3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: Gene Wensel to speak in Springfield IL on Saturday, 9/10  (Read 294 times)

Offline Wary Buck

• Trad Bowhunter
Gene Wensel to speak in Springfield IL on Saturday, 9/10
« on: September 09, 2011, 03:03:00 AM »
Just in case anyone's having a tough time getting pumped for hunting seasons, I thought I'd help...

If anyone's within driving range of Springfield, IL, I just wanted to let you know that TradGangers Mike Mitten, Gene Wensel and myself will be at the Scheels All-Sports Store there (3801 So. MacArthur Blvd) on Saturday, Sept. 10 to present hunting seminars sponsored by Sitka Gear.  We'll be on hand at least from 1-6 p.m., with us likely to be around before that as well.  

The actual seminars begin at 2 p.m. when I'll address early-season whitetail hunting.  At 3, Mike will talk about do-it-yourself hunts in the wilderness.  At 4, Gene will address the wind as it pertains to whitetails, and then at 5, we'll all three sit on a whitetail panel taking questions.  Sitka Gear will also give away a Flash 20 pack to one lucky seminar attendee.

Of course our books and DVDs will be available, but I look forward to meeting some folks from outside my usual neck of the woods.  The new Scheels store is pretty amazing as well.  Just thought I'd give you all a heads up in the area, and I apologize if one of the other guys has already done the same.  Been underwater here recently prepping for this event so could have missed it.

"Here's a picture of me when I was younger."
"Heck, every picture is of you when you were younger."
--from Again to Carthage, John L. Parker, Jr.

Offline recurve3

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: Gene Wensel to speak in Springfield IL on Saturday, 9/10
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 08:11:00 AM »
Thanks for the heads Up. I live in springfield, but had not heard this.

Thanks again
Tom

Offline JoeM

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, 06:33:00 PM »
TTT
"...there are no words that can tell the hidden spirit of the wilderness, that can reveal its mystery, its melancholy, and its charm."  Teddy Roosevelt

Offline DuffyRP

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2011, 07:51:00 PM »
You could have made it a little harder to register.  See you tomorrow.
United Bowhunters of Illinois
Traditional Archery Society
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
TGMM Family of the Bow

Online flint kemper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2011, 08:15:00 PM »
Unfortunately I have a family wedding to attend; sister in law otherwise I would be there. I do not like it either only 14 miles from my house!

Offline KevO

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2011, 09:51:00 PM »
Dang!  I wish I would have known about this earlier.

Offline Wary Buck

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2011, 07:33:00 PM »
Hey, posted this info a while back, but then thought about it again and posted it a couple nights out (which I know was late).  Should've done a reminder a week out or so?  

Actually you could walk-in at the event (I knew this, and should've mentioned it).  Scheels does the pre-registration thing to kind of get a handle on the crowd, etc., but I wonder if it also gives the impression that if one's not pre-registered they cannot attend.  I'll pass that thought along to management there.

Attendance wouldn't set any records, but those in the crowd were serious hunters and there was some good give-and-take.  I enjoyed the day tremendously, met some nice folks, and Scheels is now carrying the books/DVDs of Mike's, Gene's and mine.  And of course any time spent with Mike and Gene is valuable.
"Here's a picture of me when I was younger."
"Heck, every picture is of you when you were younger."
--from Again to Carthage, John L. Parker, Jr.

Offline Steve in Canton

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2011, 09:37:00 PM »
Was at that Scheels last weekend while at a family reunion.  Sure wished they carried your books then i would have bought some.

Offline geales

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2011, 09:53:00 PM »
Bryce,
I had a great time. Winning the Sitka pack was also nice! I appreciate the time you all gave everyone there. It really got me excited about the coming season. Good luck on Thursday. I'm also waiting on Mike's report from Utah.

P.S. My wife already tried to claim the pack.
"Who is John Galt?"

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©