3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: The Muzzy Shoot...a young gun, an old veteran, and some divine intervention...  (Read 1295 times)

Offline Mint

• Trad Bowhunter
Thanks Curt i really appreciate it. As your title suggests their was divine intervention. As a lot of the Muzzy shooters know we lost Carl Moller to leukemia last November. The last shoot he attended was muzzy even though he wasn't strong enough to shoot. Carl wasa Muzzy fanatic and never missed a shoot since 1988 I believe. We would talk about it all the time and couldn't wait for the second weekend in August to come around. Last year while up at muzzy he said to me "Don't worry I will be here next year with you"
On the drive up my wife could tell something was bothering me and knew I was thinking of Carl. She said "Carl will be with us at the shoot" My wife hasa lot more faith than me so I just nodded my head.
On Saturday it was Carl's 54th Birthday and i had that on my mind when i started shooting with William. I had a great time shooting with Darius and Don Ferraro and was able to stay in it. The next day I before I started shooting with Michael Vincent i said a silent prayer that i hoped Carl was with me today since i needed his help to keep me calm. Every year this is where i crap out, right before the trophy rounds. Well it was head to head and when Michael hit "Thread the Needle" to tie it up I knew i was in trouble. He was on a roll and I was as nervous as I could be. As i sat down on the rock I could here carl speak to me that I could make this shot and have in the past. Of course for those of you that know Carl he said it with a a word i can't print here. We both missed the first shot but mine was so close i knew i would get it on my next shot and did to win the round. It was great shooting with Michael. Next was shooting with Steve Stivaly and Carl was with me doing that round too and it really calmed me down. Same with shooting with Keith Barber and winning it on the last shot on red where they swapped the chair with the new stump. It was great shooting against such nice guys as Steve and Keith.
Shooting the overall round with Manny was going to be a problem though. I never shot it before and we wouldn't be going out by ourselves but with a crowd. My heart was beating like crazy. Stepping up to shoot over the pond on white target one I asked Carl to send me a sign that he was still with me and I could here him say "Just shut up and Shoot" and when I hit that block I knew I had the momentum on my side. Talking to Carl kept me focused and calmed me down enough that i could win. Shooting with Manny was great and was an honor to shoot against him. To win the longbow division in his first ever Muzzy is just amazing to me and i have no doubt he would have beat me if Carl wasn't with me. Once again I'd like to thank everyone and it means so much to win this year for my buddy Carl.

And Curt I have no doubt Ken Coulons son and Cade will be battling out in future Muzzy competitions for the title. Both their concentration and perfect form are amazing to watch.
The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms.

Samuel Adams

NYB Life Member
NRA Life Member

Online Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
I love the little fist pump after the 3-d buck shot...priceless.
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss"          :)
TGMM

Offline IndianaBowman

• Trad Bowhunter
Awesome Cade!

Congratulations little man!

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
Curt, that grouse pic is money. Not an easy feat to get them to pose for long enough to snap a pic.

Offline maineac

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Nice job!  Both to Cade and his fantastic shooting and Curt for capturing it for those of us who could not be there.
The season gave him perfect mornings, hunter's moons and fields of freedom found only by walking them with a predator's stride.
                                                              Robert Holthouser

Offline Cyclic-Rivers

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Good Medicine   :thumbsup:
Relax,

You'll live longer!

Charlie Janssen

PBS Associate Member
Wisconsin Traditional Archers

>~TGMM~> <~Family~Of~The~Bow~<

Offline JoeM

• Trad Bowhunter
Congrats to all!!  Jeff I'll try and catch up with you at the silver arrow shoot.  Joe
"...there are no words that can tell the hidden spirit of the wilderness, that can reveal its mystery, its melancholy, and its charm."  Teddy Roosevelt

Offline Randy Morin

• Trad Bowhunter
Man I was pulling for you Curt.

Cade...congratulations on defending your title.  Best of luck next season chasing them critters.
That looks like a ton of fun.  :archer2:  

I love seeing them stone wall pics.  Brings back meny memories for me back in VT.

Offline leatherneck

• Trad Bowhunter
Just straight awesome Curt!!!!! Congrats Cade!!!!!
“I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying"

Proud shareholder of MK,LLC

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©