3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Man purse vs. testosterone  (Read 883 times)

Offline Aunty

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Man purse vs. testosterone
« Reply #60 on: August 13, 2011, 06:16:00 AM »
Down here in NZ alot of guys wear fanny packs but to man it up they are never called a fanny pack always a bum bag lol.

Offline bicster

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: August 13, 2011, 07:14:00 AM »
Speak of the devil. While I was reading this thread at the grocery store, a fellow walked in carrying one of these.

Offline S. Brant Osborn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: August 13, 2011, 07:40:00 AM »
I think you and Bill could whip most anyone that had unpositive remarks.

It's not that a man carries s bag that is a problem....it's what he has in the bag that could change the whole game!
"I'm the proud son of a Vietnam Vet and proud to be Made in America!"

Online Lucas K

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: August 13, 2011, 08:56:00 AM »
This thread has made me chuckle. Idon't own a man bag, but don't think it makes you less manly to carry one.
Lucas Kent

Offline Ric O'Shay

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: August 13, 2011, 09:28:00 AM »
Originally posted by Lucas K:
This thread has made me chuckle. I don't own a man bag, but don't think it makes you less manly to carry one.
Lucas -

That was the intent of my first post. It's all in fun.

Danny
I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just.   - Thomas Jefferson

Offline Adam Keiper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: August 13, 2011, 09:34:00 AM »
I've been slinging old O.D. green canvas Army bags over my shoulder since I was a kid to go hunt, fish, and hike.  One of the things I've always loved about them is that, unlike backpacks or fannypacks, you can get at all your stuff without taking them off.  Tackle box, water bottle, tree steps, pruning snips, etc, are always right at hand.  I also like that they're easy on, easy off, and not bulky or hot.

Offline Bill Turner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: August 13, 2011, 12:30:00 PM »
For those that might be interested my brown canvas bag came from LL Bean. They have a large version and a smaller one. I use the smaller one when hunting. It has two zippered compartments covered by a flap, and three outter compartments with velcro closures, plus a long adjustable canvess strap. Sells for $49.95 in their catalog.   :archer2:

Offline scharms

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: August 13, 2011, 02:26:00 PM »
When I venture out to the woods I carry a small camo POSSIBLES BAG (wal-mart special).  I'm not too worried about being seen with it.  On the rare occasion that I run into someone in the timber they usually ask about the contents which is home to a small survival kit.  Most folks say "that's a good idea, I should get one!"  

I also have a custom heavy leather possibles bag made by a friend that carry front-stuffer gear exclusively.

But yeah, my wife calls it a man-purse too...
"I prefer the company of peasants because they have not been educated sufficiently to reason incorrectly" -Michel de Montaigne

Offline Kapellmeister

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: August 13, 2011, 03:43:00 PM »
Originally posted by joekeith:

Originally posted by David Mitchell:
Those of us who are secure in our manhood don't worry about perceptions of others...we know who we are and what we got and what we can do.      :p            :thumbsup:     Love my haversacks.
This pretty much wraps up the way I feel....I'm with you Dave [/b]
I'm with you guys, too.  I'm a little hesitant to call it a "haversack" since the only historical references to haversacks that I'm aware of were the military issue linen bags meant for carrying rations... so I call it a "shoulder bag".      :dunno:    Semantics...  my wife calls it my "man purse", too.

Here's my 18th c. style bag (hemp canvas dyed with walnut hull):

Ticking lining:

"Concealed carry" for bag axe:

Here's my 21st c. bag - a Filson small field bag: (hey, where else would I be able to carry a wallet, checkbook, flashlight, case of mandolin picks, Advil, ear plugs, business cards, electronic tuner, nail clipper, breath mints, dental floss, cellphone charger, spare batteries, tape measure, Leatherman tool, USB cable, PDA, binoculars, tuning hammer, string winder, thumb drives, pen, Epipen, MP3 player, rhythm bones, camera...):

Gene

~ s.D.g. ~

68" Osage Orange Selfbow 55@28
68" Hill Half-Breed 55@28
64" Schafer Silvertip 1pc Longbow 50@28
58" Shrew Classic Hunter 49@28

Offline Rufus

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: August 13, 2011, 05:40:00 PM »
I figure if I carry my old fishing creel when fishing, my possibles bag when muzzle loading, perhaps it's not a problem to carry my haversack when bow hunting. Sometimes it seems it's all in a name as to what's kosher and what's not. I'm sure primitive man slung a bag over his shoulder and went about his business long before his "bag" was reinvented as a purse.
 And as mentioned several times above, what's in my bag may not be much appreciated if somebody decides to mess with me or mine.
Live simply. Love generously. Care deeply. Speak kindly.

Offline sawtoothscream

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: August 13, 2011, 11:30:00 PM »
i cant wear one.  ill stick with a backpack.
- Hunterbow 58"  47# @26"
-bear kodiak 60"  45# at 28"

Offline Shakes.602

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: August 13, 2011, 11:50:00 PM »
I am in the Process of Creating a "Possibles" bag, and Y'all have given me some Fine Ideas on How & What to do!!  :thumbsup:  
    LET 'EM LAUGH!!   :thumbsup:    :archer:
"Carpe Cedar" Seize the Arrow!
"Life doesn't get Simpler; it gets Shorter and Turns in Smaller Circles." Dean Torges
"Faith is to Prayer what the Feather is to the Arrow" Thomas Morrow
"Ah Think They Should Outlaw Them Thar Crossbows" A Hunting Pal

Offline Gump

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: August 14, 2011, 01:28:00 PM »
I carry on and I also have pink fletching.....Hardly ever go into the woods without it be loaded up.

Offline Uncle Buck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: August 14, 2011, 02:12:00 PM »
My problem with any kind of bag is that the more room I have for stuff, the more stuff I will take. For a day hunt I can fit all the essentials into my cargo pants pockets, belt and my quiver pocket. for packing in I use a real pack or drag a sled if ther is snow. If I have any kind of day pack or haversack I cant stop myself from taking extra knives, an second or third compass, pruners food, candy and other assorted stuff, even for a four or five hour hunt.

Offline the longbowkid

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: August 14, 2011, 04:46:00 PM »
indiana jones wears one, it cant be that bad
Anneewakee Addiction longbow 56" 50@28

"too many people live under the misguided impression that death is the worst possible of natural events"
  -John G. Mitchell, "The Hunt"

Offline Rusty in Fla.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: August 14, 2011, 05:21:00 PM »
If you have to wonder maybe you don't have enough testosterone to use one. I got started carrying one when gun hunting. I shoot an H&R 20 gauge and that way I can carry slugs, buckshot, and birdshot all at the same time. I don't like hanging a lot of things on my belt, it gets too crowded too fast.
If you're gonna be stupid, ya gotta be tough.

Offline Roger Norris

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: August 14, 2011, 06:05:00 PM »
My non hunting man purse packs a Colt Commander....not concerned about what someone else thinks
"Good Lord....well, your new name is Sledge."
Ron LaClair upon seeing the destruction of his new lock on the east gate

"A man that cheats in the woods will cheat anywhere"
G. Fred Asbell

Offline NYStickhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: August 14, 2011, 07:16:00 PM »
I carry a briefcase in the city for work and a backpack in the mountains, I like my shoulderbag/possibles bag in the woods. Keeps me from having the "Batman Utility Belt" look.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©