3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Surprise arrow spine  (Read 112 times)

Offline Bladepeek

• Trad Bowhunter
Surprise arrow spine
« on: August 18, 2011, 11:28:00 PM »
Just got a new (well, looks absolutely new) Lost Creek R/D long bow. 66", 48# @ 28". Previous owner said  "It's very quiet and extremely quick, it just needed a good home - I hardly shot it so it's like new! The bowyer, Chad Francis of Lost Creek Bows, said he would put this bow right up there with some of the fastest recurves, and having shot it, I believe him. It spits them out real good for a 48# bow. I wrapped the bow with newspaper as I couldn't find a bow sock for the life of me! Hope that is OK.

Enjoy the bow, and thanks again.

Mark"

Got the bow. Really looked new, except that it was all set up with double string nock points, neat little wind feather and some string silencers. Tried some of my 2117s with 175gr points and they flopped around a good bit. Got myself down to the local trad archery shop for some expert help. Shop owner suggested 1820s and pulled out an 1820 bare shat. I was pretty sure that was too soft, but he's the expert and I went to him for help. Needless to say, it flipped and flopped like a fish out of water. Next came 2020's, then 2117's, which he figured might be a little stiff. Still too soft. Getting desperate, he tried to bracket the correct spine range and pulled out a 30" 2219 145 gr bare shaft, which he knew would be too stiff. Bingo. Flew like bullets, unfletched. Said he couldn't believe that a 48# bow could use such a stiff arrow, but it's hard to argue with what you're observing. I know a lot of you guys have been through this sort of thing before, but I have to say I walked out of the shop with a new respect for my bow!
60" Bear Super K LH 40#@28
69" Matt Meacham LH 42@28
66" Swift Wing LH 35@28
54" Java Man Elk Heart LH 43@28
62"/58" RER LXR LH 44/40@28

Offline Night Wing

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Surprise arrow spine
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 11:54:00 PM »
When it comes to spine, I believe in arrow experimentation. Of all the aluminum arrow bowhunters here on TG, I would wager I'm the "only" bowhunter who shoots a 2212 arrow with my two recurves.
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 42# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 10.02
Blacktail TD Recurve: 66", 37# @ 30". Arrow: 32", 2212. PW: 75 Grains. AW: 421 Grains. GPP: 11.37

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©