3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Terrain feature question  (Read 174 times)

Offline ESP

• Trad Bowhunter
Terrain feature question
« on: August 27, 2011, 06:58:00 PM »
I have read Buckskin and Bone for the third time this year. While reading the part about headers (the top of a deep cut that runs from the ridge top to the bottom)grabbed my attention. And my question to you experts is; most of the headers that I hunt are in a bowl.  Which makes a consistent wind impossible.  So what is the trick to hunting the header?   If I would have thought of this in March I would have asked Mr. Wensel at the Ohio deer and turkey expo.  
Thanks
Eric

Offline Mark Baker

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Terrain feature question
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2011, 12:39:00 PM »
I'm no expert here, but here's some observations of mine.  Some situations are impossible...that's why the deer like it there!   I have a few similar circumstances near saddles, and such.  One thing you can do, is find the entrance/exit routes and find a more consistant wind there....like nearer the ridge line or in the saddle itself, where the wind is likely to blow one way or another.  

Good luck.
My head is full of wanderlust, my quiver's full of hope.  I've got the urge to walk the prairie and chase the antelope! - Nimrod Neurosis

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©