3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Getting close!  (Read 133 times)

Offline awbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
Getting close!
« on: August 31, 2011, 10:19:00 AM »
With my first elk hunt to Colorado coming ever so close (9/9-9/19), I have to admit that I have been getting the urge to pack the Bowtech along. I have been doubting myself whether I was REALLY willing to come home empty handed because I would be carrying only a recurve .... after much debate I said HECK YA!!!!!!!!!!!  GO BIG OR GO HOME!!!  :pray:    :pray:    :pray:
62" Super D, 47#s @ 25-1/2"
58" TS Mag, 53#s @ 26"
56" Bighorn, 46#s @ 26.5"

Offline Kip

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Getting close!
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 10:32:00 AM »
Good luck Fred will be waiting for a story.  :thumbsup:  Kip

Offline awbowman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 10:37:00 AM »
Man I want to leave BAD!  The excitement is killing me.  

On a differnt note, let's try and have a Traditional Public land Smackdown this year.  I was thinking Indian Bayou NWR which is about 5 minutes from my camp.  We can go early to beat the pressure, or late when the rut is on.  I'll post up under Louisiana Forum to see if we can get some interest.  We can use my camp.  It sleeps enough I would think.
62" Super D, 47#s @ 25-1/2"
58" TS Mag, 53#s @ 26"
56" Bighorn, 46#s @ 26.5"

Offline team fudd

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 10:49:00 AM »
I had the same thoughts as I got ready for my bear hunt this spring.  I had not shot my compound for over a year but spent a lot of time thinking and decided I would do it my way, regardless of what everybody else had to say, or I would not do it at all.  I achieved a level of satisfaction when I killed my bear this spring that I would have never felt if I had carried a compound or lord forbid, a rifle.  Good luck to you and stick to your convictions, it will serve you well.

Offline centaur

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 11:11:00 AM »
I'm heading out this afternoon to look for wapitis, and I will have the only stickbow in camp. It is a matter of personal choice, and whether or not I bring home an elk is not as relevant to me as how I do it. If the compound guys bring meat home and I don't, it won't be the first time, and probably not the last. Besides, they may take pity on me and give me an elk quarter   :bigsmyl: .
If you don't like cops, next time you need help, call Al Sharpton

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©