3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: ACE Broadhead makes a TV Cameo....  (Read 122 times)

Offline dave19113

• Trad Bowhunter
ACE Broadhead makes a TV Cameo....
« on: August 14, 2011, 03:05:00 PM »
I was watching TV the other day, was watching Deadliest Warrior. I know... you are probably like "really".... Anyway.... they were doing a piece on Genghis Khan. One of his weapons was the Mongolian bow.

They did a test to simulate a elephant hide. They used leather as skin..... a foam filler as subcutaneous layer then ballistic gel for the fat. They shot it from about 7 yards I’m guessing, they used what looked like an ACE standard 200gr on a wood arrow.

Now to the part that impressed me... Even though the bowmen didn’t have the greatest form or accuracy when he did strike it looked like it was about 10" of penetration after the leather skin. I do not know what weight bow it was as I know little about Mongolian bows but it could not of been too heavy and still was excellent penetration.

If you get a chance to watch the piece its worth seeing just to gauge how well the ACE heads perform.
FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

Offline Night Wing

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: ACE Broadhead makes a TV Cameo....
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 04:34:00 PM »
I'll look for it. I want to see the "damage". Thanks for the heads up.
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 42# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 10.02
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 37# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 11.37

Offline michaelschwister

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: ACE Broadhead makes a TV Cameo....
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 05:45:00 PM »
I have found the ACE standard 160 to be easy to sharpen, holds its edge all the way into the ground, penetrates as good as the very best, and is indestructable.  Add to that easy to mount and fly like a field point. I would not hesitate to use an ace standard 160 on any game animal.
"The best thing to give to your enemy is forgiveness; to a friend, your heart; to your child, a good example; to a father, deference; to your mother, conduct that will make her proud of you; to yourself, respect" - Benjamin Franklin

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©