3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Heck of a crowd ain`t it !!  (Read 1019 times)

Offline RC

• Trad Bowhunter
Heck of a crowd ain`t it !!
« on: August 17, 2011, 12:41:00 PM »
I had to post this little bit of a swampers ramblings this morning.
  I`ve been hunting my whole life actually. If not by myself with my Uncles or Grandpa. My Dad passed when I was ten and I was raised "old fashioned" by my Grandpa and Uncles.I would have much rather had Dad but the way of life growing up on a farm in the South with folks that depended on the land and God most of all was the best education I could have ever had and I thank the Good Lord for it.Family was all and neighbors were family are at least treated that way.

Now as I type this I still live within a mile of my growin up spot and most all the people then are gone. I`ve only met my neighbors and just know who the are. If you drive by and wave they may or may not wave back.Good thing maybe the closest one is near a mile away or across the creek.
  Now we`ll tie this into tradbows. The old fashioned raising I was talking about is the feeling I get when I visit this place daily and a couple more trad places I attend. Its like we all are family and treat each other that way.Priceless.On a general bowhunting forum I sometimes check they can`t evern post about anything without it turning into some kind of stupid fuss. They know so much but have yet to learn to be nice to each other.Awful.
  I have been blessed to have hunted with folks I would have never met without this site or a few others. Spent several days afield with folks from a LLOOONNNGG way off and enjoyed every minute and look forward to the same.
 So I gotta say keep being nice to each other...respect the beginner and his questions and have patience with the hardheaded old bowhunter set in his ways cause as in my youth we are not only neighbors...we are family.RC

Offline KodiakMag

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Heck of a crowd ain`t it !!
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2011, 12:45:00 PM »
Good point. I was talking to a sales rep that came into my office this morning and after talking business we started talking hunting/fishing. We both agreed that the worldtoday is not like it was in the good 'ol days you here about but like you i was raised with the same mentality as most trad hunters have. Luckily I always had my father because nobody else in my family hunted and he is the one who taught me more about life and treating people the right way then anyone could have.
55# Kodiak Mag

"Stay calm, Pick a spot."

Zwickey, the 1911 of Broadheads.
->>>-------->

Offline bayhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2011, 12:46:00 PM »
well said!  :clapper:    :clapper:

Offline straitera

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2011, 01:18:00 PM »
Maybe the reason I'm on here so much myself? Argues are rare. I like that. Way too much time spent here otherwise. It's the hunting we share most similar as you learned when growing up on my grandfather's farm. Like your post as always RC. God Bless & the good folks at TG, b
Buddy Bell

Trad is 60% mental & about 40% mental.

Offline OBXarcher

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2011, 01:24:00 PM »
Never met a bad person on tradgang yet!!

except those few I sold bows to and now they won't sell them back, can you believe them LOL

Offline joel smith

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2011, 01:27:00 PM »
you hit the nail on the head Robert. That man in the picture with me is my Grandpa---whole time I knew him he made his living digging hand-dug wells (yeah, he could witch water), trappin turtles out of folks ponds (and sometimes out from under creekbanks we'd wade up), fishin and huntin.

I miss him and that time of my life but you're right when you say that this place and these folks can bring some of that back...

Thanks for the reminder...
"...some of it's magic, some of it's tragic, but I've had a good life all the way..."
Jimmy Buffet from HE WENT TO PARIS

Online TIM B

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2011, 01:28:00 PM »
Reminds me of a saying I heard- IT'S NICE TO BE IMPORTANT BUT MORE IMPORTANY TO BE NICE
TIM B

Offline turkey522

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2011, 01:46:00 PM »
:clapper:

Offline rushlush

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2011, 01:46:00 PM »

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2011, 01:50:00 PM »
Thanks for bringing this back to the forefront of our minds RC.

It is one of the most important messages I've read in awhile.

People don't really care how much you know until they know how much you care.

Tradgang is family and I am blessed to be a part of it.

Thank you.... one and all!!

God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline PaddyMac

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2011, 01:50:00 PM »

Absolutely right.

I live in a town of 800 people 60 miles from the Canadian border on the east slope of Cascades about 3000 miles or so from where I grew up in a small town in Pike County, Illinois. In the whole valley there's probably not more than 4,000 full-timers and another 6,000 part-timers. It's pretty isolated, still good and country, but not to complain too much, a bit touristy and spandexy and Leer-jetty, if you know what I mean.

There are, at my last count, a half dozen trad archers in this isolated valley. I knew none of them 8 months ago.

Guess where I met the first one. Here. At TradGang.com No kidding. Saw his photos from a hunt in Hawaii and said, "Hey! I know that guy!"

Even though I grew up with a recurve and have flirted with trad archery since the 90s, I finally dove into the traditional bowhunting pool just 8 months ago. For the first time in a long time I feel like I'm home and a large part of that is TradGang.
Pat McGann

Southwest Archery Scorpion longbow, 35#
Fleetwood Frontier longbow, 40#
Southwest Archery Scorpion, 45#
Bob Lee Exotic Stickbow, 51#
Bob Lee Signature T/D recurve, 47#
Bob Lee Signature T/D recurve, 55#
Howatt Palomar recurve (69"), 40#

"If you leave archery for one day, it will leave you for 10 days."  --Turkish proverb

Offline Son of Texas

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2011, 01:53:00 PM »
Thanks!!!   :clapper:    :clapper:    :clapper:

Offline JohnnyWayne

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2011, 02:03:00 PM »
Well said  :)
Life before death. Strength before weakness. Journey before destination.
-The Way of Kings

>>>---TGMM Family of the Bow--->

Offline limbolt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2011, 02:06:00 PM »
:thumbsup:    :thumbsup:

Offline BowHunterGA

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2011, 02:09:00 PM »
Had not thought of the similarities before but I also grew up in a rural area and now that you mention it, this is A LOT like it was back then.

Very well said RC!

Offline Bill Turner

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2011, 02:12:00 PM »
RC don't say much, but when he does I listen. I spend far to much time on this site because of people like RC. God Bless you all.  :campfire:

Offline Peckerwood

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2011, 02:16:00 PM »
RC, you are right on!  I have met and hunted with with a lot of TG'rs and it is as life should be.  It is never about your age , profession ,or location. It is about your passion of the bow and the love of nature. It seems that those of us who choose the traditional way are more interested in the experience rather than the out come.    :thumbsup:
NO matter where you go there you  are !

Offline Apex Predator

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2011, 02:18:00 PM »
Amen Brother!
I didn't claw my way to the top of the food chain to eat vegetables!

Online 4dogs

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2011, 02:25:00 PM »
:thumbsup:    :thumbsup:
>>>---TGMM, Family of the Bow--->

Offline TomBow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2011, 02:27:00 PM »
Proud to call you all my brothers and sisters.  We ARE one big family of human beings and this site, as well as the whole feel of being traditional makes us step back from ourselves and look at the other side of the coin, the other side of the fence and put ourselves in their shoes.  Seems to me like everyone here is always holding the thought in the back of their mind "What if He or She was Me, how would I want to be treated"  and then they follow through on that thought.

Words cannot describe in detail the warm fuzzies I get when I am reading and talking with other folks here, or face to face with other trad. folks.

RC-You done did it again my Brother!  We all can learn by RC's example as well as all of us with this similar mind set!

Thanks again my brudders!
TomBow
Best of Luck!

Toelke Whip "MTB" 62", 53#@28
'65 K-Mag 52", 58@28
'53 Bear Cub longbow, 64" 60#@28

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©