3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Show your Man Purse or Haversack!  (Read 1750 times)

Offline horatio1226

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Show your Man Purse or Haversack!
« Reply #80 on: September 13, 2011, 09:01:00 PM »
Here is my man purse. Braintan deer and bear fur belt bag. Blue ticking on the inside. Abalone shell and antler button. Glass and brass crow beads. Made by good buddy Chuck Rush.

"So long as the moon returns to the heavens in a bent, beautiful arc, so long will the fascination with archery in man lasts."

Offline Zbone

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #81 on: September 13, 2011, 09:14:00 PM »
You guys have some cool looking bags there...Thanx for sharing.

Offline sweeney3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #82 on: September 14, 2011, 08:10:00 AM »
I like RC's.  One bandoleer has his trad stuff in it, the other still has the Claymore in case someone sneaks up on him in the night.   ;)
Silence is golden.

Offline Pon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #83 on: January 09, 2012, 02:17:00 PM »
I just got this one and I had to share!

Coyote Fur and the snake skin is "alicante" as we call it here in Mx, I belive the sc name is "Pituophis deppei deppei" but not sure

By  pon82  at 2012-01-10
Treadway Black Forest 54" 53#@28

Online David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #84 on: January 09, 2012, 03:34:00 PM »
Here is my Bison Gear Haversack. The color of the interior makes it lots easier to see inside in low light to find what I need.

The years accumulate on old friendships like tree rings, during which time a kind of unspoken care and loyalty accrue between men.

Offline JJB

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #85 on: January 09, 2012, 10:09:00 PM »
Here's mine, I just got it this weekend.  My mom made it for me with a quiver that was my Grandpa's (her Dad).  It's pretty special to me, can't wait to get it out in the woods.
-Jay

Offline vwhilux

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #86 on: January 10, 2012, 09:50:00 AM »
This is a great idea for carrying gear with back quiver. Thanks guys.

Offline Nala

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #87 on: January 10, 2012, 10:43:00 AM »
The reason I have been wanting one is to carry water.  I don't want to carry one of those bladders on my back in addition to a shoulder bag.

Do you all carry water in your bags?  Have you came up with a way to carry plenty of water and be able to get to it easily?

I also don't know if I want to mount the quiver on my bag or on my bow.  I have never had a quiver on my bow, but these new strap on quivers look pretty darn light and seem to work really well.

I have been looking at a shoulder side pack from Maxpedition.  Really nice stuff, but kinda expensive.  Other varieties on ****, but not as good quality wise.

Keep 'em coming everyone.  Nice stuff.

Nalajr

Offline ronp

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #88 on: January 10, 2012, 11:08:00 AM »
I have been using a small LL Bean shoulder bag for day hunts.  Carry everthing I need and more.  Nala, I just carry a small 16oz plastic bottle of water with me when I hunt up on the mountain.  Not quite enough because I am sure thirsty, though, when I get back to the truck.  I have one of those Maxpedition Versipacks.  They are awesome and looks like it will last forever.  The only draw back is that they are a little loud when new. Fine after they are broken in, though.
Ron Purdy

TGMM Family of the Bow
MTB
NRA

Offline fishntrap

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #89 on: January 10, 2012, 11:17:00 AM »
Was wondering what model bison gear packs those are.

Offline Bishop

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #90 on: January 10, 2012, 12:00:00 PM »
Originally posted by David Mitchell:
Here is my Bison Gear Haversack. The color of the interior makes it lots easier to see inside in low light to find what I need.

Dave,
What material is that one?

Offline Nala

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #91 on: January 10, 2012, 03:46:00 PM »
Hey,

I don't think I could make it on one 16oz bottle of water especially in the TEXAS heat.  Even when it's cool I have to be drinking all the time because of a chronic dry mouth problem.

I think one of the Maxpedition Versipacks is probably going to be my only solution.

Nalajr

Offline DeCurry

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #92 on: January 10, 2012, 03:56:00 PM »
Originally posted by Nala:
The reason I have been wanting one is to carry water.  I don't want to carry one of those bladders on my back in addition to a shoulder bag.

Do you all carry water in your bags?  Have you came up with a way to carry plenty of water and be able to get to it easily?

I got really, really tired of toting around 'water bottles' that crinkle and make lots of noise, take up too much space and are in general just a nuisance.  But then water is also an essential item as far as I'm concerned (I usually hunt all day), so I did some experimenting to find something that would work for me.

I use one of the Asbell haversacks and what I do is carry a Camelbak 32 oz. bladder in one of the two large pockets.  I'm able to reach in, pull out the hose, drink and put the hose back in the bag; I have no need to remove the water bladder from the bag.  I've considered finding a way to jury rig the hose to the strap so it is even more readily available but so far the need hasn't outweighed my laziness.

Alternatively, I also have a Platypus Platy PlusBottle (say that 3x real fast) that is 1 Liter in size.  This is basically a collapsable plastic bottle with a sport cap on the end.  Works really well.  The idea here is that you're only taking up as much space as needed -- you're not toting around a big hard plastic Nalgene bottle or what have you that is always taking up a lot of space whether empty or full.  When empty, the Platypus bottle can literally be folded up and stuffed in your pocket, it's small.  It's also malleable when full, similar to a water bladder.  The only downside is that you have to take it out of the bag to drink from it.
"I was raised on wolves milk, though it seems I sleep like a lamb."

Offline GingivitisKahn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #93 on: January 10, 2012, 07:34:00 PM »
Mine isn't as pretty as the ones you guys have but here it is in all its glory...

It's some sort of military(ish) surplus thing.  Bout time for a new one as this one is about worn out.

Online David Mitchell

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #94 on: January 10, 2012, 08:31:00 PM »
Marc, it's wool.
The years accumulate on old friendships like tree rings, during which time a kind of unspoken care and loyalty accrue between men.

Offline TSchirm

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #95 on: January 10, 2012, 08:33:00 PM »
I agree with some of the earlier posts, can anyone post an image of the inside of one of Teresa Asbells haversacks??  I am interested but have to save up my pennies for awhile.  I have been wondering how the inside is set up.  Can someone help us curious ones out??
Tom - Fish Carver

Offline Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #96 on: January 12, 2012, 03:53:00 PM »
Thomas,
 Since I started this thread and also wanted to know what the inside of Teressa'a Haversacks looked like and how many compartments you would think I would of posted pics of mine by now...Our main computer tower won't power up and a computer geek said it's "barn yard did"I meant dead...I knew how to post pic's on that one but not this craptop...I'll see what boss lady know's and if she can post pics on this lap top thing ma crappy then I'll show you mines....I   :help:

Offline TSchirm

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #97 on: January 12, 2012, 04:03:00 PM »
Thanks, and good luck with the computer.
Tom - Fish Carver

Offline njloco

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #98 on: January 12, 2012, 04:22:00 PM »
I used this one this season, and it worked very well, I just have to get the shoulder straps for it so I could attach my light weight stand and climbing sticks.

I don't understand why it keeps copying it at full size, it was never downloaded at full size, but this happens every time I try and post more than one picture ? I just went and deleted the picture totally and then resent it again at the reduced size and it still copies it at full size ??????, oh well had to delete it.
( I hate when this happens )

• Leon Stewart 3pc. 64" R/D 51# @ 27"
  • Gordy Morey 2pc. 68" R/D 55# @ 28"
  • Hoyt Pro Medalist, 70" 42# @ 28" (1963)
  • Bear Tamerlane 66" 30# @ 28" (1966)- for my better half
  • Bear Kodiak 60" 47# @ 28"(1965)

Offline Pon

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #99 on: January 18, 2012, 10:11:00 AM »
Alternatively, I also have a Platypus Platy PlusBottle (say that 3x real fast) that is 1 Liter in size.  This is basically a collapsable plastic bottle with a sport cap on the end.  Works really well.  The idea here is that you're only taking up as much space as needed -- you're not toting around a big hard plastic Nalgene bottle or what have you that is always taking up a lot of space whether empty or full.  When empty, the Platypus bottle can literally be folded up and stuffed in your pocket, it's small.  It's also malleable when full, similar to a water bladder.  The only downside is that you have to take it out of the bag to drink from it. [/QB]
I just saw one of those platypus bottles and now I have an idea for a new project, I'm thinking on making some kind of bag in suede or somekind of flexible leather to exactly fit the platypus botle with a carry strap to wear on the opposite shoulder the possible bag is, and drink from it, kind a like the "bota" the spanish people use to drink wine

Treadway Black Forest 54" 53#@28

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©