3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Pocket size HD Camcorder  (Read 201 times)

Offline tradbower

• Trad Bowhunter
Pocket size HD Camcorder
« on: August 14, 2011, 04:08:00 PM »
What would you use?
         Thanks Pete
"Never to old to learn something new"

Offline Rob DiStefano

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
    • Cavalier Pickups
Re: Pocket size HD Camcorder
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 04:47:00 PM »
without a doubt, go pro hd hero.   :thumbsup:
IAM ~ The only government I trust is my .45-70 ... and my 1911.

Offline TomBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 05:17:00 PM »
Rob,

alrighty then!  privy us to some more information.  I are a bit ignorant (not stupid, just don't know much!) about details on the tiny little (seems like about $100) mini-cams that I see in BBuy, etc. ads. in the Sunday paper.  If you got some more detailed info, please provide, if you would.

Thanks and Best of Luck,
TomBow
Best of Luck!

Toelke Whip "MTB" 62", 53#@28
'65 K-Mag 52", 58@28
'53 Bear Cub longbow, 64" 60#@28

Offline Rob W.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2011, 05:25:00 PM »
My buddy had a kodak attached to his compound at the last bow shoot. It is waterproof, hd, and under 100 bucks(I think). Video looked pretty good to me.
This stuff ain't no rocket surgery science!

Offline awbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2011, 06:54:00 PM »
Kodak X3
62" Super D, 47#s @ 25-1/2"
58" TS Mag, 53#s @ 26"
56" Bighorn, 46#s @ 26.5"

Offline excelpoint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2011, 02:28:00 AM »
Contour HD for me  :)
"A hunt based only on trophies taken falls short of what the ultimate goal should be ... time to commune with your inner soul as you share the outdoors with the birds, animals, and the fish that live there."
Fred Bear

Offline Manitoba Stickflinger

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2011, 08:57:00 AM »
I don't really have a legit opinion but just bought a Contour last week. It was my choice due to the size and shape and ease of mounting. I'll post more when I have time to critique it....Ryan

Offline TomBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2011, 09:07:00 AM »
I have a Pine Ridge Archery camera arm which I currently use just a little (been spending too much time in the past working the camera which cost me shot opps., which my wife has scolded me for, hence the "just a little) with an old Hi8 Sony tape cam-corder.  To date I have one good shot on film, lots of pictures of deer doing their thing (again, me not shooting because I'm too busy with the camera).  I like the ease of use/replay of the tape.  I would assume the wee HD camcorders could be shown through the VCR/DVD inputs correct?  I have toyed with the idea of editing but don't really have the capabilities. computer wise.  But I do enjoy playing the tapes from time to time and showing them to people.  Would like to do the same with the wee HD unit, When they say an hour of footage, is that based on the SD card size?  I mean, how do they work?

Thanks,
TomBow
Best of Luck!

Toelke Whip "MTB" 62", 53#@28
'65 K-Mag 52", 58@28
'53 Bear Cub longbow, 64" 60#@28

Offline Gvan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2011, 03:29:00 PM »
I'll second Rob's opinion for the Go Pro HD Hero. It's got a waterproof housing, is small and is easily attached to many different things. We use them all the time for our video needs and they compliment the full HD commercial cams we run on a regular basis.

If you watch the X Games on ESPN or any of the extreme sports, the Go Pro's are basically the only thing used unless the are broadcasting a signal, in which case, the Go Pro isn't an option.  

We attach them to the side of boats, top of helmets, side of bows, windshield of cars, etc. Makes for some really cool video, for sure!
Two Tracks Longwalker 60"  54#
Arrow Dynamics Trad Lite
Centaur Big Game Head 170grain

Offline Onlyaspike

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2011, 10:48:00 PM »
Anyone got pics of there camera's and/or there setup's for filming? Id like to have a bow mounted mini cam of some sort but the vibe at the shot is kinda steering me away.....
Hoyt Gamemaster 2....APG Camo 45#

Offline tradbower

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2011, 10:56:00 PM »
Everyone
   Thanks for all the input for the camcorders. Iam going to try to get my first bear hunt (and most likey my last) on film. I will need all the MOJO out there, just hopeing I can get it done.
             Thanks Again Pete
"Never to old to learn something new"

Offline excelpoint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2011, 05:18:00 AM »
Originally posted by Onlyaspike:
Anyone got pics of there camera's and/or there setup's for filming? Id like to have a bow mounted mini cam of some sort but the vibe at the shot is kinda steering me away.....
Check out the thread below
 http://tradgang.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=75;t=000399
"A hunt based only on trophies taken falls short of what the ultimate goal should be ... time to commune with your inner soul as you share the outdoors with the birds, animals, and the fish that live there."
Fred Bear

Offline Manitoba Stickflinger

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2011, 01:44:00 PM »
I agree with the "shock" of the shot affecting the footage...especially when attached to the bow. The couple times I've fiddled around with mine, the footage from the head strap was best. The biggest problem with head strap footage is when you turn you head to shoot it's not aligned with where you are looking. The camera needs to be pointed out the side of my head to capture footage when at full draw. Another problem with the head strap is turning on the camera....(it's all by feel, and being right handed and it on the left side of my head makes it complicated)

I took an old arm guard and made a plate for the top of it so the camera is attached to my forearm pointing past my knuckles toward my target. This setup is user friendly and always points where I point my arm. The drawback is "shock" at the shot.

Weighing all things out, I'll be going with the arm mount as I have better control over the camera and can troubleshoot easier as I can see the camera. I'll post a pic when I can...Ryan

Offline mark land

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2011, 03:13:00 PM »
JVC Everio!  Much better camera then any of the "Go Pro" style cameras and the ability to adjust the camera for different conditions as well as zoom and other options all for about the same price and small enough to fit in your pocket!  Paid about $250 for my last one and makes a great solo hunt camera and a POV cam when using the larger camera or when having a cameraman along.
They'll be no quitters till we bag us some critters!

Offline Scott88

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2011, 03:19:00 PM »
Kodak ZX3

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©