3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Tip meets Texas heat  (Read 366 times)

Offline Kimber Rowan

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Tip meets Texas heat
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2011, 11:22:00 PM »
I think he should call her "kimber"  very pretty to look at but don't make her mad!
"But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God." 1 Corinthians 11:3

Offline Nakohe

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2011, 11:44:00 PM »
Hey Bro, It has been so stinking hot I shaved to stay cool. Kinda like it and Kimber loves it. Sooo,,,,

Bob, I honestly did shoot that group. Took me about 10 min to get her tuned. She loves those arrows. They are 70# and cut to 29" and have a 200 gr tip on them. Seams she loves a heavy arrow. Also, I have my days and do not shoot near that good. Got lucky.

Snag, She ain't going anywhere. My Big Jim, Non typical, Silver Tip, and Silver Fox are here to stay.

Jeff, I hear that. I can not beleive the number of triple digit days we have had this year. Great shooting there. What is that beautiful bow you have?

Allan, You are more than welcome to shoot her. Hope to see you when Danny is here. Would you bring one of the Quest sisters you got from me to shoot?

Hmmmm "Heart Throb" or "Diva Kimber".  I think it will be "Diva Kimber" since she is my HEART THROB.
"Then Peter said unto them. Repent all of you and be baptized in the Name of Jesus for remission of sins and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Acts 2:38

TGMM Family Of The Bow
Life Member T. B. O. T.
SGT. U.S.A.F. '72-'76
Life Member NRA

Offline Nakohe

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2011, 11:45:00 PM »
Thanks for all the nice comments. I really do not shoot that good always. Just had a great day showing off for Kimber as she took the pics. Need her beside me in the stand so I can shoot like that when hunting. LOL
"Then Peter said unto them. Repent all of you and be baptized in the Name of Jesus for remission of sins and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

TGMM Family Of The Bow
Life Member T. B. O. T.
SGT. U.S.A.F. '72-'76
Life Member NRA

Offline Nakohe

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2011, 11:55:00 PM »
Jeff, I have shot Silver Tip curves and they shot good, but just was not consistent with them. I have gone back to longbows and glad I did. I just shoot them better. Compared to the Non Typical, they are close, I like both very close, "Diva Kimber" shoots a tad better than my Non Typical, but "Dalamation" my Big Jim bow is right there with her also.

TGMM Family Of The Bow
Life Member T. B. O. T.
SGT. U.S.A.F. '72-'76
Life Member NRA

« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2011, 12:03:00 AM »
Nice new stick!

Congrats,

Bisch

Offline Old Chief

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2011, 12:16:00 AM »
Send me a bow like that and I would be shooting in 109 heat.  Good shooting and an outstanding looking bow.

Offline Bowhunter4life

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2011, 12:18:00 AM »
I always thought the Silvertip Longbow would be very similar to the Non-Typical kinda accross the board... shootability, smoothness, quietness, and speed.  Both great bows!

Thanks for the pics and sharing with us, and that bow is my 58" Kwyk Styk, 61# @ 30"... Zebrawood and Charcoal Dymondwood, Moose tips and thumb rest.  They are easily my favorite recurve... And I think it is because they shoot like my longbows with those static tips... just a bit noisier.  ;)   But, like you, Longbows are my favorite.   :thumbsup:
"Bowhunting isn't a hobby or a sport... It's a way of life!"

Quote: "Everything you read on the internet is the truth." -Abraham Lincoln

>>>-TGMM Family of the Bow--->

Offline amar911

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2011, 01:34:00 AM »
Donald,

I have the dates on my calendar to come down and see all of you when Danny is there. I will definitely bring along one of the Quest sisters for you to shoot again. I may bring a few other bows too.    ;)  Looking forward to the fellowship.

Allan
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Green

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: August 18, 2011, 05:33:00 AM »
Beautiful bow.....and the shooting ain't too shabby either.  I noticed an arrow stuck in the ground.....you get rain?
ASL's, Selfbows, and Wood Arra's
Just because you are passionate about something, doesn't mean you don't suck at it.

Offline Kimber Rowan

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: August 18, 2011, 06:06:00 AM »
Originally posted by Nakohe:
Hey Bro, It has been so stinking hot I shaved to stay cool. Kinda like it and Kimber loves it. Sooo,,,,

Bob, I honestly did shoot that group. Took me about 10 min to get her tuned. She loves those arrows. They are 70# and cut to 29" and have a 200 gr tip on them. Seams she loves a heavy arrow. Also, I have my days and do not shoot near that good. Got lucky.

Snag, She ain't going anywhere. My Big Jim, Non typical, Silver Tip, and Silver Fox are here to stay.

Jeff, I hear that. I can not beleive the number of triple digit days we have had this year. Great shooting there. What is that beautiful bow you have?

Allan, You are more than welcome to shoot her. Hope to see you when Danny is here. Would you bring one of the Quest sisters you got from me to shoot?

Hmmmm "Heart Throb" or "Diva Kimber".  I think it will be "Diva Kimber" since she is my HEART THROB.
LOVE YOU MR ROWAN!
"But I would have you know, that the head of every man is Christ; and the head of the woman is the man; and the head of Christ is God." 1 Corinthians 11:3

Offline Nakohe

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2011, 11:40:00 AM »
Green, we got a few showers over the weekend, plus I have been watering the heck out of the lawn to try and save as much as I can.

TGMM Family Of The Bow
Life Member T. B. O. T.
SGT. U.S.A.F. '72-'76
Life Member NRA

Offline Green

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2011, 11:57:00 AM »
Glad y'all got some rain....we're still like the surface of the moon down here in the Lampasas area.  Come on cool, wet Fall weather.
ASL's, Selfbows, and Wood Arra's
Just because you are passionate about something, doesn't mean you don't suck at it.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©