3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Gear/clothing question for the pros out West...  (Read 301 times)

Offline Bjorn

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Gear/clothing question for the pros out West...
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2011, 07:37:00 PM »
2-3 layers, polypro, wool, fleece, be prepared for big change in weather. Cabela's microtex is good stuff.
A lot has to do with whether you stalk or sit.

Offline Orion

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
  • Contributing Member
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2011, 07:48:00 PM »
I wear wool almost exclusively.  Usually have a light set, 18 oz., and a heavier set 24 - 30 oz.  And a wool vest, hat and gloves.  Duofold (cotton-wool) underwear/tops and bottoms when needed.   Polypropelene and polyesters begin to stink on me after just a few hours.

Most mild days, light wool pants and shirt, with a duofold undershirt and wool vest is all that's needed, with the vest usually coming off fairly quickly.  On cold days, I may wear duofold bottoms with  heavier wool pants, duofold top with one or two wool shirts and vest.  Have never needed more than that.

Online fisherick

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2011, 09:12:00 PM »
I assume you'll be bowhunting in September in Colorado etc. The tempertures will range from 20* - 90* and average 35*-75* with morning frosts, warming up by 10am, followed by afternoon thunderstorms/hail and back to sunshine, then falling temps at dark. This means keep several layers available. I like a base layer or two from BPS- Envio skin, or Cabelas- MTP, with merino wool socks, Cabelas Microtex shirt and pants, a Wind Pro fleece vest, a Gore-Tex boonie hat and a Cabelas Space Rain suit if needed. I also keep a non-camo down vest and a wool jac-shirt at camp for morning/evening camp use. All clothes mentioned are quick drying, reasonally priced and are often on sale. The new Kuiu line and Sitka line are excellent, but o/o my budget.

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©