3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: New Ambush bow, well worth the $$$  (Read 213 times)

Offline Mike Vines

• Trad Bowhunter
New Ambush bow, well worth the $$$
« on: September 05, 2011, 03:41:00 PM »
I had bought some wool boot insoles from Chris and Chuck at    http://www.twotracksbow.com/    back about a month ago at the Great Lakes Longbow Invitational, and like everyone does, I love to window shop.  Chuck had a nice supply of his Longwalker and Ambush bows on hand, but one just kept my attention.  It was a walnut with purpleheart I-beam riser with walnut burl limbs under clear glass.  Now what kept my attention is the fact that the bow was 50" tip to tip and 49# @ 28".  The bow looked like something my 6 year old would be carrying around due to it's size, but how would this thing work at the weight it says?  That question kept popping into my head the 4 days I was there, and I ended up going home without the Ambush I was window shopping.

Fast forward a month, and I see a thread title about Two Tracks being on TV, so I visit the thread and see he has a new website.  I click on the new site and low and behold that very same bow is not sold yet.  Well, I'm one to listen to fate, so I called Chuck and told him I'll take the "Little" Ambush bow.

I drove up there yesterday with my sons and spent a wonderful day on the Deshler farm shooting bows, and swapping hunting stories.  I only took one shot with the Ambush before I was reaching in my pocket to pay the asking price before someone else showed up to take this gem away from me.  It took me 3 arrows before I was stacking arrows from 7 yards out to 20 yards.  

Chuck told me it's a good thing I make arrows, because I sure was putting a hurt on the ones I brought.  I know it's a little close to hunting season to change bows, but I have a funny feeling this bow is going to find a spot at the top of my go to list, even edging out my RER LXR.

I'm 6'3" 220 pounds and have a true 28" draw.  I shoot 3 fingers under, and I can honestly say that I felt little if any finger pinch.  Using a fast flight string, there was a very noticeable twang to the string when the arrow was loosed, so chuck went into his shop and came out with a couple of his prototype silencers.  We unstrung the bow (using a recurve stringer) and inserted the silencers.  One shot with the bow and all you could hear was a click then thunk.  Twang was gone, but what was the click?  A dozen more shots revealed that the click was from the arrow nock coming off the string, and the thunk was from the arrow hitting the target with full on authority.  Why Chuck has not marketed his silencers yet is beyond me, but I can honestly say when he does, you all would simply be amazed at the quietness your bow is capable of.

Chuck and Chris make quality products at a very reasonable price.  I would not hesitate to buy anything from them in the future.

Just a couple pics of my new Ambush bow.

Professional Bowhunters Society Regular Member

U.S. ARMY Military Police

Michigan Longbow Association Life Member/Past President

Offline GRINCH

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
Re: New Ambush bow, well worth the $$$
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 03:43:00 PM »
Very Nice Bow.  :thumbsup:    :thumbsup:
TGMM Family of The Bow,
USN 1973-1995

Offline Coonbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2011, 03:46:00 PM »
What kind of matieral are the silencers made from?
Glenn

Offline Mike Vines

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2011, 04:03:00 PM »
Originally posted by Coonbait:
What kind of matieral are the silencers made from?
Glenn
I can not say due to the fact that I do not know.  All I do know is they work, and work well.

Offline owlbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2011, 05:00:00 PM »
Glenn, I have some of Chuck's prototype wool silencers. They are made from raw wool and my experience with them so far has been very good. Easy to install, and they quiet the bow nicely.
Advice from The Buck:"Only little girls shoot spikers!"

Offline Gen273

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2011, 05:09:00 PM »
Congrats!!!
Jesus Saves (ROM 10:13)

Offline DannyBows

• Contributing Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2011, 07:55:00 PM »
Chuck's silencers are excellent.
"Always feel the wind, and walk just like the leaves".  ("LongBow Country"--Chad Slagle, "High, Wild, and Free").

Offline Izzy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2011, 07:57:00 PM »
Mike, you really got my attention with that bow. Gotta get the boy a killing bow for next year and Im still up in the air but these are cool. By the way, whos freaking yard is that? Looks like a piece of heaven

Offline YORNOC

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2011, 08:00:00 PM »
Make sure ya skin 'em Izz!
David M. Conroy

Offline Mike Vines

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2011, 08:12:00 PM »
Originally posted by Izzy:
Mike, you really got my attention with that bow. Gotta get the boy a killing bow for next year and Im still up in the air but these are cool. By the way, whos freaking yard is that? Looks like a piece of heaven
As soon as my boys can shoot this one, it will be theirs, that or I'll just buy them theirown.

That is my little slice of paradice.  That is the whole reason I built the deck with tempered glass railings.  I bought the place because of the back "yard" and when I'm out there I don't want to look thru typical prison bars used for most railings.

Online Over&Under

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2011, 10:46:00 PM »
Definately can't go wrong with one of Chuck's Ambush Recurves...They are bee's knee's!!
“Elk (add hogs to the list) are not hard to hit....they're just easy to miss"          :)
TGMM

Offline SELFBOW19953

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2011, 10:12:00 AM »
I love my Ambush!!  The form, fit, and finish are top notch, some of the best out there.  And the performance-Ambush recurves shoot as good as they look.  There's no finger pinch out of this 50" bow. Mine throws my 700 gr wood shafts hard and accurately.
SELFBOW19953
USAF Retired (1971-1991)
"Somehow, I feel that arrows made of wood are more in keeping with the spirit of old-time archery and require more of the archer himself than a more modern arrow."  Howard Hill from "Hunting The Hard Way"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©