and put down a .22 cleaning rod to make sure the .243 copper point was seated on the normal point insert. I let them dry or cure for 48 hours and have been using, seem to work great. Adds to FOC and increase my overall arrow weight by 85 grains. I fletched the arrows with 3 5.5 bananna feathers ( 2 pink and 1 blue )
you should see how I use to shoot
Sand dune archers Myrtle beach SC
Senior archers of Oneonta NY

Offline neuse

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2011, 09:18:00 PM »
The PSE currently has 145 point, I did not know about adding point weight as that would change the spine.

Offline BlkDog

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2011, 11:23:00 PM »
I believe you may have to look at weight tubes or similar to add weight without changing the spine.  Somewhere I read about an alternative was using weed wacker line to add weight.  I have never tried it, but may be worth a shot.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©