3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Tree stand set up?  (Read 117 times)

Offline paoloi

• Trad Bowhunter
Tree stand set up?
« on: September 05, 2011, 09:54:00 PM »
I am up here in N.E. Ohio and going into my second year as a trad. hunter (two blown oppertunities last season). So, the question is, where do most of you guys set your stands, paths of travel? How about scrapes and rubs? I know some rubs are on travel lanes, but what if they appear to be isolated? Anyway, looking for any helpful tips on stand placement, this learning curve is a tough one.

Re: Tree stand set up?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 10:15:00 PM »
i would stay on trails and funnels, you can waist alot of time watching scrapes , if theyer not being used regularly..if your dry now hunt water...

Offline ishiwannabe

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2011, 10:19:00 PM »
Funnels for sure. Just remember many things make up a funnel. Cover...terrain are just a couple.
"I lost arrows and didnt even shoot at a rabbit" Charlie after the Island of Trees.
                         -Jamie

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2011, 10:53:00 PM »
I like to find a well used trail, I set-up 15 to 20 yards off of the trail. If a scrape is being used and You can smell the ammonia, That's a tall-tell sign it is being used.

Sit up or down trail from the scrape or better yet a trail cam to tell what is there.

Offline LV2HUNT

• Tradbowhunter
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2011, 06:26:00 AM »
Whitetails Tactics With Recurves & Longbows by Jim Hamm is an inexpensive paperback that will put you well ahead of the curve. It is a small enjoyable book that will really improve your whitetail hunting.

http://www.kustomkingarchery.com/Whitetail-Tactics---Book/productinfo/6909/

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©