3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Bareshaft Confusion  (Read 355 times)

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Bareshaft Confusion
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2011, 01:20:00 PM »
You look pretty good, I would fletch them up and throw a broadhead on and shoot. Have someone stand behind you and look over your shoulder and have them check flight. If the arrow after 10 ft. looks like a ball going straight to the target you are good, they should see just the fletching as a ball in a tight spin! Shawn
Shawn

Offline Shawn Leonard

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2011, 01:23:00 PM »
What did you end up with for arrow and point combo? A quarter inch will stiffen them quite a bit under 30"s. It is funny when a carbon is over 30"s, say 31.5"s cutting a quarter inch stiffens them only slightly but when you get down to 30"s and cut a quarter inch off, it stiffens them quite a bit more. Shawn
Shawn

Offline burch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2011, 01:23:00 PM »
Originally posted by Javi:

Originally posted by burch:
This is about as good as I can shoot. I ran my testing at 15yrds. The shafts hit pretty close as far as grouping goes. The bare shafts hit about 2" right and 2" low, nocks high. I need honest opinions good or bad please.

You're good to go, but if you're going to hunt with that setup I'd throw some BH on a couple of fletched sgafts and see how they group compared to the FPs.. [/b]
I haven`t bought my BH`s yet since I wasn`t sure about point weight, but I plan on tuning BH`s also. This set up has 125gr tip.

Offline burch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2011, 01:28:00 PM »
The fletched shafts are about 1" apart and bare shafts are about 1" apart but the over all group is 2" apart. I`d really like to tighten up the group but i`m afraid of changing too much since it might widen up the group. Maybe I should just go ahead and fletch a couple more shafts and just shoot `em for a week or so and see if I can tighten it up with practice.

Offline burch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2011, 01:34:00 PM »
Originally posted by Shawn Leonard:
What did you end up with for arrow and point combo? A quarter inch will stiffen them quite a bit under 30"s. It is funny when a carbon is over 30"s, say 31.5"s cutting a quarter inch stiffens them only slightly but when you get down to 30"s and cut a quarter inch off, it stiffens them quite a bit more. Shawn
Total weight is about 413 grains. The shafts are 29 3/4" with a 125gr. point.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©