3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Ever meet Lee Hoot's?  (Read 239 times)

Offline Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Ever meet Lee Hoot's?
« on: August 13, 2011, 06:56:00 PM »
This year I sold over seven of my old bows to quite a few of you here on the TradGang site so I could have a one of a kind Little Hoots recurve made special for me..Well Lee Hoot's was not just one of them bowyers you call and put in your request on what you're looking for ..He took notes and sent pics as He created my bow and wanted my opinion and to make sure he was meeting what I was dreaming up...He contacted me several times with updates and wood choices,vaneer pics and so on...I asked for some special scripture to be written on it that is dear to my heart and he also made certain it was where I would see it...I asked for the waviest Olive ash burl he had and he came through with it...The darkest waviest Ziricote and he came through with that as well...Next was the moose antler stippling and he wasn't too sure of that cause he never had done one before he told me...He came through better then I imagined with that also...Lee is not only a bowyer but has a job as a contractor and a chicken farmer as well...Most important thing I've noticed and that was how he talked with me and posted back often...Every once in a while I'll get a p.m. from him just saying Hey...The day I opened my box with the bow in side was a very special moment I got to share with a very dear friend who is a Pastor and traditional hunter as well that go's by the handle Blinds...We both were so excited when I pulled it out of the sock Lee had put it in to ship...Wow we both said when I slowly pulled it out ..We were both in a state of pure child like amazement like Christmas time and marveled over the craftmanship Lee put into this bow...Before Lee would take a doller from me he wanted me 100% satisfied before he sent it out and took more pics to make sure I was...No doubt I was totally satisfied and if any one is looking for a bowyer who will make not only a looker but a bow that is quick,quiet and with great quality then check out his bow's...He has a lefty Cocobolo with deer antler stippling on his sponsor under Hoots recurves that will grab everyones attention...Lee uses some of the best limb vaneers I've ever seen...Lee if you read this Thanks again for all you have done ...God Bless and stay away from the blackberry patch! Keefer's <")))><   ;)

Offline ckanous

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Ever meet Lee Hoot's?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2011, 08:27:00 PM »
Keefer, you are exactly right about Lee, he is a great guy!!First time I met him was on one of his jobs, I was putting cabinets in the house he was building. We got to talking archery and then it led to traditional archery and next thing I know I had a 3pc TD he had built awhile back. Well I still have that bow and hunted with it exclusively last year, even having one of his new recurves and longbows hanging in the basement. I will never get rid of that bow, because it was the first bow  along with Lee Hoots that turned me on to Traditional Archery!! He aims to please thats for sure. Thanks buddy

One of my favorite pics also:

Offline Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 07:42:00 AM »
Chris,
  I never knew of Lee making a 3 pc. He does make some really fine one pc. recurves I must say...Every time I remove mine from the bowsock I just admire all the beutiful work Lee put into it...Keefer's <><

Offline ckanous

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2011, 08:18:00 AM »
These were his first bows he built years ago. He isn't making them anymore, I guess this will be a collectors item when Lee becomes a "Legend".

Offline ckanous

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2011, 08:20:00 AM »
These were his first bows he built years ago. He isn't making them anymore, I guess this will be a collectors item when Lee becomes a "Legend".

Offline Hootsbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2011, 08:31:00 AM »
Thanks Keith, Now I can't even go outside my head want fit through the door!LOL   Glad your enjoying your bow as much as I enjoyed building it and all the chats we have.

Chris, thats one of them oldie goldies there, those are on the endangered species list so guard it with your life, i've still got a couple of them hanging on the wall,otta get one down and take it hunting this year.

Offline Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2011, 09:05:00 AM »
Chris,
  Got any side profiles of it? Lee I'll get those pics I took of the Hoot's and the quiver Art made as soon as I catch the wife in one of them "I'll show you one more time how to load picture's Moods)   :thumbsup:  I liked the looks of that Cocobolo Lefty you built Lee and you have a great price on it and wonder why no lefty's has jumped on it yet? That's a lot of extra's you're giving away there and has the blackberry juice fermented and making you have one of them "Giving away" moments? You have some great prices on quite a few of them ....

Offline Lee Viv

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2011, 07:29:00 PM »
I met Lee when I bought one of his bows he builds for John Dill at Anneewakee Archery.  I enjoyed meeting him at ATAR that year(really missed it this year).  I met John a few years ago at the BaltimoreBowmen Traditional Classic, where we shared a booth and I was introduced to him by my good friend, Bernie Dunn.

I instantly loved the way the bow shot, and am glad I bought it from them.  Lee makes a great bow, and is a great guy as well....

Here is a picture of us after I bought the bow at ATAR...notice Lee and John are smiling...they just got my money!

Offline Lee Viv

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2011, 07:30:00 PM »
sorry for the double pic...photobucket acting up on me.....

Offline widow sax

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2011, 10:17:00 PM »
He is first class no dought about it talk you him at Denton Hill about my girlfriends hoots he did some work on for free even though we got it used he stands behind what he makes. Widow

Offline Kenneth

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2011, 11:42:00 PM »
Yep Lee is first class all the way!  I met him at ATAR last year and talked and he let me shoot is personal lil' hoot bow and I was very impressed with the quality of the bow and the gentleman that built it.  A Lil' Hoot or Addiction is one of a few bows on my "must have" list.
Chasing my kids and my degree for now but come next fall the critters better look out.  ;)

Offline Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2011, 05:32:00 AM »
By the smurks on them faces it looks like they got their wallets filled that day!  :biglaugh:

Offline ckanous

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2011, 06:09:00 AM »
Thats probably after Lee Viv forked it over that day! John is really liking it!

Offline ckanous

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2011, 06:38:00 AM »
Here are some more pics 0f the "Old Hoots Dinosaur" for ya Keefer:

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2011, 07:20:00 AM »
Doesn't surprise me a bit, Keefers. Best additional part of all this is what a nice, pleasant chap Lee is to converse with - oh and he smiles like that even when he (and John) aren't taking in the "bucks" - LOL

I am lucky enough to have two Anneewakee Addiction recurve hunting bows ("Blackie" and "Brownie" - real clever name picker, ain't I - LOL) built by Lee Hoots and I really love them. John has been a good friend of mine for years now and I've met and shot with Lee a number of times in the past two or three years - "Top O' The Barrel" buggers, they are.

Oh yeah - I know that Lee Viv guy too - Just pickin', actually I've known him a few years too and he's a fine feller also      :D    .
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Lee Viv

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2011, 03:14:00 PM »
yep, that was after my wife handed over the credit card to john.....but it was worth it..those guys smile like that even when you don't buy anything...now that i have my slim jim quiver it makes the outfit complete!  I only wished I lived closer to you southern guys so i can hang out at your shoots.  maybe it's for the best, cause if i ever get a chance to shoot one of lee's longbows it's all over!(my marriage too!)

by the way, bernie, you're a fine fella as well...I'm not southeren enough to say feller...LOL

hoping ATAR gets started back up so I can see everyone....

lee

Offline Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2011, 04:54:00 PM »
I'm not certain if I'm Southern but I do live on the Eastern Shore of Md. and shoot a Hoot's Chocolate Moose Recurve with all the toppings and a Kanati Quiver made by John and have 2 of Lee's personal  Gold tip arrows with Blackberry juice all over them and a sweaty Hoot's T shirt and cap so doe's that make me part of the "Backwoods Bad Boys" like Lee,John, Bernie and the legendary "Batman" I'm hearing about?  Oh and the "Banjo" is my favorite string instrument that I love to listen too next to my Hoot's bow...    :rolleyes:

Offline ber643

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2011, 05:40:00 PM »
Geeze - sounds like yer a'ready theah tuh me, Key 'fur, welcome aboard - how d'ya stan on grits 'n aigs fer brekfus? Oh, you'd like "The Black Knight", everybody does, and he can flat play a banjo (mandolin too, the smart butt     ;)    )
Bernie: "Hunters Are People Too"

Ret'd USMC '53-'72

Traditional Bow Shooters of West Virginia (Previously the Official Dinosaur Wrangler, Supporter, and Lifetime Honorary Member)
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Hootsbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2011, 05:42:00 PM »
Keith, my son evan has been learning banjo since Jan. about 8 months worth and think hes goin be a natural,i'll send you a youtube if you send me an e mail, then you'll have a Hoots playing for your Hoot

Offline Lee Viv

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2011, 05:54:00 PM »
keefer,

i have a sweaty hoots shirt that i wear every shoot i go to, and now i have a Anneewakee hat i got from John, so i guess I'm close enough to be an honorary pro staff shooter..and i saw batman play mandolin,and i watch Evan play banjo on Facebook(boy has talent)

Just think, if i would have bought the batman hoots bow like bernie, i would have had free banjo lessons  from Don for a year!  tough commute to get there.

keefer, i used to hunt on the eastern shore, at millington and tuckahoe...and was thinking about getting back there some day....loved hunting maryland....

heck, i only live 30 miles from the mason-dixon line...ought to count for sumpthin!  plus i remember bernie is a born yankee!   :scared:

keefer, we'll have to get together sometime and shoot......

lee

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©