3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Got a Predation Tag need advice  (Read 124 times)

Offline JimL

• Trad Bowhunter
Got a Predation Tag need advice
« on: August 21, 2011, 08:47:00 PM »
Wow, I got a predation tag for a doe here in Ok. It is over 100 degrees everyday here-how would you care for the meat?
...by Him to reconcile all things unto Himself; whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.   Col  1:20

Offline smokin feathers

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: Got a Predation Tag need advice
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2011, 09:05:00 PM »
have a cooler in your truck with a bag of ice in it, when you kill something gut it quick and take that bag of ice and put it in the chest cavity.  It will chill the animal quickly I do it all the time on summertime hogs. then just take it on home and skin it and get on ice or in cooler as soon as possible. Its been over a hundred for like 50 days straight and feels like normal now!! LOL
Smoke

TGMM-FAMILY OF THE BOW

Offline slivrslingr

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2011, 09:09:00 PM »
Get the meat on ice immediately, as in bring a cooler half full of ice in your vehicle and skin then debone in the field then into the cooler.  Good luck!

Offline JimL

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 07:21:00 AM »
Thanks guys.
...by Him to reconcile all things unto Himself; whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.   Col  1:20

Offline wtpops

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 10:06:00 AM »
I hunt California and its hot all the time. Like stated above start meat cool down asap. i have found that having an ice chest of ice can get expensive as we are not successful every trip so i carry an ice chest with a bunch of those refreezable ice bags or just a few frozen 1 liter Aquafina water bottles. If i get my hog i quarter or bone it out and throw it in the chest, if close to home i just head home and get it taken care of, if far from home i head to the nearest store for ice. This works well and saves on the cost of ice if i dont conect.
TGMM Family of the Bow
"OVERTHINKING" The art of creating problems that weren't even there!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©