3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: I lost my bow at Denton Hill  (Read 656 times)

Offline adkmountainken

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: I lost my bow at Denton Hill
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2011, 07:29:00 PM »
safe to say Ron went home with a LOT less then he showed up with!
I go by many names but Daddy is my favorite!
listen to everyone,FOLLOW NO ONE!!
if your lucky enough to spend time in the mountains...then your lucky enough!
What ever befalls the Earth befalls the sons of the Earth.

Offline Plumber

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2011, 08:31:00 PM »
I would of had some new paintings on my wall at home!!!! I would say MR Paluh got the better end of that deal if all he had to do is give up a few bucks.

Offline Whip

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2011, 10:30:00 PM »
I met Jack for the first time on Saturday as well.  He's a smooth talker, that's for sure.   :p    Very fine man to talk with.  I'm just glad I'm a righty and didn't get talked out of my bow!  :biglaugh:
PBS Regular Member
WTA Life Member
In the end, it is not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years. Abraham Lincoln.

Offline Jwilliam

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2011, 11:29:00 PM »
Ron,
You really are a true gentleman !!!  :thumbsup:  I knew I should have bothered Ron   :banghead:  Sounds like there were some great deals in the back of his truck  :biglaugh:  Maybe at Kalamazoo???

Bill

Offline pdk25

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2011, 11:41:00 PM »
Hey lefties, he still has that new shrewhill. I betcha someone could talk him out of it. Just don't do iy before I get my safari. He might decide to keep it.

Offline jsweka

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2011, 11:43:00 PM »
Maybe we'll see a Shrew in some future bowhunting painting by Jack.

He's a great artist and his work is the only artwork I've actually purchased on my own.  I have "Wapiti Falls" haning on the wall in my livingroom right underneath a PA longrifle my father built quite a few years ago.
>>>---->TGMM<----<<<<

Offline Hud

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • 360-921-5779
« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2011, 12:37:00 AM »
Your just a easy touch, softy with a big heart. Another good story.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline GRINCH

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2011, 12:43:00 AM »
:thumbsup:    :thumbsup:
TGMM Family of The Bow,
USN 1973-1995

Offline amar911

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2011, 01:03:00 AM »
Originally posted by Ron LaClair:
Allan, I'm sorry..It's not going to be a true big game Safari bow because it isn't going to be in a heavy weight and it'll have the carbon/foam core instead of the bamboo. Maybe we should call it the "SG Safari" (small game) or something that will distinguish it from the true Safari bow like your's and Dougs...  
I like that name -- "SG Safari". And I want one, including the carbon/foam cores.    :readit:

Allan
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline amar911

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2011, 01:05:00 AM »
Originally posted by Ron LaClair:
Allan, I'm sorry..It's not going to be a true big game Safari bow because it isn't going to be in a heavy weight and it'll have the carbon/foam core instead of the bamboo. Maybe we should call it the "SG Safari" (small game) or something that will distinguish it from the true Safari bow like your's and Dougs...  
I like that name -- "SG Safari". And I want one, including the carbon/foam cores.    :readit:

Allan
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2011, 08:52:00 AM »
OK OK Allan, I heard you....   :biglaugh:
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Offline 2fletch

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: August 05, 2011, 08:57:00 AM »
Ron, I don't know what to say. First, I didn't know that you were there at Denton Hill and now I learn that you got rid of a Classic Hunter there. Irregardless of the fact that it was lefthanded (I can change.)I would love to have spoke with you and handled the bow.

One of the guys from Tradgang came by to show me his Classic Hunter. It felt really great in hand but I was afraid to shoot it. The fear was knowing that I would have to wait in line for a long time to get one.

Sorry that I missed you Ron. We were in the middle tent. I believe that I saw you at least once from a distance and saw the resemblance but decided it couldn't be you. Maybe next time.

:banghead:       :archer2:

Online Mint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2011, 09:16:00 AM »
It is nice to make someone happy isn't it?

Back in 1994 I believe at the Warriors Mark Shoot you sold me the Paluh print "Whitetail Ambush" for $125 and i promptly got it framed by Jacks brother. Now that it is out of print I've had offers to sell for over $1,000 bucks so you did me a good deed too.
The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.

Samuel Adams

NYB Life Member
NRA Life Member

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2011, 09:28:00 AM »
Jeff, I think that was at Denton Hill. Did I have my big red trailer?

Don, I didn't realize that you were there or I would have looked you up. It's a big place and there were a lot of people there. You probably didn't recognize me because you were looking for a younger guy like in the videos..   :biglaugh:
We live in the present, we dream of the future, but we learn eternal truths from the past
When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.
Life is like a wet sponge, you gotta squeeze it until you get every drop it has to offer

Online Mint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: August 05, 2011, 10:45:00 AM »
It could have been Denton, don't remeber what color the trailer was.
The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.

Samuel Adams

NYB Life Member
NRA Life Member

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: August 05, 2011, 10:54:00 AM »
So, Ron....

Where are YOU on that waiting list, huh?

:saywhat:    :bigsmyl:
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline Friend

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: August 05, 2011, 11:00:00 AM »
Hope your not a year long waiting list.
>>----> Friend <----<<

My Lands… Are Where My Dead Lie Buried.......Crazy Horse

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: August 05, 2011, 12:39:00 PM »
 Where are YOU on that waiting list, huh?  
:readit:    :o ....   :rolleyes: ....   :dunno:  

;)

Online David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: August 05, 2011, 01:47:00 PM »
Ron, since you have an "in" with the bowyer, why not just sell me that ShrewHill you have and get another made ASAP? It's my weight and I'm a lefty! I'll cry and whine too if that would help--I have no pride when it comes to such things.  :D
The years accumulate on old friendships like tree rings, during which time a kind of unspoken care and loyalty accrue between men.

Offline Ron LaClair

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: August 05, 2011, 02:01:00 PM »
David, check your email.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©