3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Man purse vs. testosterone  (Read 882 times)

Offline Lamey

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Man purse vs. testosterone
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2011, 01:26:00 PM »
reminds me from the scene in the movie "The Hangover".....  "its not a purse,   its a satchel,  Indiana Jones wore one"

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2011, 01:55:00 PM »
IT'S CALLED A POSSIBLES BAG!

lol
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Offline Sharpster

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2011, 02:00:00 PM »
It's not a purse! ... It's a European carry-all  :readit:    :laughing:    :laughing:    :laughing:

Ron
“We choose to do these things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard” — JFK

www.kmesharp.com

TGMM Family of the Bow

Online The Vanilla Gorilla

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2011, 02:01:00 PM »
Cause theres all sorts of possibilities of what can happen when you go prancin around with one!

Offline snag

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2011, 02:10:00 PM »
I don't care what you call it...I'll stick with a backpack....day pack....a PACK thank you.
Isaiah 49:2...he made me a polished arrow and concealed me in his quiver.

Online Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: August 12, 2011, 02:21:00 PM »
If you carry lipstick,a mirror and snot rags then it's a purse...If it contains a compass,knife,rope,fire starter material and a Slim Jim beef stick or three then it's a "Satchel"...

I like the word Satchel...

In the land down under it's a Kangaroo pouch!
  :biglaugh:

Offline BowPlinker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2011, 03:00:00 PM »
NO REAL man on the frontier was without a BAG!!!!!!!!!!   Including Daniel Boone and the Indians trin to kill him   :mad:    :scared:
Acadian Woods 56" 3pc Tree Stick
Acadian Woods 56" 1pc Tree Stick
Pine Hollow Osage. 58" longbow
Owner of Calumet Trade Goods
   http://tradgang.com/noncgi/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=162;t=000031

Offline Wannabe1

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • TGMM Family of the Bow
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2011, 03:05:00 PM »
"What colour are your leotards?? Back packs are for men and purses for ladies"

While I respect most everyone's opinions, I would like to take a moment and thank this guy and the thousands like him, that gave me the freedom to choose to do and wear what I like.   :thumbsup:

Desert Shield/Storm, Somalia and IOF Veteran
"The Mountains are calling and, I must go!" John Muir

Offline lablover

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2011, 03:06:00 PM »
Man I've been carrin one for years. Started when I did historical reinactments. Found out how handy they are now never go in the woods without one. You can do a spike camp with one of those and a wool blanket without a problem. Ken Those are some prime possible bags.
Bowhunting is a passion, not an obsession. Its just hard for my wife to tell the difference sometimes.

Offline mikebiz

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2011, 03:09:00 PM »
Originally posted by Lamey:
reminds me from the scene in the movie "The Hangover".....  "its not a purse,   its a satchel,  Indiana Jones wore one"
"Be careful, there's Skittles in there!"  Great reference Lamey.  Great movie (at least the first one was).  Sequel?  Not so much.

I don't care what y'all carry.  I've been caught more than once holding my girlfriends purse in a store.  Nobody's had the stones to say anything about it yet    :D
"...and last of all I leave to you the thrill of life and the joy of youth that throbs a moment in a well bent bow, then leaps forth in the flight of an arrow." - Saxton Pope

Offline Zradix

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2011, 03:35:00 PM »
Originally posted by Wannabe1:
"What colour are your leotards?? Back packs are for men and purses for ladies"

While I respect most everyone's opinions, I would like to take a moment and thank this guy and the thousands like him, that gave me the freedom to choose to do and wear what I like.    :thumbsup:  

Hell yea!
If some animals are good at hunting and others are suitable for hunting, then the Gods must clearly smile on hunting.~Aristotle

..there's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.~ F.Bear

Offline Caddo

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2011, 03:57:00 PM »
haversack, Possibles bag = Hunting, woods, outdoors doing manly things. Totally acceptable.

Over the shoulder Man Bag for city treking = Totally over the edge, posy sniffing, light in the loafers kind of fella! I'm just saying....

LD
"If your gonna kick a tiger in the butt, you better have a plan for dealing with his teeth!

Offline oxnam

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2011, 04:18:00 PM »
Haversack = Murse = Man Purse = Questionable Testosterone Levels   :biglaugh:

Offline B/W lvr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2011, 04:22:00 PM »
I make them and use them for hunting and everyday use.Never figured there was any gender problem with them and neither do the many customers that are running around the woods with them. But then I have to inject additional testosterone every week.

Offline amicus

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2011, 04:39:00 PM »
"European travel Bag"
The blessing of the Lord, it maketh rich and He addeth no sorrow with it. Prov 10;22

A sinner saved by Grace.

Offline pdk25

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: August 12, 2011, 04:43:00 PM »
I wouldn't worry too much what others think, if it works for you.

Offline Charlie Lamb

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2011, 04:48:00 PM »
Heck! It takes more to carry one than not. I've always been a little shy about carrying mine on hunts with other "Tradgangers". This thread has given me the courage.

My wife found mine at a garage sale and brought it home for me. Made by some guy named Prada... maybe Bob or Frank. I'm not sure.
The pearls were distracting at first but it goes so well with a pair of patent leather pumps I have that I just couldn't paint them.

:biglaugh:
Hunt Sharp

Charlie

Offline Jeff Strubberg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2011, 04:49:00 PM »
My man bag is OD green, heavy-duty canvas.  It carries my tech plus an armored flashlight, multi-tool, fixed blade Gerber and cables.

Y'all with the complex over shoulder bags might wanna seek help!

:bigsmyl:
"Teach him horsemanship and archery, and teach him to despise all lies"          -Herodotus

Offline kpete

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2011, 05:05:00 PM »
Now FANNY pack really seems a bit silly. I prefer to refer to mine as a BISON pack.
I commented to a western friend of mine about the color of his western shirt.  His reply:  "It takes a tough man to wear a pink shirt!"
Unfortunately we often get hung up by what others think about items that are functional.
The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God stands forever-Isaiah 40:8

Offline Ric O'Shay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2011, 05:31:00 PM »
Bear in mind guys, I grew up and was a teenager in the mid 1950's. In my generation, the cool guys wore jeans without a belt, a white T-shirt with the tail tucked in and a pack of Lucky Strikes or Camels rolled up in the left sleeve, black loafers with horse shoe taps on the heel our hair in a flat top with wings and a cool set of DA's. We wore black horn rimmed sunglasses didn't carry purses and you dare not let anyone even think that you would.
I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just.   - Thomas Jefferson

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©