3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: What are you hunting this year?  (Read 914 times)

Offline Golden Hawk

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: What are you hunting this year?
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2007, 10:33:00 PM »
Bear in Ontario, Deer in Michigan, Deer in Ohio ,and Deer in Illinois.
LeRoy

Charter member of TBJA (Trad Bow Junkies of America)

Offline Tyler Carlson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2007, 10:58:00 PM »
Doug S - What MT Sheep tag did you draw?
"The desert's quiet and Cleveland's cold..."

Offline styckbow

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: July 05, 2007, 12:51:00 AM »
Whitetails, Mule deer, antelope, coyotes and may even try for a pheasant with my bow all within a hour of my house Delin
Walk tall as the trees,live strong as the mountains,be gentle as the spring winds, keep the warmth of the summer sun in your heart and the Great Spirit will always be with you.

Offline Doug S

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: July 05, 2007, 09:16:00 AM »
424 Ewe tag. Did you draw? I decided I wanted to hunt sheep regardless of the horn weight.    :)
The hunt is the trophy!

Offline SteveMcD

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: July 05, 2007, 09:39:00 AM »
Whitetails! I will take a turkey or bear if the  opportunity presents itself.But, essentially I am hunting for deer.
Someday you and I will take the Great Hart by our own skill alone, and with an arrow. And then the Little Gods of the Woods will chuckle and rub their hands and say, "Look, Brothers. An Archer! The Old Times are not altogether gone!"

Offline benderofwood

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2007, 09:47:00 AM »
Here in Arkansas it will be deerand turkey all with bow; also will be hunting Mo. and Kentucky this year as well;

Now this is where you all will know I'm crazy; I will also hunt ducks here in Arkansas but I want to kill them with my longbow; Howard Hill and Ben Pearson killed ducks in Arkansas and I want to join the list; I will be filming this as I try to achieve this task;

I know......  :scared:
Hunt hard waste no meat

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: July 05, 2007, 10:50:00 AM »
The elusive Wapiti in the jungles of the Oregon coastal range....The Roosevelt variety in September

Blacktail in the tall timber of the Cascade Mountains....

A first time Whitetail hunt in Illinois!....(with a little help from a friend...)In November

Racoon in my back yard, along with catch and release blacktails with a rubber blunt.

The one i'm really looking forward too is Goose hunting with Flu flu's in my back pasture and the neighbors ajoining field. That is going to be a Hoot!!!!

Offline duck'n

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2007, 10:53:00 AM »
The usual deer, pigs, javies, and rabbits with the bow.  Doves and ducks with the scattergun along with the occasional sandhill crane, goose, or quail.  I am really looking forward to the season...I will be hunting with several new partners...my lab will be out of "school" by hunting season and my older twin girls, who turn 6 this September, are anxious to get back out for some bird hunting.  Makes the experience much more rich!

Offline Missouri Sherpa

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2007, 11:11:00 AM »
Antelope and Elk in Wyoming.  Elk in Colorado.  Whitetail deer in Iowa and maybe Missouri if I  fill the rest of my tags and have time.

Online woodchucker

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2007, 11:32:00 AM »
My "ultimate" goal this year is an Adirondack Black Squirrel!!!!!

However.....New York State Deer,Bear,Turkeys,Squirrels,are my Favorite Game.
I only shoot WOOD arrows... My kid makes them, fast as I can break them!

There is a fine line between Hunting, & Sitting there looking Stupid...

May The Great Spirit Guide Your Arrows..... Happy Hunting!!!

Offline hawgslayer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2007, 03:24:00 PM »
:bigsmyl:    :wavey:

Ray.......aka, hawgslayer

:mad:    :(    :banghead:  (no elk hunt this year)
HAWGSLAYER

07 BOB LEE HUNTER 49#'S
09 MARTIN 48#'s
CVA ACCURA 50 CAL.
BL/STAINLESS
SEMPER FI

Keep your feathers dry and your nose in the wind and become the predator that we really are.

Offline Plug

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2007, 04:43:00 PM »
Originally posted by Kirkll:
Racoon in my back yard, along with catch and release blacktails with a rubber blunt.
You may want to reconsider blunting deer.  Rubber blunting animals has killed species as large as moose and beef cattle.  I believe what happens is a lung is bruised then a blood clot breaks loose and goes to the heart.

Good luck otherwise, you're blessed with a lot of species to hunt.  :thumbsup:

Offline Tyler Carlson

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2007, 07:43:00 PM »
Doug S - I drew the 482 ewe tag. It should be fun hunting the Breaks for sheep. Good luck on your ewe hunt.
"The desert's quiet and Cleveland's cold..."

Offline Doug S

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2007, 11:37:00 PM »
Tyler,
Way to go. Show some pics. I am going late Oct or early Nov.
The hunt is the trophy!

Offline Michael Peschek

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2007, 12:57:00 AM »
First year for me! Hoping to do some hunting for deer, small game, and maybe some gobblers!

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2007, 01:16:00 AM »
Originally posted by Plug:

You may want to reconsider blunting deer.  Rubber blunting animals has killed species as large as moose and beef cattle.  I believe what happens is a lung is bruised then a blood clot breaks loose and goes to the heart.

Good luck otherwise, you're blessed with a lot of species to hunt.   :thumbsup:  [/b]
You are right on the blunting thing....learned that one the hard way.....but there is a method of glancing that blunt accross their rump where the fletched part slaps em on the arse...WaaaaaHoooo! those sucker do back flips and take off like a rocket! if i ooops....i hang em in the barn and put a tag on em....you have to have the angle just right to pull it off....

Offline OzarkRamblr

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2007, 02:25:00 AM »
Squirrels, rabbits, whitetails, fall turks & pigs...peace & quiet, time away from the every day grind.   :thumbsup:
"A friend of mine said that I'm lucky, I told him luck has nothing to do with the life I chose, we choose the life we have and don't have, so choose wisely"...Kingwouldbe

Words to live by.

TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Mooseman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2007, 03:02:00 AM »
I will try to steal time to go for Stone Sheep after a salmon fishing trip at the end of this month but ??????

Later I will go for black bear, mule deer, cougar and lynx as the year goes on.
Smile when hunting !

Offline Plug

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2007, 08:46:00 AM »
You are right on the blunting thing....learned that one the hard way.....but there is a method of glancing that blunt accross their rump where the fletched part slaps em on the arse...WaaaaaHoooo! those sucker do back flips and take off like a rocket! if i ooops....i hang em in the barn and put a tag on em....you have to have the angle just right to pull it off....
What do you mean if you "ooops" you hang them in the barn and put a tag on them?  If you bruise a deer's lungs and it dies from a blood clot chances are it'll run off seemingly unwounded and death could be hours or even days later.  How are you recovering that deer?

I hate to make an issue of this and I tried to be discreet... But rubber blunting large game animals is irresponsible and should not be advocated under any circumstances.

Offline Shakes.602

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2007, 09:26:00 AM »
A BETTER MEDICARE DRUG SUPPLEMENTARY PROVIDER!!  :mad:   And Maybe some Turkeys a Farmer Relative Wants me to Help Erradicate!!  :archer:    :goldtooth:
"Carpe Cedar" Seize the Arrow!
"Life doesn't get Simpler; it gets Shorter and Turns in Smaller Circles." Dean Torges
"Faith is to Prayer what the Feather is to the Arrow" Thomas Morrow
"Ah Think They Should Outlaw Them Thar Crossbows" A Hunting Pal

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©