3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: New Blind Chair  (Read 164 times)

Offline JimB

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
New Blind Chair
« on: September 03, 2011, 12:37:00 PM »
Well,a couple weeks ago I posted about the little GCI Outdoor chair I got for in the blind.It weighs 4 lbs,is good for shooting out of but a morning in the blind let me know it wasn't that comfortable.The back rest is too low and it is a little small.

I had to drive through Reno a few days ago and stopped at the Cabelas store to shake my legs.They had two similar but larger blind chairs,the Double Bull Magnum(camo)and one by Timber Ridge Hunting Gear(black).

The two chairs were close to identical and both were very comfortable,much more so than the little GCI.The Timber Ridge was on sale for $19.95 and only the floor model was left but they sold me that one.

I'm happy as a clam with this one.The low spot in the seat is 16" high,the back rest is 20" wide,and each side of the triangular seat is 20".I'm 5"8" and the back rest reaches the lower part of my shoulder blades.It makes all the difference in the world.The weight is 5lbs 14.6 oz.

I checked the Cabelas site this morning and they showed them in stock and on sale at $19.95.Just a heads up.

Offline koger

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: New Blind Chair
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2011, 01:40:00 PM »
Nearly identical to the db mag chair, my go to for blind and ground hunting. I beleive I was one of the guys who responded to your post, glad the chair worked out for you.
samuel koger

Offline JimB

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2011, 03:51:00 PM »
Thanks Sam.You are right about the Double Bull.Well,I'll use the small chair for practice at home and the bigger one can stay in the antelope blind.

Offline Thirdypointer

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2011, 10:21:00 PM »
I most comfy chair i used so far is the Magnus Rack Pac, pricey, but you can fall asleep in it!

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2011, 10:11:00 AM »
Originally posted by koger:
Nearly identical to the db mag chair, my go to for blond and ground hunting. I beleive I was one of the guys who responded to your post, glad the chair worked out for you.
So, how many blonds have you bagged? I want to go next time with you!

Sorry, I could not resist. I was laughing pretty good when I typed this post.

Seriously though, I like my Woodsey Too ground blind chair. They are heavy so not so good for moving around. They are great for permanent ground blinds though.

Bisch

Offline koger

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2011, 10:54:00 AM »
All right Bisch, I will fix the typo, worked nearly 60 hours this week, not too detail oriented at this time!
samuel koger

Offline straitera

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2011, 11:20:00 AM »
Found a similar chair a bit taller. Lightweight & no arms to get in the way. Much obliged for your initial heads up as w/this new chair also. My openair groundblind is up & ready. Come on October.
Buddy Bell

Trad is 60% mental & about 40% mental.

Offline JimB

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2011, 12:38:00 PM »
What chair did you find Buddy?

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©