3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Kwikee Kwiver mounting bracket help...Please  (Read 495 times)

Offline hardwaymike

• Trad Bowhunter
Kwikee Kwiver mounting bracket help...Please
« on: August 18, 2011, 12:12:00 PM »
I seen somewhere where someone had a Kwikee Kwiver mount on a nice leather belt type bracket. It was set up kinda like a hip quiver but with a hybrid trad/modern flair. Anyone ever seen one? Thanks in advance, Mike.
"A road is a dagger placed in the heart of a wilderness." -William O. Douglas

Believe it or not the "HARDWAY" is often the EASIER way(in hindsight)!
2xOIF VET
Bear Cub #48@28"

Online Steve Clandinin

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Kwikee Kwiver mounting bracket help...Please
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 12:13:00 PM »
Most are hand made,as simple or fancy as you want it to be,very easy to do.
Quote from Howard Hill.( Whenever he taught someone to shoot) "Son make up your mind right now if you want to target shoot or hunt as theres a world of differance between the two"

Offline hardwaymike

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 12:36:00 PM »
Steve, that is what I was thinking and what made me put this up here. Yesterday I found a woman's "possible bag"(aka purse,lol). It is made out of heavy veg tanned leather and has a lot of fancy "carving" on it. But I am thinking about adding a belt loop to the back of it and a Kwikee Kwiver bracket to the front of it on an angle so the arrows would be pointing out of the way of my draw arm. But my real problem is that I am not a leather worker and have no idea of how to do it with out using a block of wood on the inside to screw the bracket to. Which I don't want to do because the "possible's bag" is smaller and I don't want the block of wood taking up the space. Any ideas anyone? Thanks, Mike.

2xOIF VET
Bear Cub #48@28"

Online Steve Clandinin

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2011, 01:30:00 PM »
Mike ,If you know someone who has a poprivet gun(Cheap at hardware store).Drill a hole thru the leather the same distance as the holes on the Quiver bracket.If the leather is thick enough with the rivet you won't need a backing.If the leather isn't thick enough use a thin piece of tin or aluminum that the rivets go thru,should work for ya.Good luck Steve
Quote from Howard Hill.( Whenever he taught someone to shoot) "Son make up your mind right now if you want to target shoot or hunt as theres a world of differance between the two"

Offline Mark Baker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2011, 06:54:00 PM »
Like this....

I don't have any left for sale, but I'm working on talking Tim Roberts (FarrWest Leather) into making them for me....so help me "cheer him on"!
My head is full of wanderlust, my quiver's full of hope.  I've got the urge to walk the prairie and chase the antelope! - Nimrod Neurosis

Offline smokin feathers

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2011, 07:03:00 PM »
three rivers has one kinda like that but Marks looks way better!! Come on Tim I will get in line, i was outside just a min ago shooting my acs for the first time with bow quiver on and found I have to really watch what im doing or i will shoot a couple inches to the right.
Smoke

TGMM-FAMILY OF THE BOW

Offline tim roberts

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2011, 12:11:00 PM »
Okay, okay, Mark has talked me into it!  Am not to sure when I will have some ready to ship, hunting season is all but here. Hope to have a few done next month between the opener and when I leave for elk.  If you are interested, send me a message, and we can get you one the list.
Thanks,
Tim

TGMM Family of the Bow

I guess if we run into the bear that is making these tracks, we oughta just get off the trail.......He seems to like it!  
My good friend Rudy Bonser, while hunting elk up Indian Creek.

Offline Terry Lightle

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2011, 01:15:00 PM »
Had 1 about 20 years ago or so and it worked really good but I seem to always come back to  bow quiver
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Life Member

Offline Raineman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2011, 02:47:00 PM »
It looks like there is some type of reinforcement under the leather, is there?

Mark, what is the extra leather around the hood in your picture?

If they are reinforced, I definitely want one, especially if I could mount the bracket myself for a sharper angle.

Offline tim roberts

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2011, 11:21:00 PM »
Raineman,
There is a piece of steel under the leather.  The extra leather in the picture is for the longer 190 gr. BH's that Mark shoots.  
\\Hope this helps some.
Thanks,
Tim

TGMM Family of the Bow

I guess if we run into the bear that is making these tracks, we oughta just get off the trail.......He seems to like it!  

Offline Pat B.

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2011, 11:28:00 PM »
Tim, I tried to email you via your web page and even though I typed in the security code several times it never went through..

I'd like to get one..

Offline Mark Baker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2011, 11:59:00 PM »
It's basically a steel frame, with a set angle, no adjusting.  The frame is covered with leather.

When I developed these a couple decades ago, I tried a lot of different things....aluminum instead of steel, and even one where you could "change" your quiver angle.   They either were weaker, or too bulky.   I wanted simple and bombproof.   This was it.  

There is only one other person, Marv Clynke, that I am aware of who has ever done something similar, and Marv's is a bit different, and he does'nt make them for others that I know of.  

It's the only "hang-on" type bracket, and this is a big key to it's versatility.   It is hands down the easiest on/off quiver option out there.  

The angle is specifically designed to ride high on the waist, so that your legs don't cause your fletchings to "flag"...and so that the arrows trail straight behind you for ease in going through brush.  When you kneel down, your fletchings are tight to the ground and not sticking up in the air....helps in stalking.  And if it does become a problem, one hand will remove it instantly and the hanger becomes a handle to crawl/sneak....whatever.  

Tim has agreed to build this version...the Mark Baker version, and offer it up for sale.   It has been field tested from Alaska to Texas with excellent results, for at least two decades now, and with an envious pile of "success" photos to prove it.    It is not for everyone, however, but defintely another option.  

The leather on the hood is just what Tim said, a piece that I glue and stitch on because the longer 3-1 ration heads like the 190 grizz or the big ribteks stick out a bit, and I don't want to cut my hands accidentally.  

Tim will be able to offer up some options that I never was able to do, like perhaps the hood extension...or maybe even doing the covered kwikees for folks. We still have a lot to talk about and I hope to keep throwing ideas his way!    Anyway, I'm excited for Tim to be able to do this, and have it more readily available for folks who may want one.
My head is full of wanderlust, my quiver's full of hope.  I've got the urge to walk the prairie and chase the antelope! - Nimrod Neurosis

Offline Mark Baker

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2011, 12:03:00 AM »
I should add...the holes will accept other quivers other than the kwikee.   I just like the kwikee because with the brackett, a guy can have several quivers and switch them out.   Say, one for carbons, one for primitive arrow....antelope arrows, and elk arrows,....field points for 3-D, and a hunting quiver.   One quiver caddy can serve to carry all your different arrow options.

Offline hardwaymike

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2011, 07:37:00 AM »
Mark that is exactly what I like about the kwikee kwiver. They are relatively cheap compared to buying a quiver for all your different arrows. Even cheap leather quivers are way more expensive than a kwikee quiver. Thanks for a great design. Mike. BTW the possible bag didn't work out, it was made south of the border out of really good leather by very cheap craftsmen. Oh well, I will save the leather and use it for other small projects.

2xOIF VET
Bear Cub #48@28"

Offline tim roberts

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2011, 07:24:00 PM »
Well the first brackets are ordered, should be able to get a few out by the second week of September!
Thanks,
Tim

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline smokin feathers

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2011, 07:32:00 PM »
cant wait
Smoke

TGMM-FAMILY OF THE BOW

Offline ron w

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2011, 07:52:00 PM »
I copied Mark's bracket a few years ago.....great Idea and it works well!
In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's there are few...So the most difficult thing is always to keep your beginner's mind...This is also the real secret of the arts: always be a beginner.  Shunryu Suzuki

Offline Raineman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2011, 09:28:00 PM »
Thank you for explaining everything guys. I want one. I use the Kwik-3 and have a pile of 'em. I can't stand a quiver on my bow. I also have a pile of the 6 arrow ones for small game, flu-flu, etc. I'll send a PM.

Offline ozy clint

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2011, 06:18:00 AM »
here's the one i made.

with a quick turn of the antler burr nut, it is adjustable for angle. very simple and i believe it's still bombproof.

Thick fog slowly lifts
Jagged peaks and hairy beast
Food for soul and body.

Border black douglas recurve 70# and 58# HEX6 BB2 limbs

Offline 5deer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2011, 07:22:00 PM »
i'd like to get on that list tim, please let me know and thank you.
I've  seen  things  you  people  wouldn't  believe

"Have faith in God"  Mark  11:22

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©