3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: fletchings hitting bow hand?  (Read 135 times)

Offline Badwithabow

• Trad Bowhunter
fletchings hitting bow hand?
« on: August 22, 2011, 10:21:00 AM »
Ok I've got my new bow like 95% done however went I really get back into my draw and let her go the arrow kicks over and roughs up my bow hand....

If I come up a LIL bit shorter it doesn't do it.... Is this form or arra spine related? I'm shootin wasting axis 400 @ 28.5 in. Drawing about 28 inches with 200 upfront. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys
Brandon Moore
Rome,Ga

Offline Badwithabow

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: fletchings hitting bow hand?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2011, 10:25:00 AM »
This is a rd glass bow... Nocks are slightly right
Brandon Moore
Rome,Ga

Offline tmccall

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2011, 10:31:00 AM »
Only time this ever happened to me was when my brace height was too low.  You might check that...
Tony McCall

Jesus.  There is no other name...  Acts 4:12

Offline JamesKerr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2011, 11:24:00 AM »
This will occasionally happen with right wing feathers. Especially if they are very stiff. Left wing feathers never do this as they rotate away from the bow hand, this is why alot of people use them.
James Kerr

Offline last arrow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2011, 11:59:00 AM »
Knocking point may be to low, your spine is probably good.  If that does not work (you get poor arrow flight) then your shelf is cut to low for the size of your hand and you need to put a thick leather spacer under your rest and raise your knocking point to match (assuming the bow has a locator or recurve style grip).

When I have my arrow spined correctly, I expect the fletched portion of the arrow to fly over my bow hand.  The reason it doesn't do it when you short draw is because the arrow is to stiff and is bouncing of the shelf.
"all knowledge is good. All knowledge opens doors. Ignorance is what closes them." Louis M. Profeta MD

"We must learn to see and accept the whole truth, not just the parts we like." - Anne-Marie Slaughter

Michigan Traditional Bowhunters
TGMM "Family of the Bow"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©