3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Stiktamers  (Read 468 times)

Offline Coonbait

• Trad Bowhunter
Stiktamers
« on: August 08, 2011, 10:07:00 PM »
I recently bought the Stiktamer and Flatliner combo set to help quiet my Pittsley Predator recurve. Man am I disappointed in the effectiveness of the products! I was using rubber cats wiskers and Bow Hush string wraps prior to the change over. They were doing a fairly good job at keeping the bow quiet, but this product looked promising. Now with them installed I get this rubber band type twang on release. I even rewrapped the string hoping that it would help! Nope still got a boinnnng. Don't know why I try these darn NEW products when the old ones work fine? Anybody else have this problem.
Glenn

Offline sam barrett

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Stiktamers
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2011, 11:24:00 AM »
I'll be curious to hear more about these.  I was thinking about getting a set for my recurve.  Hopefully you'll get it figured out and they'll work better?  Take care, Sam

Offline Coonbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2011, 08:57:00 PM »
Well I got to do a little bit of experimenting today with my new silencers. I finally removed the string Flatliners and left the Stiktamers on the limbs. Man what a 180 turn around! My bow is really quiet now without any string silencers. Arrow speed seemed to improve also. I think I'll keep it this way for a couple of weeks and see if things change any.
Glenn

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2011, 09:10:00 PM »
Coon....email me your address and I'll send ya a new set of BowHush and 2 sets of Hush Puppies...enough to do 2 strings....no charge.

Lets get ya back to where ya were...or even better.

T
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Coonbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2011, 09:44:00 PM »
Terry that's a really great offer and I really appreciate it! But I couldn't take something off of those beautiful little girls of yours. I'll give you my address but I want to pay for a great product. I shouldn't have strayed in the first place!
Thanks Again!
Glenn

Offline tbhuntr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2011, 10:06:00 AM »
Sounds like a little competition has you guys scared. Why don't we trash every string silencer but the hush puppies. Then the owner of the hush puppies can step in and save the day. My hero. Hey doesn't the hush puppie guy run the Trad Gang also?

Offline mrjsl

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2011, 10:24:00 AM »
I ordered a set of stiktamers in the hopes they will work as brush buttons. I have a lot of aggravation with brush buttons, but need something to keep brush from getting caught up in my string. I hunt in thick stuff.

The hush puppies just flat out work.

Online 4dogs

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2011, 10:26:00 AM »
Tbhunter,Are you always so quick to ctitisize a guy for offering to do a favor for somebody. Geez, I dont care for your tone much. Have you tried the hush and puppies? They work very well.
>>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Offline Gator1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2011, 01:35:00 PM »
Tbhunter

:nono:      :nono:      :nono:  

7 posts and your making statements that are not cool at all.

Offline adeeden

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2011, 01:49:00 PM »
Most of those 7 post involves the stiktamers as well..

I have not tried them myself, since using hush puppies and bow hush there has been no need to look further!
"I would rather be lucky then good, any day!"

Offline bryan r

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2011, 02:01:00 PM »
Tbhunter, feel free to head back to ArcheryT*** if you want to make comments like that. This isn't the place for it.

I'm not a BowHush user personally (never could get mine to stay in the string... Opperator error, me thinks) but good on ya Terry for helpin Glenn. Heck of a good group we've got here.

B.

Offline tbhuntr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2011, 02:03:00 PM »
Sorry Guys. Been one of those days. Nothin personal Terry.

Offline mscampbell75

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2011, 02:25:00 PM »
Originally posted by Terry Green:
Coon....email me your address and I'll send ya a new set of BowHush and 2 sets of Hush Puppies...enough to do 2 strings....no charge.

Lets get ya back to where ya were...or even better.

T
:notworthy:
Psalm 86:11   Teach me thy way, O LORD; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name.

Black Creek Banshee T/D  49#@28
Iron Mountain R/D Longbow  53#@28
70's Bear Kodiak Hunter 45#@28

Offline TRADSTYK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2011, 05:25:00 PM »
The STIKTAMER combo worked very well on my kodiak mag. You do have to find the sweet spot for the flatliners. I will shoot nothing else on my curves.

Offline Gator1

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2011, 05:30:00 PM »
tbhunter    :thumbsup:

Offline Coonbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2011, 08:02:00 PM »
I didn't start this post to get anybody worked up over bow silencers. And I didn't ask anybody to help. Terry generously offered some assistance with some noise problems that I said I had. I also mentioned that after I removed the string attached silencer that my BAD noise problem went away,and that the limb silencer seemed to be a big help. Maybe the 8 strand string that I shoot caused the string silencer not to hold tightly enough to absorb the vibration. Don't know? TRADSTYK believe me I moved the Flatliners up and down that string like a darn yo-yo. Tradgang is a first rate sight we sure don't need to be ruffling feathers of the folks that put themselves out for it!
Glenn

Offline mrjsl

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2011, 09:08:00 PM »
Coonbait, do you think the stiktamer will function well as a brush button? That's what I had in mind.

Offline Coonbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2011, 09:32:00 PM »
I think it will work perfectly as a brush guard! They are almost weightless, and smaller than they look in the advertisemnt. Also I think they will work better hanging your bow than letting a hanger go up between your string and the limb.
Glenn

Offline sunshine

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2011, 07:12:00 AM »
i have added the stiktamers to my bow. but i added them to what i already had. (catwhiskers). i did not try to replace anything that was already working well. just wanted to dampen the noise a little more. i think they work good as an addition. i wouldn't rely on just them for all the dampening.
Life is short.....eat dessert first!!!

Offline TRADSTYK

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2011, 11:13:00 AM »
Any post from TRADSTYK is simply trying to help out any of my bowhunting brothers. Coonbait, I am glad your bow is shooting well.  Good Hunting.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©