3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: help ?????  (Read 298 times)

Offline b44mag

• Trad Bowhunter
help ?????
« on: August 04, 2011, 12:57:00 PM »
well my new kk deerskin glove came in today large fits good. very nice glove glad i orderd it. i went out to shoot and im torking the arrow off the shelf @28 i pull to 29+ help me figure out why and how to fix it. put my bearhair tab back on no tork help me.   :banghead:  im sure it has to do with my wrist i think   :dunno:  im right handed  and this is my first glove

Offline PaddyMac

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: help ?????
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 01:08:00 PM »
Does your tab have a finger spacer?

When I went from tab to glove I had to deliberately keep my top finger off the nock, basically holding my fingers apart against the string angle and focusing on relaxing my hand and keeping my pinky off my thumb. It caused some problems for a couple of days but now I don't even think about it.
Pat McGann

Southwest Archery Scorpion longbow, 35#
Fleetwood Frontier longbow, 40#
Southwest Archery Scorpion, 45#
Bob Lee Exotic Stickbow, 51#
Bob Lee Signature T/D recurve, 47#
Bob Lee Signature T/D recurve, 55#
Howatt Palomar recurve (69"), 40#

"If you leave archery for one day, it will leave you for 10 days."  --Turkish proverb

Offline b44mag

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2011, 01:37:00 PM »
yes my tab does have spacer i understand now why. im pinching the nock great answer.
ill try it tomorrow my arm is tired and just put it all away for the day
thanks paddy

Offline b44mag

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2011, 02:13:00 PM »
well late last night around 2 i went to buddys he has back yard light.   :thumbsup:  so i tried to fix the problem and it was hard for me to split the fingers to not pinch the nock. im shooting a 60 in. 52# northwind gem longbow with revers handle i pull to 29 and was thinking if i try 3 under not sure if it will help or hurt. im very discouraged right now but going to keep at it. i like the kk deerskin glove but not sure if its the way to go for me
when i did keep my fingure off the nock she shot good n quiet. i put weight tubes in the gt xp hunters and they are 695grains w/125 heads and hit hard. im thinking 3 under with the glove hope it works out. at this point anythings worth a shot

Offline FerretWYO

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2011, 03:41:00 PM »
A lot of times when someone is getting that kind of torque on the arrow or string it can be attributed to alignment. make sure your elbow is down and straing on both the horizontial and vertical axis.
TGMM Family of The Bow

Offline no

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2011, 06:43:00 PM »
Hey 44, glad to hear you are still shooting the Gem you got from me. I shot it with a glove 3 under & tab with no problems.  Give it a try. Mike
Big Mike

Offline wtpops

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2011, 07:00:00 PM »
Get the string in the first groves of your fingers then get the fingers curled back to you then as you pull the string make sure your wrist and fore arm are relaxed. as you pull your fingers will unfold a bit and creat a small bit of tork into the riser. If using a glove and all is done right you should be able to draw with a reverse cant with no prolbem with the arrow comming off the string. This sounds like you will be griping the string and purposely twisting it into the riser but it is a suttle action.
TGMM Family of the Bow
"OVERTHINKING" The art of creating problems that weren't even there!

Offline Fish Finder

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2011, 07:07:00 PM »
Elbow may be too high as well...get your right elbow down and it should help some. I do it on my heavy bow because I am overbowed with it.

Offline straitera

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2011, 08:29:00 PM »
If you figure it out let me know. Do the same in reverse. Couldn't shoot tab for money. Feels like super glue on my fingers.
Buddy Bell

Trad is 60% mental & about 40% mental.

Offline Dave Worden

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2011, 03:04:00 PM »
Be sure that you aren't curling your fingers as you draw.  You should hold your fingers parallel to the belly of the bow as you draw.  If you curl (close) your fingers as you draw, you're twisting the string (even if you don't pinch the nock) and the twisting string will pull your arrow off the rest.  Sure a lot of stuff to think about for such a simple sport!!
"If I was afraid of a challenge, I'd put sights on my bow!"

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2011, 08:55:00 PM »
Gloves and tabs feel different. I shot a glove for over 50 years until one day I went to visit a friend. I forgot my glove, had to borrow a tab, and it was just a simple cordovan one, and that's all I've ever shot since then. You will probably find that a tab gives a better release which is, IMO, why the glove is giving you problems.
The best things in life....aren't things!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©