3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: We will never forget (new design)  (Read 570 times)

Offline steadman

• Trad Bowhunter
We will never forget (new design)
« on: September 09, 2011, 01:16:00 PM »
With the 10th anniversary of 9/11 coming up, I thought that this design would be a greattribute to those who have fought and died, and sacrificed all they have for us. Thanks to Sal for coming up with the idea. Thank you to all who have served or will serve for this great country and preserve our freedoms that allow us to enjoy the priveleges we have     :clapper:    

" Just concentrate and don't freak out next time" my son Tyler(age 7) giving advise after watching me miss a big mulie.

Re: We will never forget (new design)
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2011, 01:20:00 PM »
That's an awesome design! How does one get a shirt with that on it? I don't see it on your website.

Bisch

Offline steadman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2011, 01:23:00 PM »
I haven't done shirts yet. I will have to get on that  :)
" Just concentrate and don't freak out next time" my son Tyler(age 7) giving advise after watching me miss a big mulie.

Offline KentuckyTJ

• SPONSOR
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2011, 02:10:00 PM »
Very cool Ryan
www.zipperbows.com
The fulfillment of your hunt is determined by the amount of effort you put into it  >>>---->

Online oxnam

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2011, 02:26:00 PM »
I like the artwork but I don't care for the text, "They gave their all so that we can hunt".
First of all, I haven't lost anyone close to me in the service so I don't exactly feel qualified to speak for those that have.  

I thank and applaud you for your efforts to recogize their lives and sacrifice.  So please don't take this as an attack on your respect for our fallen heroes.  

I don't think any of them died "so we can hunt" and I feel like it trivializes their ultimate sacrifice.  Their sacrifice was for so much more to than just freedom to go hunting.  We all know that, but I don't think it is communicated very well in this particular piece.

I wanted to voice my concern and hopefully I am alone on this but maybe others will chime in if they would have been hesitant otherwise.

Offline steadman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2011, 02:45:00 PM »
No problem. This is what my customer wanted, so that is what I did for him. I can remove the text from a decal if you so desire. Your right they didn't sacrifice just so we can hunt, however hunting is a privelege derived from the sacrifices made for our freedoms. I'm pretty sure that is what he meant. That is the great thing about this country, you can voice your opinion, but it is just that, several others like it. I was just show casing a piece I have done and would like to aplaud those who have served and will serve (my son has every intention of becoming a Ranger in the U.S. Army). This is not meant to put down anything you wrote or feel.
Thanks, Ryan

Offline doug77

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2011, 02:48:00 PM »
My son is in Kuwait as we speak and I will be oredering one of these. Some did give all so we can do what we like best.

Doug Hansen

Offline Pepper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2011, 02:53:00 PM »
No matter the words, the sentiment is there, bold and true.
Archery is a family sport, enjoy it with your family.

Offline RM81

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2011, 02:54:00 PM »
I have to agree with oxnam.  I understand what you're trying to convey, but it comes across wrong.

Offline rluttrell

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2011, 02:56:00 PM »
I like the idea of the shirt but the text seems to be off
They gave there all  
Can you put that on a shirt????
Hopefully you will see me as a better person today than I was yesterday..

Offline getstonedprimitivebowhunt

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2011, 03:24:00 PM »
...maybe  just   "they gave all"
                   Thank You ... sinple words sometimes tell more ! The Art is nice !
"when  "words" are controled ...so are we !"

Offline Buckwheaties

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2011, 03:40:00 PM »
I have to agree. "they gave all"  says it all, w/o being trivial sounding. Love the art work..
"Don't listen to what they say, watch what they do."

Online oxnam

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2011, 03:52:00 PM »
This is how Ryan's (steadman's) customer wanted to express his sentiment so I have no other concerns with it.  Not something I would necessarily pick but I appreciate the gesture.

Great job Sal on being proactive and expressing your appreciation by coming up with the idea.

Offline JamesKerr

• TG HALL OF FAME
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2011, 03:55:00 PM »
I Like it! however I think it would be more powerful if it did just say "they gave all".
James Kerr

Offline steadman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2011, 04:11:00 PM »
If I put it on a shirt, it will probably say something to the effect of "they gave all" as suggested by a few folks.
Thanks for the ideas.

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2011, 06:37:00 PM »
It wasn't meant to take anything away what We got from them... It is meant as to Show one of many Freedoms that The Falled and Those that Did and Still Serving gave US.....

I don't think Ryan would mined Taking off the "So we can Hunt"  or add a different line. The reason I Used "So we can Hunt" Was because of the Board we are on..... And since it is about everythink Trad Archery That was something that stuck in My head...

Offline Ragnarok Forge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2011, 06:40:00 PM »
Having served overseas, I think a shirt without text says it all.     I have no issue with the text,  I just think it is clearer and more poignant without it.   Less is more.  It is efforts like this that keep America great!   I want a shirt when they come out.
Clay Walker
Skill is not born into anyone.  It is earned thru hard work and perseverance.

Offline Ragnarok Forge

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2011, 06:42:00 PM »
Sal,  the shirt said what you felt meant most to you.   That is good enough for me.
Clay Walker
Skill is not born into anyone.  It is earned thru hard work and perseverance.

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2011, 06:47:00 PM »
As some of You know I Served in the Army... I did not see action, But Lost some friends that did... I was in Newark, Across the street from the airport and watched the Towers get hit and Fell.

I had family go and help with the finding of bodies and help clean up...

I know Ryan will make them any way You want them... With or without words...

Offline Pokerdaddy

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2011, 08:58:00 PM »
Ryan, I too am a veteran and love the design, but I would buy the shirt without the text.  For me the image is great by itself.  Just my thoughts.  

Andrew
Michigan Longbow Association
Michigan Traditional Bowhunters
Michigan Bowhunters
Compton Traditional Bowhunters
US Army 1992-94

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©