3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Arrow flight problems, East Coast, USA?  (Read 546 times)

Offline Coonbait

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Arrow flight problems, East Coast, USA?
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2011, 01:03:00 PM »
Ken 40 sounds AWESOME! Bucks like it to!
Glenn

Offline bentpole

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2011, 01:17:00 PM »
Predictions say once the rivers crest up here it will be  worse than the 1984 Hurricane.   :knothead:   Thank God we never bought in the flood plan.   :archer:

Offline L. E. Carroll

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2011, 01:29:00 PM »
I heard recently that what was taken as an Earthquake in the DC area was actually our Founding Fathers Turning Over In Their Graves.

I hope all of you got thru the Huricane Safely.
I've been glued to the TV, watching CNN and Fox news and praying for you.  :wavey:
Tall Tines R/C
64 Kodiak
69 Super Kodiak Big River replica
56" 55$# Static Tipped Kwyk Styk
Blacktail Elite
54 dual shelf Compass Kodiak

PBS Associate Member
Traditional Bowhunters of WA.

Offline Butch L

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2011, 02:18:00 PM »
Mostly just wind here. Did get some rain, but not as much as predicted. Wind is still howling and is supposed to last till 8pm-ish. I'm approximately 1/2 mile from the ocean (southwest corner of Narragansett Bay). I went out at 8am for the paper- lots of leaves and limbs down and a few trees. We still have power, but 180,000 in RI and 200,000 in MA do not have power. I would say that my family and I lucked out.

Butch L
TGMM Family of the Bow

Offline Doc Nock

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2011, 02:53:00 PM »
Magnus wrote that Charlie (AKA Stringstretcher) is doing ok and mostly rain and wind.

Bernie kept us all informed PM that he's ok...lost trees and limbs, but the ladder stood!  :)

Annapolis buddy told me they were outa power..waiting on it to return. His relatives up New ENgland were getting hammered, some power outages.  :(

Calm but getting very dark again here. We had hellacious wind and torrential rain nearby...blew my gas grill over!   :eek:   didn't expect that, but no serious damage locally I know about.

Tween rain and wind, arrows would fly worth a tinker's drat!  :)
The words "Child" and "terminal illness" should never share the same sentence! Those who care-do, others question!

TGMM Family of the Bow

Sasquatch LB

Offline canopyboy

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2011, 03:22:00 PM »
Lost power about 1am.  My own tree took out the neighborhood.  Embarrassing as I have a side business as an arborist...

But I did hit the range about 10 something.  Killdeer didn't make it, but then again I was an 2 hrs late...  Funny, the big wind gusts did make a difference.  Especially when I decided to try my luck on the 80yd targets.  I did come home short an arrow....
TGMM Family of the Bow
Professional Bowhunters Society

"The earth has its music for those who will listen." - Santayana

Offline DannyBows

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2011, 03:59:00 PM »
I had a tense night on the boat, lying in a sopping wet bunk, deafening sound of rain pounding the coach-house, and checking the bilge every hour or so. Haven't slept in 36 hours between all the prepping and then the storm.

The Eye was right on top of us at the peak high tide. I had just over 1 foot of piling left til my transom came loose at the peak. It was a close thing for sure. The water was so high that the ramps down to the docks were under water.

I couldn't shoot any arrows though. I took all my bows and valuable archery gear to my storage unit before the storm. Losing the boat would be tough, losing my bows at the same time would have been devastating!

Thank God it wasn't worse, and Prayers for the folks that died or had property damage. I just heard that 18 so far have died, some from electrocution.
"Always feel the wind, and walk just like the leaves".  ("LongBow Country"--Chad Slagle, "High, Wild, and Free").

Offline GRINCH

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2011, 04:03:00 PM »
Danny glad you made it,sounds like you had one insane night.
TGMM Family of The Bow,
USN 1973-1995

Offline pdk25

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2011, 04:30:00 PM »
Hope all of you NJ boys didn't have too much damage and stayed safe.  When I was there I lived 2 blocks from the beach, and would have had serious problems with this storm.

Offline WhiteOaks

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2011, 04:44:00 PM »
My arrows were squirrely Thurday and Friday but all is well.
A world of opportunities awaits upwind but nothing waits downwind.

HH Wesley Special
Two Tracks Echo
Mohantongo Redtail
Mohawk Sparrow Hawk
Bear Alaskan
Bear Super 48
1958 Bear Kodiak

Offline Killdeer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2011, 04:49:00 PM »
Dave, I was there yesterday for the charity shoot.
This morning was for a book and coffee on the balcony, with a curtain of fine rain for a peaceful backdrop.

Playing Slip-n-Slide on a muddy, steep 3D course was not in the cards.   :nono:  
Killdeer
Long, long afterward, in an oak I found the arrow, still unbroke;
And the song, from beginning to end, I found again in the heart of a friend.

~Longfellow

TGMM Family Of The Bow

Online Keefer

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2011, 05:50:00 PM »
We lost power at 6:35p.m. last night and got it back Thanks to the linemen at 2:40 p.m this afternoon...We were "Very Blessed" we didn't get the flooding cause I can shoot an arrow to the creek from my backyard...Our benchmark is either 13 or 23 Feet above highest tide...I can't remember but I sat in the reliner cause we had a few Tornado's very near our area..One in the next town but I don't think it actually touched the ground...Too dark to tell but with that I stayed up checking the yard every hour or two to see if water was lapping against the house...This afternoon I actaully watched the back end of Irene leave and blue skys directly behind it..We stood directly under the line as it left our yard and let the sunshine come upon our faces..Our little daughter Kaci waved buy buy to her..That storm reminded me of some scary old lady I once knew that scared the heck out of me when she came into our home but was very gentle as she left...The winds were very strong with little brances scattered everywhere but nothing that can't be cleaned up in a few hours...We got somewhere from 8 to 12 ' rain fall from the storm ...I thank the News broadcasters and our linemen for a job well done in forwarning us and keeping us up to date on the movement of this storm But most importantly I thank God for answered prayer...God Bless All, Keefer's <><  :wavey:

Offline DannyBows

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2011, 05:51:00 PM »
I'd like to Thank all you folks that expressed concern and Prayers, in the Forum and thru PM's. This group is the best!

My own Boss, who I bleed for, hasn't even bothered to call, and only one co-worker. Says all I need to know about people.
"Always feel the wind, and walk just like the leaves".  ("LongBow Country"--Chad Slagle, "High, Wild, and Free").

Offline lpcjon2

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2011, 08:16:00 PM »
All is well in south Jersey( Atlantic County ). more wood flew from trees than my bow could shoot, some of the tourist towns that dont put the money into preserving and replacing the street drainage got to watch the ocean and the bay come together for a night of water passion. But as with every storm that threatens the shore,more people will sit it out at home when the next one comes ( which will probably be worst) and then things will be bad. I give thanks to all the Emergency Managment along with Police, Fire, And EMS people who stayed to help evacuate people and keep a protective blanket over us all. Tim
Some people live an entire lifetime and wonder if they have ever made a
difference in the world, but the Marines don’t have that problem.
—President Ronald Reagan

Offline mscampbell75

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2011, 09:05:00 PM »
Yep, Had to get out and shoot yesterday as Irene hit our coast.  Thankfully we only have 20mph wind with gust up to 35mph here at home.  Prayers sent out to those with much harsher conditions.
Psalm 86:11   Teach me thy way, O LORD; I will walk in thy truth: unite my heart to fear thy name.

Black Creek Banshee T/D  49#@28
Iron Mountain R/D Longbow  53#@28
70's Bear Kodiak Hunter 45#@28

Offline Recurve50 LBS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2011, 09:06:00 PM »
I've never shot better than I have today during Irene's visit to NJ.
  :archer2:
Larry W.

Member TANJ

NRA Life Member

56" 45#@28" Thunder Stick Mag
62" 45#@28" Turkey Creek Longbow
1966 42#@28" Bear Grizley

Offline Recurve50 LBS

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2011, 09:16:00 PM »
We were fortunate here. The storm really kicked into high gear around 4am. At 4:10 the wind managed to break the original 100 year old latches on our front porch windows making them swing wide open. Thankfully I was able to get them secured quickly with the help of my son and Mom without having one single pane break. Has anyone ever tried waking up a 14 year old boy at 4am for an emergency? Holy cow! Talk about slow! I had to yell at him to move his butt.

Other than that we suffered no other damage and only got about a gallon of water into the basement. Oh we also only lost power for 3  minutes. I'm glad we prepped prior to this storm.

Tomorrow after I clean up the yard I'll be back to shooting!
Larry W.

Member TANJ

NRA Life Member

56" 45#@28" Thunder Stick Mag
62" 45#@28" Turkey Creek Longbow
1966 42#@28" Bear Grizley

Offline DannyBows

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2011, 09:29:00 PM »
Tomorrow I'll get to my storage unit and grab a bow and a few arrows so I can get back to practice. Seasons right around the corner. I feel lost without a bow within reach.

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2011, 09:31:00 PM »
I have thousands and thousands in damage!! Trees still coming down, lost my pool, my deck and quite a few trees and we still have gusts up to 70-80mph as I type this!! Bad!! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Swamp Yankee

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2011, 09:33:00 PM »
It'll be fine after we get through the locusts next week ;-)
"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
- William Arthur Ward
Black Widow PSAV 42#@29
Collection of Red Wing Hunters
Northern Mist Superior 43#@28
Blue Ridge Snowy Mt 51#@30"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©