3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Dan Toelke {Montana Bows} ...  (Read 202 times)

Offline AdamH

• Trad Bowhunter
Dan Toelke {Montana Bows} ...
« on: August 19, 2011, 10:28:00 PM »
Just had another Great conversation with Dan, fellas, I've been around this game for many years, talked to the finest of the finest and when your done talkin to Dan, you learn somethin every time, this Man is truely on top of his game and a World of Knowledge when it comes to archery and especially Bow Building ....

Offline chopx2

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Dan Toelke {Montana Bows} ...
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 10:30:00 PM »
I know I am "Whip"ped.

I probably should just set him up on direct deposit.
TGMM-Family of the Bow

The quest to improve is so focused on a few design aspects & compensating for hunter ineptness as to actually have reduced a bow & arrow’s effectiveness. Nothing better demonstrates this than mech. BHs & speed fixated designs

Offline Elkchaser

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2011, 11:54:00 PM »
Great summation Adam.
Dan knows how to build em and how to shoot em.
Definitely a wealth of knowledge.
No matter where you go; There you are.......

Toelke Lynx RC 58", 51@28”

Offline Green

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2011, 04:46:00 AM »
Great guy, outstanding bows...and like you said, you always learn something useful when talking to him.
ASL's, Selfbows, and Wood Arra's
Just because you are passionate about something, doesn't mean you don't suck at it.

Offline Tutanka

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2011, 08:54:00 AM »
Dan's bow are the only bows that I shoot, he a mountain of knowledge and is a great person, love my Toelke's

Offline Lamey

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2011, 10:04:00 AM »
ya'll need to stop making these Toelke posts.   Ive been fighting the urge for another classic whip and this sure isnt helping.

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2011, 08:31:00 PM »
I just got a Chinook, and am real happy with the workmanship in their shop. Not only that, but the turnaround time is short enough that I had to scramble to fund the bow, as it was done before I could start saving up for it! It was well packed, cost a fortune to ship, and had two strings and a bunch of extra stuff with it, too. Ready to go, just add arrows!

Dan and Jared are one heck of a team. Now I need to try a Whip.

Killdeer   :thumbsup:
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Offline Jim Wright

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2011, 10:09:00 PM »
I readily admit to being a "shameless Dan Toelke fan" and that has come about over a few years and Dan making me more bows than anyone deserves to have. Each of them has been superbly crafted of beautiful woods and a pleasure to own and shoot and the longest I have waited from order to delivery has been 29 days. In addition to being a superb craftsman, Adam has hit the nail on the head about Dan being a world of knowledge concerning all things archery. He is a master of form and technique and I am still amazed at how much he has taught me over the phone and by the fact that he always has time to help and still run a full time custom bow operation. I would add that in addition to all this, Dan and his son Jared are two of the best people you will ever deal with.

Offline Suty

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2011, 10:23:00 PM »
I just got my New T/D Chinook. This is Toelke #6, Of which I still have 5. I too am a "Shameless Fan of Dan's" I am going to all Takedowns so I am having to thin out my collection (Sadly). In any case, I Love his Bows, and there is not a greater guy out there. Tu Compadres, Sutty
Dryad Orion ACS Recurve 53#

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle."  Edmund Burke

Offline Looper

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2011, 10:34:00 PM »
Just so you know, it's an unspoken law around these here parts that if you mention a Toelke bow, you have to show some pictures.  :)

Offline wapiti

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2011, 01:25:00 AM »
Dan is the man i every way shape and form. went up to his place for something to do on my birthday. Jared and Dan took me fishing and had a great time.Picked up my new Whip I got myself. Since I sell the black glass Whips from my shop I have been desiring an ALL BLACK Whip. Dan used the sheaths from my ewe I shot a few years back for the tip over lays and some of the sheath for the belly portion of the riser. He left the texture to it. I must say this bow is outstanding and exactly what I had deep inside my twisted brain. She is named "Midnight Assassin" I been "Whipped" to death me thinks. its all I shoot!
“Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock.”-Will Rogers

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©