3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Hunters Point Guide Service  (Read 991 times)

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Hunters Point Guide Service
« Reply #60 on: September 16, 2011, 05:31:00 PM »
I talked to him today. I think only 8 hunters this week mostly from this site. They have had crazy rain for 2 days so only had 2 good days of hunting. I think he said they had 3 bears so far but the good news is that the good days were more "normal" in terms of bear sightings. Wish I could make it up there for  a couple of days next week but just can't get away. it's going to be good for those that make it.
The best things in life....aren't things!

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #61 on: September 18, 2011, 11:45:00 AM »
Today is Sunday so last week's hunt is over. They had terrible weather but on the days it was good the hunting was good. Eldon only had 11 hunters and they took 7 bear....four trad, one compound and two firearms. As soon as I get some pics and more info I will post. Everyone had shooting...not everyone connected.

Offline Terry Lightle

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #62 on: September 18, 2011, 02:00:00 PM »
Bill,thanks for the reports .Keep them coming and give us reports on moose hunting too if possible when it starts
Compton Traditional Bowhunters Life Member

Offline PA stickbow boy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #63 on: September 19, 2011, 04:47:00 PM »
Man I wish I could make it back up for the last week.  Just isn't possible.  Was hard not to get discouraged but I tried to keep positive. Maybe I'll be able to go again next year.
Keep the sun at your back and the wind in your face.

Offline rushlush

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #64 on: September 19, 2011, 05:09:00 PM »
Headed back home... Still. Had a great time. Met some really cool people. Eldon and his crew are top notch. Saw bears, took a shot at one but he spooked me (lol) and the arrow sailed right over it's back. All in all it was a great experience.

Offline tradbower

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #65 on: September 19, 2011, 05:29:00 PM »
Just made it home about 2pm CT. Have to agree with rushluh,met some great people, saw bear  I didnt get to drop the string, but thats hunting. All I can say is that Eldon , puts on a great hunt. If the Sun Shines and the Crick dont rise I will be back next year. This was my first bear hunt Iam hooked.    :thumbsup:
"Never to old to learn something new"

Offline xroadshunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #66 on: September 19, 2011, 07:20:00 PM »
We are still driving home. Had a great time rain and shine.  Good company good hunting and a bunch of new friends. Will be back again next year.

Offline Gatekeeper

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #67 on: September 19, 2011, 09:49:00 PM »
Originally posted by xroadshunter:
We are still driving home. Had a great time rain and shine.  Good company good hunting and a bunch of new friends. Will be back again next year.
George, are you bring back a bear? Drive safe buddy!   :archer2:
TGMM Family of the Bow   A member since 6/5/09

“I can tell by your hat that you’re not from around here.”

Casher from Brookshires Food Store in Albany, Texas during 2009 Pig Gig

Offline ranger 3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #68 on: September 20, 2011, 01:53:00 PM »
Just got back from Eldon's place and had a great time. No bear taken but got some video of a pair of cubs just click on the pic.

Black widow PLX 48@28
Black widow PSRX 48@28

Offline xroadshunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #69 on: September 20, 2011, 05:05:00 PM »
Didn't bring back a bear Tom, but had a blast.  I'll be posting a story in a day or two after I get caught up.

Offline steve helstowski

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #70 on: September 20, 2011, 09:26:00 PM »
Just wanted to drop a line and hope everyone had a safe journey home.To say we had tough conditions would be an understatement!  It was a pleasure meeting everyone and hope to share camps and hunts in the future.special shout out to eldon and the boys for bending over backwards for us.

Offline 2020

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #71 on: September 21, 2011, 08:31:00 AM »
Third week up at Eldons was tough hunting!But as anyone knows bear or no bear Eldons place is still fun,Eldons jokes and the guides are second to none.I was lucky and shot a bear on the fifth night,the first bear I saw,a dry sow live weight around 175 pounds.Very Happy!Seems the bears seen and taken are bigger then average this year.Met some trad guys and talked about hunting clothes,bows arrows,broadheads,which is always fun.Hope all had safe trips home and maybe see you there again,I believe this was my sixth year and will return again in the future!

Offline 2020

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #72 on: September 21, 2011, 08:38:00 AM »
By the way steve shot a 200 plus pound dry sow on the fifth day also,I think it was the second bear he saw,perfect shot from his schafer and stos setup,not bad for a 24" draw lenght,HA HA.If you think about going west or north for a back country hunt goto Maine late season and sit in the rain for 6 hours with 15 mile an hour winds, gusts to 25 to 30 mph,great gear check,sitka preformed great well worth the cost to be dry and comfortable!

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #73 on: September 21, 2011, 12:28:00 PM »
Hey Chris....story, pics????????

Offline 2020

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #74 on: September 21, 2011, 09:27:00 PM »
my story is I started the week with my tall tines but after 3 days in the tree an injury in my neck 2 bad vertibres 1 that will touch my spinal cord sometimes and cause serious pain I switched to my back up weapon, my compound and made a perfect shot,wheel bow in the hand but traditional in the brain,the injury has been being treated for awhile it did not happen up there.The blood trail was 20 yards,steve can tell his story but who ever says you cant get good blood from a small 2 blade head should have seen his blood trail,40 yard recovery.Good times.Good luck boys in the last week shoot straight.

Offline tradbower

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #75 on: September 26, 2011, 06:43:00 PM »
Just wondering how the last week of bear season went.
"Never to old to learn something new"

Offline Earl Jeff

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #76 on: September 26, 2011, 09:55:00 PM »
any updates bill

Offline ranger 3

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #77 on: September 27, 2011, 07:43:00 AM »
How's the hand coming along Earl?
Black widow PLX 48@28
Black widow PSRX 48@28

Offline Bill Carlsen

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #78 on: September 27, 2011, 08:23:00 AM »
The last week was a nightmare. Terrible weather and only one bear killed on the last evening. The good news is that Eldon did better in terms of hunter success than any other guide service in the area that I am aware of. The other good news is that this the first week of moose season and he has 100% with bowhunters and moose. So, at the end of the week I will, perhaps, have some story(ies) to share. I know that at least one bowhunter is trad...don't know about the other 2 guys.

Offline dpg

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #79 on: September 27, 2011, 10:26:00 AM »
Bill-
I'm sure there will be tales to tell and anxiously await the stories. Nothing like a Maine moose hunt!

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©