3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Fletching  (Read 112 times)

Offline MBW

• Trad Bowhunter
Fletching
« on: August 21, 2011, 12:07:00 PM »
Just started using my fletching as a second anchor point (which I like)on the tip of my nose.With that said; I am having to rotate the fletching so that the cock feather is facing in so that the feather to the left (when looking down the shaft from the nock towards the point) will touch my nose. The question is, will this affect arrow flight? My feathers are 5" parabolic, R.W. and Im using an Arizona E-Z Fletch. Thanks in advance for the help.

Sincerely,

MBW
MBW

Offline Pat B

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Fletching
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 12:22:00 PM »
It should not effect flight in most cases. I have found however that if one or two of my arrows don't fly good I will flip them so the cock feather is in and in many cases this will produce good flight. That lets me know that the stiff side of the arrow was not facing the bow until I did flip it.
  Once you release the arrow, no part of it should touch the bow if it is properly tuned and your release is good.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Coonbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, 02:32:00 PM »
I can shot mine in any orientation and have no problem with riser contact. If your arrow is spined correctly it's bending around your riser anyhow. Archers parado
Glenn

Offline bucksbuouy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2011, 02:54:00 PM »
I think the fletching might be the least important component in archery. Im sure you are fine.

Offline Downtime

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2011, 04:09:00 PM »
I shoot split finger with my middle finger touching the corner of my mouth.  Cock feather in and the hen feather touching my nose.  Slight push on my bow and let the arrow fly.  My bows  have a Hoyt or Bear rest.  I have been shooting this way for a long time.  As Coonbait stated cock feather in or out; same grouping.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©