3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Whos going elk hunting?  (Read 1963 times)

Offline Keith Zimmerman

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Whos going elk hunting?
« Reply #60 on: August 19, 2011, 11:15:00 AM »
Unit 49 is a great unit.  You should get something.  

I cancelled my vacation because I didn't think the guys could go I was planning with.  Things changed but my vacation spot was taken by another employee.  So no trip to CO this year for ELK.

Good Luck to everybody!!

Offline Autumnarcher

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: August 19, 2011, 11:20:00 AM »
IM CLIMBING THE WALLS!!!!! I leave for CO monday at 0600. I love the drive out there, hate the drive home. 33 days in the backcountry with my son. T....i....c....k     t....o.....c.....k . I think my clock has slowed to a crawl...........
...stood alone on a montaintop, starin out at a great divide, I could go east, I could go West, it was all up to me to decide, just then I saw a young hawk flyin and my soul began to rise......

Offline Steve Chappell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: August 19, 2011, 12:31:00 PM »
Headed to CO Elk hunting with two other MI Trad Gangers and one guy that stays away from computers. We leave MI on 9/8, pack in on 9/10 and out 9/18. We'll buy our food and supplies in CO or WY on the 9/11. We are hunting public land in unit 6 where it is foot and hoof traffic only. Hopefully the weather is not ungodly hot this year. I am packed and ready to go!
AKA - Huntfun
Professional Bowhunters Society-Regular Member
Compton Life member
Michigan Longbow Association
Michigan Traditional Bowhunters
Backcountry Hunters & Anglers

Online TIM B

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: August 19, 2011, 01:18:00 PM »
Gettin close now!!!  Final packin this weekend and headin west Tuesday!

Offline ssoden

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: August 19, 2011, 01:22:00 PM »
Yep ..to Co the last 10 days of the season. Little over 3 weeks away ... seem like forever!

Offline scedvm

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: August 19, 2011, 01:45:00 PM »
Drew the Gila again this year.  Hunt starts 9/19 so I have to be patient for a while yet.

Offline Michael Pfander

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: August 19, 2011, 02:24:00 PM »
I'll be on Elk creek the last week of the CO season.  Two days walk into the wilderness.  As we all know its how we define ourselves.  60# 21st century Beeman mfx's Abower's up front 726 gr.

MAP
Map
PBS
BHA
P&Y

Offline bigbowsh

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: August 20, 2011, 10:45:00 AM »
Packing now, leaave the 24 for Grand Junction CO. to My brothers house ,pack in on friday.Huntihg with 51# @ 30 inch Centaur. I draw 30 Plus Inches,Beeman arrows with 100 gr.brass insert and Simmons Interseptors about 590gr.
                     Harry

Offline bowgy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: August 20, 2011, 10:53:00 AM »
S.E. Idaho Sept. 4-14 can't wait!

Offline Pat B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: August 20, 2011, 11:17:00 AM »
I got my plane ticket a few weeks ago, my cow tag last week, shipped out my fully loaded pack yesterday and my bows and arrows this morning. Will be boarding a plane at the Asheville Airport at 5:30am on Sept 2 and arrive in Durango just before noon then driving 2 hours to the trail head and hiking 3 to 4 miles down to our camp at about 9500' along Salt Creek in the San Juan Mountains.
  Best of luck to everyone...aim small, miss small!!!
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: August 20, 2011, 07:28:00 PM »
Packing as we speak, making lists, checking lists, thinking about this and that. Getting the truck serviced on Monday......man it's coming fast. I know I'll forget something.......lol!   :banghead:
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Downwind Lefty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: August 31, 2011, 05:05:00 PM »
Got the RV and trailer packed. Heading to Colorado on Saturday, spending next week at my brothers house in Evergreen (had a bull and 5 cows under his deck this am...), then meeting my buddies and traveling to the trail head on next Friday.

I'll be using a 54# RER LX, Sitka Spruce arrows tipped with STOS broadheads. Pick a spot, pick a spot, pick a spot.....

What a LONG week of work it's been already!

Good luck to all and be safe.

Offline rxhntr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: August 31, 2011, 06:17:00 PM »
We leave sept 12th for eastern oregon. shooting legends bow 57lbs w/ trad-lite arrows @ 525 grains tipped with silver flame 100's. cant wait--this year is the year!!!!  Gotta love that addiction!

Offline Shedrock

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: August 31, 2011, 07:31:00 PM »
I'm trying to get out the door right now. Need to get camp set by dark. I'll be gone for the next 25 days trying to fill 2 elk tags, and 2 deer tags.

I wish all you elk hunters the best.
Member of;
Comptons
Pope and Young
PBS
Colorado Traditional Archers Society
and Life member of Bowhunters Of Wyoming

Offline kpete

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: August 31, 2011, 08:16:00 PM »
Will be leaving on the 5th for nine days in the woods.  Bamboo backed osage of my own making will be a first for me.  Good freinds, charred food, and quiet woods.  
Be safe.
The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God stands forever-Isaiah 40:8

Offline Warberg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: September 01, 2011, 12:44:00 AM »
Sure is a lot of fine bows making it to the woods this year for elk. Leavin sept 2 to ?? When I get back. Takin a Whiffen Comet, and Bowdoc Proto#2 take down. 54@28/60". StCharles cedar shafts and bear razorheads for all. Hunt Hard and safe, Best wishes

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©