3Rivers Archery

The Trad Gang Digital Market

Contribute to Trad Gang and Access the Classifieds!

Become a Trad Gang Sponsor!

Traditional Archery for Bowhunters

LEFT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS TRAD GANG CLASSIFIEDS ACCESS RIGHT HAND BOWS CLASSIFIEDS

Author Topic: We will never forget (new design)  (Read 571 times)

Offline USN_Sam1385

• Trad Bowhunter
Re: We will never forget (new design)
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2011, 09:19:00 PM »
I need to find a way to convey my thoughts without being confused or my thoughts being confused... that is sometimes difficult to do simply with text and no body language.

I like the fact that Sal has that on his shirt, but simultaneously agree that it will be misconstrued by some as implying that the only reason, or most important reason they died is so that we can hunt. That is clearly not Sal's intention.

I'd like to believe that there is some patriotic altruistic meaning and purpose behind all of their sacrifices....  but I don't...

The truth is that they died because they put themselves into a dangerous situation, and got unlucky. It completely sucks... and there is no telling whether their sacrifice will really change the course of the world one way or another.. It definitely changes the course of the lives of their mothers, wives fathers, husbands, daughters, sisters and brothers. I have watched too many mothers sob as they bury their sons.

I respect them for putting themselves into that situation, because it meant knowing that they might die, and at the very least would be exposed to a dangerous situation(s).

But it is really tough to say they died for any specific reason....

I can tell you that the soldiers that are dead are just normal men and boys. Many simply boys barely out of high school...

They don't go into combat zones waving a flag and listening to patriotic music like in the movies, fighting some giant evil force that needs to be destroyed. At least not in this war...

Rather, they deploy and leave the comforts of home and everything that they know. They are simple people like any of us, and are often away from home for the first time. They take joy in simple things, and their biggest joys are things we take for granted: beef jerky, a favorite magazine, or the sound of an album that reminds them of everything that they have left behind.

I can tell you that all this politcal mumbo jumbo isn't on their minds. All that matters is their friends there with them, and the thoughts of home. We all just want to do our job to the best of our ability and come home...

Each one of us has the 'little things' that really make life worth living. For many of us here that is Traditional Archery.

And that is where I think Sal hit the nail on the head. I think many of the deceased would be a lot more comfortable accepting that they made a sacrifice so that we could enjoy the little things in life.. things that they can relate to... the simple things. Not some gigantic, political, and honorable altruistic reason that noone can even really identify.

We don't owe these boys some fancy video montage, or a yellow sticker on the back of our car that says "Support the troops." We owe them the fullness that we live with our lives. They won't ever get to breathe fresh mountain air, or watch their children grow up, or enjoy the simple pleasures in life. So we better make the most of it. They deserve that, and we owe it to them.

I told my grandfather when I was 15 years old that I thought he was a hero.

He told me:

"Sam, there is no such thing as hero's. In a combat situation the first thing that happens is that you get really scared. Because you are so scared you get really pissed off. When you get really pissed off you do stupid SH%*. If you are lucky enough to survive this stupid SH%&, you get a medal and people call you a hero."
62" Craig Warren Black Timber 3PC T/D Recurve: 48lb @ 28".

Offline graybarkhunter

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2011, 10:04:00 PM »
NO TEXT!   bada$$ shirt

Online oxnam

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2011, 11:04:00 PM »
Originally posted by USN_Sam1385:
We owe them the fullness that we live with our lives. They won't ever get to breathe fresh mountain air, or watch their children grow up, or enjoy the simple pleasures in life. So we better make the most of it. They deserve that, and we owe it to them.
:clapper:  

Excellent reminder for all of us.

Offline Spectre

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2011, 11:56:00 PM »
HooYah!
Gila hickory selfbow 54#
 Solstice reflex/deflex 45#

Offline Buckwheaties

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2011, 12:03:00 AM »
USN-Sam knows what he's talking about... Musta been there done that.? I'm a Viet Vet 2X and at 19 years old I did my duty, but there wasn't any thoughts of "protecting our freedoms" or the other political BS in my mind. It was me and my buds and getting back home to my wife and kids, that's all.. Old fat men make wars and young men fight them.. Now I'm an "old fat man" but 10 years in rag head land?? do you really think that those people really appreciate what we're doing? or the minute we leave they won't be what they've always been????
"Don't listen to what they say, watch what they do."

Offline Buckwheaties

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2011, 12:08:00 AM »
PS: I like the artwork and thought on the shirt, better with no words, without it, says it all that way.. Sorry if i'm off topic too much..
"Don't listen to what they say, watch what they do."

Offline steadman

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2011, 12:32:00 AM »
Amen Samuel!! And Thank You!!
" Just concentrate and don't freak out next time" my son Tyler(age 7) giving advise after watching me miss a big mulie.

Offline **DONOTDELETE**

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2011, 01:10:00 AM »
What about the American War of Independence, War of 1812 or Second War of Independence, World War I or
First World War or Great War, World War II or
Second World War!!!!!

Yes, I know not all WARs where fought for Freedom or to set American's FREE. I Agree nam, was BS. But the ones I have I wrote out.

Where The wars of Freedom, Where most wanted to join, Because they Felt it is the right thing to do..

When I asked Ryan, to make Me a decal, That is what He made. After it was done to what I asked for, We talked about showing it Here... I wasn't thinking to much on what was written, But what I felt. I am a Patriot Thru and Thru.

Offline Mudd

• TGMM Member
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2011, 06:06:00 AM »
I love the picture and would wear one proudly but I'd rather it be a large decal I could place on my truck.

Why? I wouldn't wear a shirt every day but I am in my truck and out and about almost every day.. that simple.

Words are wonderful tools for communicating but can cause us to confuse and/or confound almost any issue.

They can be much like a fence without a gate thus blocking our thoughts from venturing out into other areas, or on the other hand they can have the effect of tearing down our fences.

USN_Sam1385 "The truth is that they died because they put themselves into a dangerous situation, and got unlucky."

Sam I have some very mixed emotions when I read this statement. I think mostly because of my pondering about who really put them the situation to begin with. (This part of only pertains to the military personnel.)

As far as the non-military folks like the firefighters,police and emergency personnel that died on 9/11, your statement may hold more truth for them but it makes me ask why would they choose to do that?

Could the answer lie in....John 15:13 Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends.

mysticguido "Yes, I know not all WARs where fought for Freedom or to set American's FREE. I Agree nam, was BS. But the ones I have I wrote out."

Sal I appreciate how you feel and at the same time I am hurt to think that my service to my country is still being diminished today.

The war in Vietnam may or may not have been "bs" but I can assure you that my service to the cause was not nor was the service of any of my comrades who served there or gave their lives serving there for their country.

No hard feelings Sam and Sal, I love you brothers.

God bless,Mudd
Trying to make a difference
Psalm 37:4
Roy L "Mudd" Williams
TGMM- Family Of The Bow
Archery isn't something I do, it's who I am!
The road to "Sherwood" makes for an awesome journey.

Offline DesertDude

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2011, 07:00:00 AM »
Very cool....... Thank you for remembering..
DesertDude >>>----->

US Navy (Retired)
1978-1998

Offline K.S.TRAPPER

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2011, 08:14:00 AM »
Looks awesome Ryan  :thumbsup:  You did good buddy!

Tracy
You really haven't hunted the old fashion way until you've done it from one of these Indian houses.(The Tipi) "Glenn ST. Charles"

Offline Terry Green

• Administrator
  • Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2011, 10:52:00 AM »
Ryan...no matter what you do, or are asked to provide...someone is always going to have a problem with it.  They somehow feel the need to make it an issue or debate, even when that wasn't asked for...or the furtherest from intent.

Too bad they can't just go to the next thread instead of pissing in the fire....even over a simple decal.    :(
Tradbowhunting Video Store - https://digitalstore.tradgang.com/

Tradgang Bowhunting Merchandise - https://tradgang.creator-spring.com/?

Tradgang DVD - https://www.tradgang.com/tgstore/index.html

"It's important,  when going after a goal, to never lose sight of the integrity of the journey" - Andy Garcia

'An anchor point is not a destination, its  an evolution to conclusion'

Offline Coonbait

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2011, 01:44:00 PM »
Like the picture! It says it all.
Glenn

Offline Pepper

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2011, 02:29:00 PM »
"The war in Vietnam may or may not have been "bs" but I can assure you that my service to the cause was not nor was the service of any of my comrades who served there or gave their lives serving there for their country"

"Too bad they can't just go to the next thread instead of pissing in the fire....even over a simple decal."

BS or no BS, many weren't around to understand.
I don't feel that VN was any more, or less BS than what is going on right now,

May the good Lord bless and keep those who are in harms way.
Archery is a family sport, enjoy it with your family.

« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2011, 03:08:00 PM »
Considering things like the Gulf of Tonkin fable, it is good to question the actions of the few and weigh it against the sacrifice of the many. War is always, in one way or the other, regrettable.

Offline grouseshooter002

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #35 on: September 10, 2011, 03:44:00 PM »
Gentlemen,
         I know that what I'm about to say will leave me alone in this discussion, but for what it's worth, 9/11/2001 wasn't about the armed services. The twin towers were a symbol of freedom and those that gave their all were civilians not military. Give them the respect that they so justly deserve and let the military come second in this case. This is how I see it and by the way this is my birthday so I will never forget.

Grouse [Rick]

Offline Blackhawk

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #36 on: September 10, 2011, 03:56:00 PM »
I love the art work.

BTW, some of you may recall these lyrics from that Zach Brown song...which would also be appropriate for me:

"I thank God for my life
And for the stars and stripes
May freedom forever fly
Let it ring

Salute the ones who died
The ones that give their lives
So we don't have to sacrifice
All the things we love"
Lon Scott

Offline Guru

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2011, 04:37:00 PM »
Awesome Ryan!
Curt } >>--->   

"I love you Daddy".......My son Cade while stump shooting  3/19/06

Offline drags

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2011, 04:46:00 PM »
Ryan, excellent work and appreciate you sharing with everyone.

Offline burch

• Trad Bowhunter
« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2011, 05:07:00 PM »
I thank each and everyone who served our country and gave us the right to our freedom`s we all love to pursue. They`re sacrifice will never go unforgotten in my heart. God Bless `em all.

The art work is awesome Ryan.

Burch  :pray:

Users currently browsing this topic:

Contact Us | Trad Gang.com © | User Agreement

Copyright 2003 thru 2024 ~ Trad Gang.com ©