3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Robertson Vision  (Read 141 times)

Offline LongStick64

• Trad Bowhunter
Robertson Vision
« on: August 12, 2011, 11:12:00 AM »
Guys I have a Robertson Vision 66" 55@28, locator grip. I know it's not made any more but what other bows out there come close in design.
Primitive Bowhunting.....the experience of a lifetime

Offline Hud

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • 360-921-5779
Re: Robertson Vision
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2011, 12:24:00 PM »
Their new model is the Primal Styke LB, with bamboo core.  The handle is a locator, and about 4-3/4" circumferance at the narrowest part of the handle, and 5-1/8" at the heal. The 64" bow has a moderate reflex-deflex, smooth drawing, and shoots great. The limbs are similar in taper, and a tad narrower at the nock than the same weight Purist in a 62". Very similar otherwise. I like the bow.
TGMM Family of the Bow

Online Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2011, 04:26:00 PM »
Robertson changed/tweeked the amount of R/D in his longbows over the years, and changed the names even more, though his basic longbow hasn't changed that much. The vision is similar to the purist and mystical before it.  All are still available on the used market, and, of course, Dick will build you a new one.

The Liberty Contender has a very similar R/D design, maybe just a little less reflex. The Chief elite,  has more R/D and is similar to some of Dick's longbows, though probably has just a tad more reflex than the Robertson's. I don't know if Allen is still building the Chief elite.

The Great Northern Critter Gitter is also similar, though it has just a smidgen less R/D than most of Dick's bows.

Rich Wormington's Yellowstone has the mild R/D of the Liberty Contender and GN Critter Gitter.

They're all excellent bows.  Probably a few more out there that I neglected to mention.  Good luck.   :)

Offline WESTBROOK

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2011, 04:32:00 PM »
Norther Mist Baraga 60-64", Superior 66-70".

Eric

Offline JRY309

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2011, 05:11:00 PM »
I like the looks of the Liberty Contender,it is a mild R/D bow.

Offline Lamey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2011, 05:13:00 PM »
There are a bunch of fine mild R/D bows out there,   I would guess the closest to the Vision would be the current Robertson offering,  The Primal Styk.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©