3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Just bought a new tipi  (Read 438 times)

Offline Mike Vines

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Just bought a new tipi
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2011, 03:31:00 PM »
Prices are all on the Seekoutside website.  Just click on the product to want and scroll down.  Click on the buy now tab to get pricing.  

I can say that the price is relative, and is in the middle of the road (price wise) when comparing all the different tipies out there.  And if you were just going by information available online, Seekoutside is tops in quality.  Only time will tell.  If you want good quality, you have to pay for it.  

I looked at it from the prospective of buyin a new longbow.  I could make one, and it might shoot OK, but I could buy an awesome custom one and have the quality be second to none.  I opted not to make my own tipi for obvious reasons, and I wasn't about to spend $200 on a Sportsmen's Guide one and be completely unhappy.
Professional Bowhunters Society Regular Member

U.S. ARMY Military Police

Michigan Longbow Association Life Member/Past President

Offline Steve Chappell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2011, 06:06:00 PM »
Mike
Good seeing you today. Hope the storm was easy on all of you at Land O Lakes. I ran into quite a storm headed home. I had actually bumped into that website looking for a titanium stove. I am very eager to see yours in action and hear what you think of it. Did you see the rollup SS stove? That is certainly a new twist! Like you, I have been looking at the Kifaru 8 man for a long time but have not be able to bring myself to cough up the money. Your kids are going to love it!
AKA - Huntfun
Professional Bowhunters Society-Regular Member
Compton Life member
Michigan Longbow Association
Michigan Traditional Bowhunters
Backcountry Hunters & Anglers

Offline arrow flynn

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2011, 06:44:00 PM »
i got one from blue star tipis over 20 yrs ago great fun my kids were 11 and 7 took it to many shoots  inoregon and ca still have it however the poles are gone it was a 16 ft model trucked it around on my ladder rack one time at a rendevu had alittle fire and pete george came and told us indian stories pete are you out there
Arrow_Flynn

Offline elkbreath

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2011, 07:05:00 PM »
I have a coulpe kifarus, and love them....however, these guys have done it up right.  The extra screen standard would have been a huge selling point for my wife!  

enjoy that tipi!  itll be a blast, I have boys those ages too and they love it.
77# @ 29.5 r/d longbow homer
80# @ 29.5 GN super Ghost

Offline Mike Vines

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2011, 10:10:00 PM »
Originally posted by Steve Chappell:
Mike
Good seeing you today. Hope the storm was easy on all of you at Land O Lakes. I ran into quite a storm headed home. I had actually bumped into that website looking for a titanium stove. I am very eager to see yours in action and hear what you think of it. Did you see the rollup SS stove? That is certainly a new twist! Like you, I have been looking at the Kifaru 8 man for a long time but have not be able to bring myself to cough up the money. Your kids are going to love it!
Yes Steve, it was nice runnin into to you as well.  As for the storm, we got hammered with rain but little if any wind.  We did luck out and that would of been a good storm to check the watertightness of the tipi.  

I did see the rollup SS one, but saw a few video reviews on both and talked with a couple guys who each had one or the other and opted for the titanium one.  

I know that comparing the 2 is like comparin apples to oranges (same product only different, I that makes sence) the Seekoutside is right about $500 less than the Kifaru if you bought an 8 man tipi, liner and large stove.
Professional Bowhunters Society Regular Member

U.S. ARMY Military Police

Michigan Longbow Association Life Member/Past President

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©