3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Brother's of the Bow  (Read 237 times)

Offline Coonbait

• Trad Bowhunter
Brother's of the Bow
« on: August 03, 2011, 09:14:00 PM »
I finally got to meet Barry Wensel and Mike Mitten at Denton Hill last weekend. Man was I excited! Very nice guys that didn't make you feel like you were bothering them by asking questions. Heck I bought another one of their flashlights, batteries, a real cool hat( that they BOTH sighed ), and their new DVD. Barry even threw in their new flashlight holder! I wish I could have talked to them both a little longer but we were interuped by a guy complaining about our current President. One of the best parts of my trip!
Glenn

Offline babs

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Brother's of the Bow
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 02:25:00 AM »
I also met the two of them I got a hat autographed and a dvd signed by them both, really down to earth and very pleasant to talk to cant wait for next year already
Border tempest hex 7
Border tempest 25 hex 6.5
L.H.A Hayestani Combo 47lbs @28
Bob Lee camo dipped 47lbs @ 29
Bob Lee Heavyweight 50@29
Stewart 3pc Slammer. 45@28
Hoyt GMX & RCX 1000 limbs

Online tippit

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2011, 06:32:00 AM »
Got to talk and mostly listen to Barry quite a bid as I had the pleasure of him riding shotgun from Boston to Denton and back.  Never tire of his stories...Doc
TGMM Family of the Bow
VP of Consumption MK,LLC

Offline JParanee

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 08:27:00 AM »
I got to speak to both also and theY are great guys
Morrison & Titan ILF & BF Extreme Limbs
Silvertip 1 Piece 57#-Silvertip 57#-Black Widow Ma II 61#&69#-Fedora 560 69#- 560 57#-560 60#-560 55#-Brakenbury Shadow 60#-Hoyt Buffalo 55#- Bob Lee 58#- fishing bows PSE's

Offline straitera

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2011, 09:09:00 AM »
Reading Mike's great book now. Should be required reading IMO. Ever heard bad about the Wensels? Me either. They're tops. Ever heard bad about the Pres? Wups! 2 out of 3 ain't bad!
Buddy Bell

Trad is 60% mental & about 40% mental.

Offline ksbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2011, 09:35:00 AM »
LOL X2 Buddy
I would've taken better care of myself,if I'd known I was gonna live this long!

Offline d. ward

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2011, 09:44:00 AM »
wow Doc I would think riding anywhere with Uncle Barry for very long would be like a nightmare rather then a dream... OK I was just kidding UB is one of the best of the best he's the real deal bd

Offline Brad Robins

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2011, 10:48:00 AM »
Met Mike Mitten when he was our guest speaker at the Traditional Archers of Oregon banquet last January.

Very impressive man.  He "gets it" when it comes to archery and life.

"Never take a sunset for granted"

Amen, Mike.

Brad
TEAM HEBO

Offline PA Bones

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2011, 11:44:00 AM »
I also visited with both Mike and Barry on Saturday.  I purchased Barry's new book and have read a few chapters so far and it is Great!  Mike's book "One Man's Wilderness" is one of my all-time favorites.  They represent everything that I love about traditional bowhunting.

Offline Herdbull

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2011, 02:11:00 PM »
Thank you all for the kind words and for coming by our booth at Denton. We just got invited along with Bryce Lambley to give seminars and have a meet and greet at the NEW Scheels store in Springfield, Illinois, Saturday Sept 10th. I will be talking about my solo hunting experiences, while Gene and Bryce will talk about whitetails. This will be a first for us in a while, as we try to spread our message beyond the ears of traditional bowhunters. I hope some of you will stop by to say hi. Thanks again, Mike

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2011, 03:37:00 PM »
Every time I see the "twins" and Mike it's a pleasure, all three are good ambassadors for our pastime. They all are great speakers and put on a great seminar......don't miss one if you get a chance!   :thumbsup:
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline michaelschwister

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2011, 04:10:00 PM »
Wish they carried more stuff, I have already have at least one of everything they have for sale........
"The best thing to give to your enemy is forgiveness; to a friend, your heart; to your child, a good example; to a father, deference; to your mother, conduct that will make her proud of you; to yourself, respect" - Benjamin Franklin

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2011, 04:19:00 PM »
Well, I remember back when the Ramblin' Rednecks had a column in the PBS magazine and it was decided that the mag didn't "need" their column anymore. That's the only time I've heard of less than stellar reports about the twins. By the way, that's when I dropped my membership to the PBS! Good products, excellent representatives+Brothers of the Bow!   :thumbsup:
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©